Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Bright and sunny spring day breakroom. 4/22 - 4/29

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 07:07 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Bright and sunny spring day breakroom. 4/22 - 4/29

Holy Batcrap, Batman ! Spring is here .....finally

I went out to the store, and asked the clerk for some ph00 for a fella here named Bob, and they loaded my cart with a 55 gallon drum of the stuff. My god, it was hard pushing 500 lbs of flavored coffee out to the back of my truck for him. Luckily they local store has a forklift to put it in the bed for me, as I'm too old to lift it all by myself. The fella working the forklift said my truck was easy, as he usually has to load these drums onto the roof of a Prius, while being careful that he doesn't scratch the paint on them.

Went back inside, bought 10 lbs of bacon, 10 lbs of pork sausage, 10 lbs of Turkey bacon, and another 10 lbs of Turkey sausage. Does anyone know how many dead turkeys it takes to make 10 lbs of sausage??? It has to be a lot, eh?

Got back home found a 30 gallon pot, loaded all the meats in there, threw in 15 lbs of butter, seasonings, and a sprinkle of hot sauce for added taste. Once heated & cooked to my liking, pulled it out, and dumped it into baking pans, and threw it in the oven till crispy and crunchy. Put it on the table for all to enjoy.

Don't worry, I have a portable defibrillator standing by for those with already partially clogged arteries. We can save you, should the need arise.

Fresh baked rolls, regular coffee, carafe of hot tea, and fruit juices on the side are all here too.

Fantastic day here. 65f, sunny, low humidity, and blue skies. Who could ask for more?? Enjoy the day, folks
Old 04-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
OH BOY, I'M IN TROUBLE NOW. Should never have gotten out of bed - - or at least not come in here. ....................WOW!!!!!!!!!! Now let's see - - what will get me in the least amount of trouble? WELL, definitely the ph00, so grab a big jug of that - - yeh - - OK, some turkey sausage - - almost as good as venison sausage. What else - - wow, way too much to choose from and I don't see anyone lined up at the door for a spread like this. OK, I see some more stuff that will not be too brutal the LDL. ..................

Great spread and good title on the thread - - just hope it is true for the gang north of us. Gorgeous down here, but way too late for snow storms up there. Get out and enjoy it.

OK, off to church. Then out to eat with wife and friends. Have a great day.

Ph00Bobby
Old 04-22-2018, 08:13 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Whoa!!!! This spread probably breaks all records here. Not sure whether to congratulate NJTman or have him banned by the mods for promoting gluttony. What a temptation! Everything looks so good. OK, OK, will admit that I tasted everything too and it is all good. Too good!

Suffering with a stiff back this morning. Did a lot of physical work yesterday and can feel it today. Had a really strange accident yesterday where I cracked a taillight. I was pulling out a bunch of small trees by the roots and with one tree the rear tires of the truck just spun. Thought it was strange as I had already pulled out 100's of similar trees with no trouble and did not even need 4 wheel drive. Gunned it a bit and the truck slid sideways, pushing the tail light against a big tree. When I got out to check what happened I discovered that one wheel had stopped on top of a very large cactus leaf and that type of leaf is super slippery inside. The tire was spinning on the slime.

Here is your humor for the day. Let the comments begin;
Switzerland: Duck snapped twice for speeding in 30km zone | News | DW | 20.04.2018

See yuh.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:52 AM

UBlue skies. Heck, I'm in my shorts

Lol

Dog walking at its,best.
Attached Thumbnails Bright and sunny spring day breakroom. 4/22 - 4/29-0422180949-1024x576.jpg   Bright and sunny spring day breakroom. 4/22 - 4/29-0422180957-1024x576.jpg  
Old 04-22-2018, 10:11 AM

Honda... Honda! Honda!

Sorry, couldn't remember Beetlejuice.
Attached Thumbnails Bright and sunny spring day breakroom. 4/22 - 4/29-0422181106_hdr-1024x576-1.jpg  
Old 04-22-2018, 11:11 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
42° this AM. Went out the house yesterday. Made it up the driveway by taking a few runs at it with the 01, hope the wife doesn't try it in the car. Spent the day taking measurements and taking notes. Then went out in the ward and cleaned up the trash left behind. There is a lot of wood scattered around to be picked up.
Got to call in tonight to see if I've been drafted for jury duty.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:16 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Suffering with a stiff back this morning. Did a lot of physical work yesterday and can feel it today. Had a really strange accident yesterday where I cracked a taillight. I was pulling out a bunch of small trees by the roots and with one tree the rear tires of the truck just spun. Thought it was strange as I had already pulled out 100's of similar trees with no trouble and did not even need 4 wheel drive. Gunned it a bit and the truck slid sideways, pushing the tail light against a big tree. When I got out to check what happened I discovered that one wheel had stopped on top of a very large cactus leaf and that type of leaf is super slippery inside. The tire was spinning on the slime.
Some day I'm going to write a book about God's sense of humor. You tease us Minnesotans and Alaskans as we deal with slippery snow, and you get had by a slippery cactus.

Went to the meeting on Wednesday night telling myself that no matter what I was going to leave at 7:30. When I got to the little room with the guys I was to pray with, I looked up at the clock and it said 7:29:44......and it was stuck. I had to laugh.

Anyway, there's still snow piles around here, but it was warmed up to room temp, hot and sunny today. I enjoyed that. There's still 3 feet of ice on the lakes, though.

This new sound system is getting to be fun. I was cutting a CD requested by a member when the choir was practicing. They decided that they had the song down and stood on the stage to do a sorta-formal run through. My side kick is in the choir, and I high signaled him to set a mic in front of the choir. I got the choir and piano recorded, and a couple of minutes later started to mix it down to the main speakers.

One member said, "You play that, and we'll lip sync." A couple of others asked for CD's. I wonder how it's going to turn out when we decide to set up for a real recording session.

Gotta get to bed. Big funeral at the church tomorrow, and I have to get there early and rig up several families and folks that are to sing and speak.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:01 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Some day I'm going to write a book about God's sense of humor. You tease us Minnesotans and Alaskans as we deal with slippery snow, and you get had by a slippery cactus.

Went to the meeting on Wednesday night telling myself that no matter what I was going to leave at 7:30. When I got to the little room with the guys I was to pray with, I looked up at the clock and it said 7:29:44......and it was stuck. I had to laugh.

John, that is funny. Guess I got my comeuppance for taunting y'all for so long. Have said for many years that God has a wonderful sense of humor and have often seen it. You saw it again with that stopped clock. We are supposed to be made in the image of God and us humans have a sense of humor, so consequently God must have it too.

You must be having fun with those sound systems.

Did some checking for a new tail light. Genos has them and much to my surprise they are priced at about 1/3 of a used one from a scrap yard. Good for Genos.

Found a huge barrel of something labeled PH00. Looks like something is rubbed off the end of that word, so maybe it is ph00ey? Anyway, used some to make something in the ph00 pot. Coffee is fresh and steaming. It's too early for grub, so someone can bring some vittles later.

Got a busy day ahead of me, so had better get going. BTW, almost every day is gorgeous down here. Blue skies, nice temps, just great. Every day, all day is a shorts day

Ciao.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:41 PM

Hi gang - - - some interesting comments in about posts, but ducks flying thru a speed zone and getting photographed -- DUH. ..............

Just got back from sis-in-laws house - - met realtor there, went over what they want done to list the property. Still have more work to do and furniture to move. OK Bob, go get it done. .................

Uhhhh, think I will pass on the ph00 today -- already have enough problems.

Morry,

Bob
Old 04-27-2018, 07:57 AM

Well, it's another day in Mr. Robinson's neighborhood, and today is an on and off rain , washout sort of day. Started the day off today, like I have the last 2 weeks by force feeding , giving 150 mls of sub cutaneous fluids, 3 types of drugs and a bow full of cat scratches to my arms to my wives old cat that refuses to be a normal cat. Idiopathic vestibular disease is a new affliction we just welcomed here in the animal nuthouse, and at least a few more weeks are in store from what I've read. Oh , fun fun, fun !

Since Bob sent up the rain from the south, and that 55 gallon drum I dropped off last week must be gone by now, I picked up some hazelnut flavored morning coffee for him, and a pot or two of regular for the rest of you. A box of buttered croissants for ya, and a bowl of oatmeal for Mr Lary.

Sending out best wishes and hoping the big guy is feeling better today. Keep that ticker working there, big fella. You have a few to go to catch up to George Carlin.

Off to a wet, soggy, wiping my glasses dry sort of day, here in Mr Robinson's neighborhood. I guess I'll be changing the dogs tube sock a few more times than normal today.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...pM9JWFOjkTeP4S

Enjoy!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Rain off and on with high, HIGH winds all week. 10 day forecast calls for more of the same. 90mph gusts recorded at Anchorage International airport, wind gusts reported elsewhere in excess of 100mph. Lots of trees down, power outages, and homes damaged. I have some trees down, but no damage.
The snow finally melted off the driveway at the house leaving mud. Going to have to fix that.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:47 AM

MMMMMMM, hazelnut ph00 -- - YAH - - - .......delicious........

Nuther busy day in progress - - - been at the other house since 7 this morning. Slowly it is taking shape and looking neater. Had a showing yesterday way ahead of schedule. Have not heard results yet. Be so glad when this baby is sold and we can get back to a normal life again. We are both ready.

Gotta run and get back to work. Another 4 or 5 hours of work available. Back hurts - - - OUCH.

Have a great one. Ohhh, where is Lary - - what is going on????
Old 04-27-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
MMMMMMM, hazelnut ph00 -- - YAH - - - .......delicious........

Gotta run

Have a great one. Ohhh, where is Lary - - what is going on????
Too many donuts

Or

frying pans
Old 04-27-2018, 04:41 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Yeah where the heck is he?.....
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (04-27-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Yeah where the heck is he?.....
THERE LARY IS. WELCOME.

Been missing you, boy. Twinner is long gone also - - probably still buried in a snow bank somewhere.

Put on fresh coffee and ph00 and a pan of baked banana/nut French toast with maple syrup. Enjoy.

Off to work again - - think i will have my own house wrapped up today. Spring time is always fun down here - things grow like mad. Laid down a total of 140 bags of purdy red mulch, some new plants, pruning, installed gutter guard (oak trees are getting huge and several limbs hanging over edge of roof). Maybe next week I will have time to straighten up my garage a bit - - it is a mess. Lots of furniture to sell, give away, throw away - whatever - - the secret here is "AWAY."

Have a good day ....................

Quick Reply: Bright and sunny spring day breakroom. 4/22 - 4/29