Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/chilly-low-humidity-june-3-through-10-th-breakroom-330383/)

Lary Ellis (Top) 06-08-2018 02:02 PM

Wow Stan I paid $700 good ole American dollars for the last Root Canal after my insurance picked up part of it.

I may have to come visit to have my teeth checked and the Dragon misses you ;)

Mexstan 06-09-2018 07:50 AM

Good morning everybody. Another boringly almost perfect day dawning down here in Paradise.

It is probably a waste of good coffee and time, but made fresh coffee and ph00. Fed and watered the dragon. It seemed to appreciate the time I spent with it.

Lary, now you are starting to understand why I have said for years that for those of you north of the border that need a lot of dental work, that it is probably cheaper to come down here to have the work done. You can have a few days holiday, enjoy some tasty and cheap Mexican food and probably still come out ahead cost wise compared to what you would pay at home. The exchange rate on the US and Canadian dollar also helps a lot.

NJTman, I understand what you are going thru. On my house I have wooden window frames and no matter what I treat the wood with, the sun destroys it in a couple of years. Paint lasts longer, but does not look as nice.

Hope all of you can enjoy the weekend.
Ciao.

FiverBob 06-09-2018 04:41 PM

Hi gang - - finally came up for some air. Been at it all day - - tired - - back hurts. Ph00 still smells OK, so grabbing a cup. Hear some thunder in the distance moving in, so a cup of ph00 and enjoy it in the lanai and watch the lightning. This is the called the lightning capital of the world - - some amazing displays down here.

Grab my ph00 and move along - - have to catch up on computer work long overdue. Only have 142 emails in my bucket. DUH????? New week tomorrow - - see ya then. Then we head out of here for a couple weeks - - might be a hard to catch me.

……………….[coffee]

NJTman 06-09-2018 06:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3349332)
On my house I have wooden window frames and no matter what I treat the wood with, the sun destroys it in a couple of years. Paint lasts longer, but does not look as nice.

Hope all of you can enjoy the weekend.
Ciao.

The stain lasts on average 2 to 3 years on the south, west side. North and east last much longer. I'm doing the SW side as I type. Have to finish before the hot weather moves in.

Power washing revealed lots of damage. What I thought was 1 or 2 cracked boards was quite a bit more. This is what I get for ignoring it for the last 10 years. I'm using a better stain that doesn't build up, and allows further staining without resanding, or,so they say. Time will tell.

Will finish above the garage, now that the scaffolding has come down..

Wife loves it, and I'm getting exercise, I guess.

NJTman 06-09-2018 06:27 PM

Btw.. Not sure what your environmental regs are there, but if you can find lead dust and mix it into your stain you're using, it will stop most of the decay issues you and I are dealing with. I can't use it here. But may Be maybeyou can

NJTman 06-09-2018 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 3349340)
Hi gang - - finally came up for some air. Been at it all day - - tired - - back hurts. Ph00 still smells OK, so grabbing a cup. Hear some thunder in the distance moving in, so a cup of ph00 and enjoy it in the lanai and watch the lightning. This is the called the lightning capital of the world - - some amazing displays down here.

Grab my ph00 and move along - - have to catch up on computer work long overdue. Only have 142 emails in my bucket. DUH????? New week tomorrow - - see ya then. Then we head out of here for a couple weeks - - might be a hard to catch me.

……………….[coffee]

Uh...the 142 emails were sent from my spam folder. Somehow Lary switched my forwarding to your email.

:o