Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom

Old 06-03-2018, 08:02 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom

Originally Posted by cougar
I'd leave it its natural color and Thompson's Water Seal the crap out of it.
We did that once. The finish would need. Re application several times a year. Too much work for,the old man

I cannot thank the Canadian people more, this morning. Slept in 60* F , breezy weather last night, as the a/c went off, and the windows were opened. Yesterday, and the day prior were in the mid to upper 80's and super humid.

Way above my liking tolerance.

So I hold a cup of green tea, honey and ginger filled, and I make my toast to the people of the North (aka Canada) for sharing their lovely weather. I've been up for awhile, so I baked some banana nut muffins, as well as put on a pot of phoo for Bob. Regular java, and hot water is in the associated carafe.

Another day of siding repair on my lifelong project... Washed the upper section of this side of the house above the garage with oxalic acid yesterday. That kills the algae, and helps with the power washing removal of the old finish. Then comes the hours of sanding, and cracked board replacement.

Woohoo!
Attached Thumbnails chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0602181025-1-1024x849.jpg   chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0602181514-600x1067.jpg   chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0602181514_hdr-600x1067.jpg   chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0602181515a-1024x576.jpg   chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0602181841-1024x576.jpg  

chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0602181045-1-1024x646.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2018, 08:11 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
That painting of your truck looks real!
Its 3Delicious lol
Old 06-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Man I envy you getting to do all that neat sanding and messing with your siding. (NOT) One reason I love Redwood - - minimal care. Looks like it is coming along. Yep, glad it is you and not me. And thanks for the ph00 - - - late but just now stopping long enough to realize I would like a ph00. ……………….

Hey Scotty - - you are still alive. Thought maybe you were laying in ditch from all the heat of summer up there.

New VERY busy week starting tomorrow. Been laying out my schedule. Gee, when can I retire, mommy? I'm ready!!!!

L8R
Old 06-04-2018, 08:33 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
45*F and rainy up here.
Nice sunny, warm weekend though.

Started some coffee and hot water for tea. I picked up some asphalt flavored tea for Lary as that is his favorite.

Have a good start to the week DTR'ers.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:26 PM

Running thru to see if any goodies - - nothing around and no ph00.

Sooooo, hi gang. Too late to make ph00 so b00 - - - just run on down the road and get some more work done. Oh, good report from my eye doc today - - we are holding the pressure way back down in the normal range. That has been a worry. Doesn't want to see me for 4 months.

OK, gone.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
45*F and rainy up here.
Nice sunny, warm weekend though.

Started some coffee and hot water for tea. I picked up some asphalt flavored tea for Lary as that is his favorite.

Have a good start to the week DTR'ers.
Was that asphalt or assflavor? Coffee??

By golly, I can't remember...

Lol
Old 06-05-2018, 11:36 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Well it is lunchtime now....

I left a couple of pastrami sandwiches from the local deli on the counter.
I hope somebody stops by today...Or I will have to eat another one cold for dinner with an IPA.

60* and overcast here today. It makes for good working outside weather though.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
Well it is lunchtime now....

I left a couple of pastrami sandwiches from the local deli on the counter.
I hope somebody stops by today...Or I will have to eat another one cold for dinner with an IPA.
OK - - - OK - - - I know, late but I am here. Grabbing one sandwich and made ph00. Late so didn't do coffee.

On computer all day so far - - rear end is sore - - need to hit the exercise room soon as I finish this sandwich (hmmm, smells good). Ready to shut this thing down and worry about what happened tomorrow.

CHOMP - - - hmmm, good. Me gone...………..
Old 06-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Pastrami??? Y yum. Spicy mustard, I hope.

Picked up a new Honda powered PW, and continue the forever job, of restoring my homes siding.

Made quick work of it , and hopefully will reduce how much time I have to spend doing this. Darn machine is so powerful, it kept trying to John Belushi me off the ladder.

Rained again tonight. Ugh. At this pattern of weather, I may never get to stain it.
Attached Thumbnails chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0605181225a-1024x576.jpg   chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0605181627a_crop_597x597.jpg   chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0605181701-1-600x714.jpg  
Old 06-06-2018, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Picked up a new Honda powered PW, and continue the forever job, of restoring my homes siding.

Rained again tonight. Ugh. At this pattern of weather, I may never get to stain it.
Looking good. Personal note: I love the looks of the natural color of the wood. Our last house was redwood on the second floors left natural color and sealed with clear product. It might be something to consider. It gives the house more character - - - just my opinion.

Nuther gorgeous morn dawned, but heading for 90, but the humidity is backing off a little since the rains have slowed down. Ponds, lakes and rivers are still quite high. Pond at the ranch is 6" from the brim and the Myakka River is just starting to back off from flood stage.

Fresh coffee and ph00 on the counter. Wife made a tray of BAKED French toast with bananas and walnuts in it and maple syrup ready for usage. Enjoy.

……………….……………………...
Old 06-07-2018, 05:00 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Got woken up with a sore knee this morning. Too much up and down a ladder yesterday doing wing inspections. The weather here in Sheboygan has been warm and humid. Tried to get the locals to open the hangar door, but they were complaining about the cold?
Report from the wife yesterday. Plumber and septic tank guys showed up. The drains were worse than originally thought. But now they are all replaced and running down hill like they are supposed to. Septic tank was pumped and inspected. It got a clean bill of health, no problems there fortunately.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:24 AM

Thanks Bob. Wife chose the Sierra color, so that it is. Grabbing a cup of tea,left fresh bagels and cream cheese for the guys, and a few donuts for Cougar, knowing is bathroom is now functional, and he doesn't have to run to the nearest tree to relieve the oily donut slick.

Finishing up the garage side, and setting up the upper garage roof today. Stain gets reapplied in September.
Attached Thumbnails chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0607180719-1024x576.jpg   chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom-0607180718_hdr-1-1024x736.jpg  
Old 06-07-2018, 08:35 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Still fantastic weather here every day, but need rain. The rainy season is late starting this year. Maybe this weekend?

In the past some of you have heard me mention about the quality of the dental care where I live. Yesterday I personally proved this, so bear with me as I give you a long story and do a bit of bragging.

For the last couple of months I have had an occasional twinge in a molar, but always ignored it as it soon went away. Two days ago the twinge suddenly became a major pain and could not put much pressure on the tooth. Yesterday I could hardly eat and the side of my face was swollen. Even then I stupidly did not want to go to the dreaded dentist. Around 16:00 the pain became unbearable, so called my dentist. He was booked solid until Friday. He said that the symptoms indicted that a root canal was necessary because the pain was low down in the jaw and suggested that I call a local endodontist. I know her as she has done work on both my wife and I in the past. Called her at about 17:45, just as she was about to go home. She told me to come down immediately and would wait for me. Nice of her.

I said “her” because she is is the endodontist. A tiny woman of about 5 feet nothing tall and probably weighs about 95 pounds and is maybe mid to late 40's. Really nice person. She has been doing this work for over 20 years and is super professional and everything in her clinic is ultra sterile.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, she took an x-ray and showed me a mysterious dark area at the bottom of the root. She drilled down through the nerve and into this dark area. It was an abscess full of horrible pus. She even called my wife over to show her all the mess coming out of the hole. NASTY! Spent 1¾ hours in the chair and the dentist and her assistant worked continuously. It took 4 injections to stop the pain and 4 x-rays to resolve the problem. I could sleep last night without pain and this morning all the swelling has gone down. Still a bit draggy, but on the mend.

After all that long story, just wanted to ask if any of you north of the border can get such great service. This problem proved once again why I do not carry dental insurance down here as I was only charged 3,000 pesos, about US$147 at todays exchange rates. What would a root canal cost in the US and how long would it take to get an appointment?

Sure do love living down here. Yesterday was grocery day and my wife bought a lot of carrots at 15 US cents a kilo. Watermelon was 24 cents a kilo. Oranges recently were 29 cents a kilo. No idea how anybody, especially the farmers can make any profit at those low prices.

Off to go and relax with a nice cup of coffee and a big bowl of fresh fruit.

Ciao.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning from Paradise. Sure do love living down here. Yesterday was grocery day and my wife bought a lot of carrots at 15 US cents a kilo. Watermelon was 24 cents a kilo. Oranges recently were 29 cents a kilo. No idea how anybody, especially the farmers can make any profit at those low prices.

Off to go and relax with a nice cup of coffee and a big bowl of fresh fruit.
Ciao.
OK Stan - - - I thought you were a buddy and liked us. NOPE. You just like to rub it in. Don't see you for a whole day and then you do this to us. Shame all over you!!!!!!!!!!!!……………..………………………..………………...just teasing you. Several of my friends go down when they need work done. The price is a little higher closer to the border. They are very happy with the quality of work done.

Stopped by to catch some ph00, but the only thing around is the pot I made yesterday and it is cold. My big pan of baked French toast has not been touched. Strange. Oh well, just keep it for myself.

Been working all day in garage sorting and prepping stuff for a driveway sale. Be glad to get all this extra stuff gone. Tired.
Morry
Old 06-08-2018, 08:48 AM

Eek, Stan...

Glad she fixed you up. Root canal here ? I have no idea, but I'm sure it's in the thousands by the time all is said and done.

Now I have to go brush my teeth and gargle with peroxide, cause you made me worried..

Ugh...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: chilly, and low humidity June 3 through 10 th breakroom