Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Bombing at OU Tied to Al Queda?? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/bombing-ou-tied-al-queda-79786/)

Hoss 10-06-2005 11:30 AM

Bombing at OU Tied to Al Queda??

A guy I work with from OU is telling me that the kid who blew himself up over the weekend during an OU football game has now been positively tied to Al Queda. Apparently he tried to enter the stadium twice and was turned away when they tried to search and/or confiscate the bag he was carrying?

Anyone know anything about it? I haven't seen much on the internet.

smokindog 10-06-2005 11:34 AM

Hoss, this is the first I have heard of it! Any links to it on the web?

hotdram 10-06-2005 11:37 AM

Went to Sports Illustrated's website to see if they had anything but got distracted by the slide show of NCAA and NFL cheerleaders.

Will keep looking
~Rob

Hoss 10-06-2005 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by smokindog
Hoss, this is the first I have heard of it! Any links to it on the web?

This is the only one I've been able to find:

www.channeloklahoma.com/news/5060237/detail.html

It shows one story and a bunch of related stories over to the right. Doesn't say anything about Al Queda in these stories though.

graphitecumnz 10-06-2005 12:10 PM

here are two more stories....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=46640

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=46681

phox_mulder 10-06-2005 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
A guy I work with from OU is telling me . . .

Did you notice the tinfoil sticking out from under his baseball hat?
:D

phox

Hoss 10-06-2005 12:20 PM

From the second link that Graphitecumminz provided:

Also, Joel "Joe" Henry Hinrichs III attended a Norman, Okla., mosque near his university-owned apartment – the same one attended by Zacharias Moussaoui, the only person charged in connection with the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, according to a report by KWTV-News 9 in Oklahoma City.
Maybe this is where my co-worker got his information from. That doesn't seem to positively link him to Al Queda though.

I would imagine that, just as a precaution, security at football games across the nation will be pretty tight for the next few weekends.

Did you notice the tinfoil sticking out from under his baseball hat?
[laugh]

displacedtexan 10-06-2005 12:31 PM

On the news here (talk radio) they are saying no connection.

And they have been saying that he was not trying to get in the stadium...

gunracer1 10-06-2005 12:39 PM

i was listing to the mark davis show here on wbap and he inteviewed a woman about it. pretty intresting deal to say the least. i think him blowing up was a accident, he wanted to leave the back pack in the stadium was my guess. if he ws a sucide bomber he would have had the explosives on his body.

Copenhagenjunkie 10-06-2005 12:51 PM

Hey Hoss,

This bombing situation is not funny at all BUT........

I wonder if he was part of the Al Husker footballist group and was seeking revenge. :D

"I've got corn in my veins"

Hoss 10-06-2005 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by gunracer1
i was listing to the mark davis show here on wbap and he inteviewed a woman about it. pretty intresting deal to say the least. i think him blowing up was a accident, he wanted to leave the back pack in the stadium was my guess. if he ws a sucide bomber he would have had the explosives on his body.

My suspicion is that he intended to take his little bomb into the stadium and either had second thoughts or just chickened out. At that point he probably either decided he was an infidel and needed to die...OR...his little homemade bomb was a little too volatile and decided to go boom-boom as he sat on the bench trying to work up the courage to carry out his mission. Either way, I'm glad that he was the only one who got killed (even though I feel very sorry for his family).

Hoss 10-06-2005 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Copenhagenjunkie
Hey Hoss,

This bombing situation is not funny at all BUT........

I wonder if he was part of the Al Husker footballist group and was seeking revenge. :D

"I've got corn in my veins"

Somehow I doubt it. Those Husker fans are usually a pretty civil bunch. ;)

Begle1 10-06-2005 05:49 PM

Oh, of course it is tied to Al Qaeda...

Anybody but me ever get the idea that Al Qaeda is just a name that somebody overhyped to make every Muslim fanatic seem to be part of a global organization?

Honestly... Don't you think it's unlikely that the people who managed to crash 4 jetliners and destroy 2 of the world's largest buildings would stoop to the level of blowing up a few people in a college football game?

Not that college football isn't important, of course, but I wouldn't exactly call it a high profile target....

What I want to know is how I can make a bomb with hydrogen peroxide... [nonono]

Lary Ellis (Top) 10-06-2005 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
Oh, of course it is tied to Al Qaeda...

Anybody but me ever get the idea that Al Qaeda is just a name that somebody overhyped to make every Muslim fanatic seem to be part of a global organization?

Keep thinking that way, thats exactly what they are counting on the foolish infidels to do.

Begle1 10-06-2005 06:40 PM

I still think that terrorism is a serious threat and that no expense should be avoided combating it (except for the destruction of the Constitution and the driving of ourselves into still deeper debt), but anymore anything is called Al Qaeda.

So one student in Oklahoma can manage to join an association spearheaded by a few fanatics living in caves in Western Pakistan, and of course a bunch of Saudi's tell him to blow up a college football game... It's not like somebody can become fanatics by themselves and act alone, oh no, it's all from Al Qaeda.

Okay, I'm finished now... It isn't good for my health to be calling the Moderator a conspiracy theorist... [tapdshut] [whistle]