Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Mother Nature Be Nice Breakroom 9/8/15 - 15/8/15 ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - ran by to grab a ph00. Over at the REC center to use the wireless. Made trip to NC fine and relaxed yesterday to chill out from horrible back. Cool and sunny - - little different than home.

Later,
Bob
Old 08-10-2015, 11:13 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
I started Saturday morning to upload 10. Took a while, but loaded and worked. However, later in the day got a dreaded blue screen saying "back up immediately, hard disk error"

Short version, no backup possible. Back to DOS doing file by file. I think I got most of the important stuff. I hope so, because at this point, the drive is making lots of clicks and weird noises. Looks like it's time to fix it.
I learned from my mistakes, so I always keep a recent boot disc and back up. If anything goes wrong, it's just a plug and play fix.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:24 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alo alo alo!!!!

flipping a coin on what to do before the rain. tons to do inside when it rains....

VacationBob! good, good, relax and let the cool breezes refresh. or streak down the lane for a nice back workout. run, bob , run evil snicker.

glad all is settled for northnoneck so he can focus on his LEGGGGGS!

Larry, I didn't wave because of the eye tick you had, like clint eastwood. did not want to catch a .9mm in my teeth. CA man, grows nuts.

visited by a raccoon big boy last night, opened the window and took in the bird feeder. yelled at it, it ran away. did not think tenants would like a .22 next to their bedroom........
Old 08-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
CA man, grows nuts.
I know I am a native Californian raised in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas
Old 08-11-2015, 05:42 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning all. Coffee and ph00 is hot and ready. Hopefully somebody else will donate breakfast a bit later.

Been reading a lot about Windows 10 having a lot of security issues. Anybody with W10 discovered that? Not going that route yet and will wait until I hear consistent good reports.

Worked long and hard yesterday. Finished my compressed air line system and it is now operational. Now working on modifying some of the electrical system in three rooms. Got one circuit split into two and have a good start on a new line and another new circuit for a bunch of plugs.

Gotta go. See yuh.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:42 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello
How are ewe?
Eye m phine.

Hanyday olive ewe
Old 08-11-2015, 12:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just a quick Stop and Go...

See ya!
Old 08-11-2015, 01:57 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Just arrived home. Hungry. Lunch will only be ready in an hour, so hope I survive until then.

A friend sent me this video yesterday and it made me think about some of the DTR members who in tne past have made comments about their weight. Can anybody relate to this?:

Does anybody know what I can use as a substitute for high temperature oil? Need it for my exhaust brake. Can't seem to find find it anywhere, Mexico, USA or Canada. Been using a 50/50 mixture of ATF and SAE 30. Been wondering about synthetic brake fluid? Will this work?

Going to hit the recliner to conserve my energy before lunch.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Stan, I freely admit, if I grew my beard out, I would be a dead ringer for that guy, except he looks to be a bit shorter than I am...........

And no, I don't look good nekkid anymore.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got lucky this morning. Not in a good way. We hauled a cow with a bad foot to the vet's with the calves. She adapted to the concrete and the rubber pad glued onto her foot where they fixed it quite quickly. I missed a step going over a panel after she spotted me trying to close a gate behind her. Got my left foot pretty good. Felt like she folded it in half. Luckily just sprained the ankle and lots of bruising.
The woman I've been talking to is from England originally. But she's married to a real piece of work. Knows she should leave but is afraid of having to take care of I think 7 kids herself, between hers and his and theirs.
He even put something on facebook about how a good wife will pamper and coddle her husband and keep his house clean and cook him dinner because he's had a hard day. In the middle of her 9 hour shift as a bartender. With a band that night. The same day he traded a $3500 siding job for a (third) car for her that she really doesn't need, instead of paying the rent.
Kinda wish he had been standing beside me at the time.
Don't see any future in it but she is fun to be around and really needs a friend who's not just trying to get some.

Hopefully this pattern ends at 2.

I don't think I ever looked good naked.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe the janitor will swing by sometime now that it seems he's just finished up a major project.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Coffee, Phoo and fresh baked goods for all of ewe.....

Have a SAFE day!

Gone Golfing FORE!
Old 08-12-2015, 07:16 AM

Good morning from Paradise. Lovely morning downing, so come and enjoy the coffee and ph00 that I prepared. Where is everybody? Maybe the smell of the coffee will pull some of you (ewe) out of bed and the woodwork.

I know that some of you sometimes wonder about where I live and why I live here. Could be because it's nice down here. The following will perhaps give you a better idea of what things are like down here. No, I do not live in Mexico City, but my city 3 hours away has similar attractions.

Why Mexico City Could be the Next Paris | Sucheta Rawal
Old 08-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Mexico City must have really, REALLY got better since I used to travel down there in the 90's................ They took you straight from the Hotel to the Plant, and you didn't dare leave the compound while at the plant.

I will say, I could freely roam the area near the Hotel though, so perhaps that is the part they are speaking of.

Monterrey was almost the same way, not quite as bad outside of the green zone.......
Old 08-12-2015, 08:24 AM

You can roam freely wherever you want in most Mexican cities. However, like many cities around the world, there are a few neighborhoods that nobody should venture into. There are no compounds down here.

Quick Reply: *** Mother Nature Be Nice Breakroom 9/8/15 - 15/8/15 ***