Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Bob Saget: That Aint Right

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob Saget: That Aint Right

If you like really funny dirty stand up his new DVD is funny as hell!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I never liked him because of his old tv shows. I always thought he was a dork but I haven't ever seen his stand up routine. Might have to check it out. I hope it's better than his tv shows! lol
Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 PM

if you like vulgar raw funny comedy he is just that. nothing like full house. he uses the F word about every other word.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah for someone as happy and nice and sweet on TV as he was, you will die when you see him do stand up or act in a movie, its a real shocker, ive never heard the F-word used that much by anyone except me. anyone here ever seen Half Baked with Dave Chapelle?? he has a cameo in it and hes pretty funny.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 PM

he talks about the cameo in this new special.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 PM

He's on Opie&Anthony from time to time and he usually kills.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I never liked him because of his old tv shows. I always thought he was a dork but I haven't ever seen his stand up routine. Might have to check it out. I hope it's better than his tv shows! lol
the best thing he did for his career was to stop doing americas funniest home video...i began to hate the guy for the stupid stuff the shows writers made him say!

brett
Old 08-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

The old TV shows and his stand up are NO comparison. The first time I saw one of his stand up acts I was thinking "IS THIS REALLY THE SAME GUY"? His stand up act is pretty dang good, but I like the vulgar raunchy stuff myself.....it just makes me laugh more I guess.

For the people who like good clean comedy and jokes.......he's probably not one you want to see!!

~Nick
Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 AM

I watched it for about 3 minutes and couldn't stand him. I don't see anything funny about being vulgar for the sake of trying to be funny. Funny and vulgar are two different things. Sometimes they can be artfully mixed... what i saw wasn't at all artful. I shut it off.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by spunbearing
I watched it for about 3 minutes and couldn't stand him. I don't see anything funny about being vulgar for the sake of trying to be funny. Funny and vulgar are two different things. Sometimes they can be artfully mixed... what i saw wasn't at all artful. I shut it off.
I agree with ya Jeff! I watched about 5min of it the other night and his routine is laced with profanity, which he uses to try and be funny. He's funnier being clean. If ya notice the audience, they didn't seem to find him funny either. If you want filthy, funny comedy, Rodney Carrington, Sam Kinison etc...
Old 08-31-2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by spunbearing
I thought the same thing, he kept repeating the "F" word over and over, just for the sake of repeating, it had NOTHING to do with the joke.
I also thought his delivery was laking, and I really didnt even find one joke funny. I turned it off after 5minutes as well...
Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by LOGAN
yeah for someone as happy and nice and sweet on TV as he was, you will die when you see him do stand up or act in a movie, its a real shocker, ive never heard the F-word used that much by anyone except me. anyone here ever seen Half Baked with Dave Chapelle?? he has a cameo in it and hes pretty funny.

You in here, for some marijuana? MARIJUANA! Man this is some BS. Marijuana's not a drug. I used to blank blank for coke. Now thats an addiction man. You ever suck some blank for marijuana? (Dave)"No i cant say that i have". I didnt think so.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I watched it on HBO last night. He dropped the F bomb every other word and seemed like he was trying too hard to be funny. Ended up falling asleep in the middle of it.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Banned

Hmm guess I'll have to watch the new one......I saw him down at Comedy works here in Denver awhile back and it was a really good show!! Had the whole crowd laughing there butts off! I'll have to pay attention and see when it comes on next and watch it.......you guys have me curious now.

~Nick
Old 08-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

i like a raunchy show...just shows how little class i have!! but ive seen some of his other shows and i kinda liked them. i dont get hung up on the fact that almost every other word is a cuss word tho...it helps

brett

Quick Reply: Bob Saget: That Aint Right