Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Bombing at OU Tied to Al Queda?? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/bombing-ou-tied-al-queda-79786/)

crobtex 10-06-2005 06:43 PM

I kinda like the term "fanatic muslim" myself.

whtractor 10-06-2005 09:48 PM

$($(ri(reut#+()w$ur*()ur()weutr()i

hotdram 10-07-2005 07:35 AM

Story about the incident on the local news site today:
Police Were Investigating Student Who Blew Self Up

Not judging by appearances, but you gotta' wonder after seeing his picture.

~Rob

Hoss 10-07-2005 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1
Oh, of course it is tied to Al Qaeda...

Anybody but me ever get the idea that Al Qaeda is just a name that somebody overhyped to make every Muslim fanatic seem to be part of a global organization?

Honestly... Don't you think it's unlikely that the people who managed to crash 4 jetliners and destroy 2 of the world's largest buildings would stoop to the level of blowing up a few people in a college football game?

Not that college football isn't important, of course, but I wouldn't exactly call it a high profile target....

What I want to know is how I can make a bomb with hydrogen peroxide... [nonono]

Why wouldn't a college football game be a high profile target?? Thousands and thousands of people (up to 100,000 or more) all gathered in one place...one place that takes a LONG time for everyone to get out of...crowded shoulder to shoulder. One good bomb...or several strategically placed boms...could easily make 9-11 look like nothing.

I think the Al Queda link stemmed from the apparent fact that this kid attended worhip at a mosque where one of the people who was partly responsible for 9-11 also attended. Of course, I haven't seen anything that said there was an Al Queda link. In fact, what I have seen said that he was NOT linked to a terrorist organization. I was simply asking the question to see if anyone else had heard of a link to Al Queda (since my co-worker heard somewhere that he was positively linked).

From the story above:

"Nobody else was injured, and FBI and university officials have said there was no indication he tried to get in the stadium or that he had any links to terrorism."

gunracer1 10-07-2005 11:14 AM

he had a ticket to the game, tried to get in two different gates. at the last gate they tried to search his back pack and he took off running. and peroxide bombs are pretty simple to make but very unstable.

Hoss 10-07-2005 11:24 AM

Gunracer, I heard that too from the guy I work with, but the news stories on it all seem to indicate that he never tried to get into the game (see quote above). Do you have a source?

j-fox 10-08-2005 08:02 AM

Quote from his Dad-- I think he wanted to commit suicide but didn't want to hurt anyone---!!! So, he went to a crowded stadium?? How about going to an unused parking lot, or just sitting in his bathtub with a knife at his wrist.

Vulcan 10-08-2005 11:18 AM

Yeah, why there if not to harm to others?

Hoss 10-08-2005 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by j-fox
Quote from his Dad-- I think he wanted to commit suicide but didn't want to hurt anyone---!!! So, he went to a crowded stadium?? How about going to an unused parking lot, or just sitting in his bathtub with a knife at his wrist.

He wasn't at the stadium, and from what I've seen it doesn't appear that he tried to get into the stadium. I don't think his intentions were just to kill himself though.

whtractor 10-12-2005 10:36 PM

I work for the Houston Fire Dept, and we have had some training for WMD wepons mass destructon, and a Stadium full of people is a idea place for an attack.

whtractor 10-12-2005 10:45 PM

President Bush uses the term Al Qaeda or Fanatics because it is politicly correct. What the dont tell you is that is all muslim' and Islam are fanatics, there religon teaches peace and teaches them that to achieve world peace by convertin everone to muslim and that war is expected against infadels. I got on a muslim forum an looked through the chat rooms. [eyecrazy] crazy stuff

displacedtexan 10-12-2005 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
I think the Al Queda link stemmed from the apparent fact that this kid attended worhip at a mosque where one of the people who was partly responsible for 9-11 also attended.

The media around here are saying no evidence he ever attended the Mosque...