Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Break room, June 18 - 24

Old 06-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Sheesh. Got up at the crack of noon and still no coffee on in the break room. OK, put on the coffee. Made some ph00 for Bobby, Put some quick stop doughnuts on the counter. Fed the dragon, dusted the ceiling fan. gone.
Afternoon. Thanks for the ph00 - - still good. I swung by here on my way to my office - - nuthin but the old stuff from yesterday and some yummies still hanging around, but flies on them - - so thru them out. I didn't make anything cuz I knew I did not have time. Been "in class" all day, just now got away. Maybe someday I will get smart.

OK, get out and move, Robert - - water the plants, get in the exercise room - - butt is sore from sitting so long. ....................
L8R
Old 06-21-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Steaks are on, Barley pops on the ready...... Thanks!!!!!

Had tomorrow off...3 meetings later I'll probably work late.......
Old 06-21-2017, 07:20 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
message for larry -what do you know about referb or replacement cfm s for 1994 cummins 5.9 12 valve in 1 ton dodge le -made in mexico ?
or any one else that has knowledge
Old 06-22-2017, 06:40 AM

Morning all - - rise and shine - - sun is up, it is getting late. Ph00 and coffee is on, hot water for Claude with some new tea flavours perchance you like them, Buddy.

Another day locked in my office chair on my "you know what" (getting sore) trying to learn something. ......

Have a great day - - do something constructive (if possible???????)
Old 06-22-2017, 10:58 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVENING FELLOW DTRotarions

Was reminiscing, remembering when we received a TV signal on an antenna ,didnt have those huge bills for cable or satellite . Yea on occasions we would get some snow in the pict .
But didn`t have to deal with outages due to storms .

OH but thats another bill of goods the government shoved down our throats .
Old 06-23-2017, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by old dog
EVENING FELLOW DTRotarions
Was reminiscing, remembering when we received a TV signal on an antenna ,didnt have those huge bills for cable or satellite . Yea on occasions we would get some snow in the pict .
But didn`t have to deal with outages due to storms .

OH but thats another bill of goods the government shoved down our throats .
Yep, I remember. I also remember the wonderful days of jumping in my car, firing up the rig and head out on the scavenger hunt - - try to be the first one to find the lurker sitting in the woods somewhere. Or, talk to my friend in South America on my transceiver while heading out to duck hunt. No longer have my rig - - miss it.

No one around yesterday so didn't bother to make coffee or ph00. Heading out to conquer two more lines on my Get To Do list. Have a good one.

Bob
Old 06-23-2017, 09:18 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Another wonderful day has dawned down here. Just came in from sitting on my verandah/patio with my coffee and listening to the grass grow. I keep it watered all year, but now that the rainy season and the heat has started, it is really growing fast.

Bob and Claude, you brought back many memories. When I used to live in Toronto I had a Yaesu 5 band HF rig in my car and on the way to work in mornings would talk to the guys in Australia on 20 meters and on the way back home, talk to the guys in South Africa. Have 72 confirmed DX mobile contacts. Early Sunday mornings before church would get on 80 meters and talk to the local group. Sometimes I would be the net controller. Still have an old 5 band HF rig and a 2/6 meter rig sitting on the shelf here in case I decide get back into that. Was crazy enough to even try using CW while driving, but quickly decided that was too dangerous. Worse than driving and texting today. VE3AH. Was a VE1 for years.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Stan, nowadays you could use voice-text-morse code conversion, and the reverse and hold a cw conversation hands free.

Anybody in amateur radio using FSK (teletype) for fun?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
dah dit dah dit ... dah dah dit dah
Old 06-23-2017, 08:34 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
An old style tv antenna will get you super high definition signal for all your local stations.
amazing picture quality.
Its out there.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:15 PM

No coffee, no ph00, but Scotty's been here. Does the laundry hanging from the ceiling fan have anything to do with reception?
Old 06-23-2017, 10:00 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
John, never tried FSK, but a few of my friends did. Looked at bouncing signals off the moon, UHF and also satellites, but none of those interested me much. Did do fair amount of experimenting with different antennas and making scale models and testing them on low power with signal strength meters. Got very interested in large multi element upright V antennas as they have a lot of gain compared to others. The mechanics were a super pain, especially when using 3 or more elements that could be rotated.

Is it just my computer or is everything on DTR very slow? Going from forum to forum or even page to page takes forever.

It's been unusually hot here today. Boiling in the sun, but quite nice in the shade. No rain all week.

Off to bed soon. Nite.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:14 AM

Morning all - -- another week gone fluueeee (is that a word???). Maybe a few will show up today, sooooo, fresh coffee, ph00 and br0000d tea for Claude. Brought breakfast too - - it is a secret - - you have to come and see for yourself.

Lazy day today - - catch up after a hectic week. Clean up garage a bit, knock off a couple simple GTD's (GetToDo) off my list. Heading out for maybe 6 or 7 miles on the bike to loosen up the limbs and get some cardio. Then come back and delve into that breakfast.

Have a gudurn..................
Old 06-24-2017, 09:41 AM

Wow, discombobulated eggabobs with bits of steak stirred in. Thanks, Bob.

Cool and clear here. Quite a change from last week. Like Bob says, gotta knock some lines off the list.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:31 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Denali, that stuff happens so often that the local TV news doesn't report it any more, or just a short one liner in the local news paper. Had to do some searching to find anything about this one.
Signs of spring, the new babies are showing themselves this month. 2 baby moose, 3 baby rabbits, a baby squirrel, and a baby bird learning to fly so far in my front yard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Break room, June 18 - 24