Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anybody have experience with Miracle Truss buildings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have experience with Miracle Truss buildings?

I'm thinking about plunking down a serious amount of money with them and want to make sure they are as good as they say.

http://www.miracletruss.com/
Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought a building a year ago and it was delivered about 6 months ago.

I got a 48X60 with extensions, overhangs and an added 14X8 entry porch. It is certified for 90 MPH winds and we'll finish it out as a three bedroom two bath home with a large garage and radiant heating. We're now digging the footings, prefabbing the rebar and builbing forms. I'm thrilled!

Miracle has been very good to deal with and the steel is very nice! Heavy gauge, beautiful welding and thickly covered with primer. Everythng went as they said and the delivery was right on time. All the steel comes out of South Dakota.

The building manufacturers all have a different way of dealing with the girts and purlins. Miracle's system uses wood for these. The main steel trusses are set at 12' centers and framed with wood in between. It means a lot of wood framing but good insulation and a lot of conventional carpentry. I deleted the formed steel siding and decided to go with concrete siding instead. I'm also skinning the sides and roof with 7/16 OSB. I sketched an entry porch and they went to work to design it up and make it. They were very good about it.

The foundation is entirely up to you. They just say that it can be done in a number of ways. I hired a structural engineer to draw all the plans and certify them for my building permit.

It seems like there is a lot of faith involved with prefab steel buildings. I've heard horror stories and predictions that some will soon be out of business. Some kits come from overseas and don't fit well. Some designs are very labor intensive. So far all is well with my Miracle building. The man I dealt with at Miracle was John Turner.

Here in Nevada there are a lot of steel buildings going up as airplane hangers or shops with living space inside.

John