Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   ****BREAKROOM, 05/12 to 05/18**** (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/%2A%2A%2A%2Abreakroom-05-12-05-18%2A%2A%2A%2A-312020/)

madhat 05-13-2013 05:31 AM

Considering I'm a lowly janitor on an internet page, I'm sure she's REAL proud.
That doesn't even have anything to clean... and you've almost been fired a few times... :o

Mornin. Coffee is on, time to go to work. Didn't want to get out of bed this morning... or any morning for that matter. Good looking woman and a 5k bed... :)

Hope everyone has a good one, and had a good mothers day experience today.

chaikwa 05-13-2013 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 3183338)
That doesn't even have anything to clean... and you've almost been fired a few times... :o

Those days are over tho, I'm indispensable now!

Mornin' all. Not feelin' the love this morning!

Monday, May 13th.

1607 - Jamestown, Virginia, was settled as a colony of England.

1648 - Margaret Jones of Plymouth was found guilty of witchcraft and was sentenced to be hanged by the neck.

1846 - The U.S. declared that war already existed with Mexico.

1861 - Britain declared its neutrality in the American Civil War.

1864 - The Battle of Resaca commenced as Union General Sherman fought towards Atlanta during the American Civil War.

1865 - The last land engagement of the American Civil War was fought at the Battle of Palmito Ranch in far south Texas, more than a month after Gen. Lee's surrender at Appomattox, VA.

1867 - Confederate President Jefferson Davis became a free man after spending two years in prison for his role in the American Civil War.

1913 - Igor Sikorsky flew the first four engine aircraft.

1968 - Peace talks between the U.S. and North Vietnam began in Paris.

1981 - Pope John Paul II was shot and seriously wounded in St. Peter's Square by Turkish assailant Mehmet Ali Agca.

1985 - A confrontation between Philadelphia authorities and the radical group MOVE ended as police dropped an explosive onto the group's headquarters. 11 people died in the fire that resulted.

Today's thought:
You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

chaikwa 05-13-2013 07:10 PM

You've got to be kidding me! NO ONE has been in here all dang day??? There's white fuzz floating on top of the c0ffee! And I think I just saw the ph00 m0ve. :o

j_martin 05-13-2013 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 3183445)
You've got to be kidding me! NO ONE has been in here all dang day??? There's white fuzz floating on top of the c0ffee! And I think I just saw the ph00 m0ve. :o

Sorry you've been so lonely. Some of us work for a living.

Shook the fuzz off, grabbed a cuppa. About 10 hours strong.. oughta do it.

madhat 05-13-2013 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 3183350)
Mornin' all. Not feelin' the love this morning!

We keep you around to abuse.

The thought of the day was lame too. I still care about you, though, buddy.

Evenin. Got rid of the in laws, for the love of pete that crap ain't happenin again for another year... at least!

Still living the good life... finally got the peg board up in the garage, that was good to me. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get all the tools up! :)

chaikwa 05-13-2013 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 3183459)
We keep you around to abuse.

Seems to be the general theme with me lately. Go ahead, abuse me, I'm used to it!

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 3183459)
The thought of the day was lame too.

It was next on the list. When we get to 'I think, therefore I am', you'll know it's the end of that list!

NE frmhnd 05-14-2013 02:07 AM

14 1/2 hour days today and Saturday, and I didn't get to town yesterday, so I had to go get some groceries tonight. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to suck. Did get that pivot planted today though.

PistolWhipt 05-14-2013 05:45 AM

Mornin' y'all and yun's,

Sure been some gorgeous weather around these parts lately .... I love this time of year. All except for the snakes. Came home last week to find a little coral snake stretched out on my front porch by the door. I'm glad my kids or dogs didn't find it first.

Coffee smells pretty good ...is it still the Friday batch with new water or did someone dump the urn and start over ??

4 more days to make a difference ...git after it !!

Cheers,
PISTOL

Tallguy67 05-14-2013 07:48 AM

Good morning all y'all. Just doing a quick driveby for a cup of Joe and a donught before the day gets going. Please send some rain up this way before Alberta just turns into cinder. It is so dry I am afraid to just say the word fire outside. Luckily the fields around my house were all cut short last year so even if we do have a problem, it should be easily controllable before it gets near the house or barn.
Have a safe day everyone.

Scotty 05-14-2013 01:38 PM

Windy dry and dusty here. What a change from a wk ago.
Still werkin on the truck...between shifts naps and interruptions.

[coffee]

twichit 05-14-2013 07:56 PM

chilly here ..listening to my sinfull rockabilly music ...again .....ah i dont know how i listen to the radio in the trucks anymore.. no soul anymore...

NE frmhnd 05-14-2013 08:45 PM

Didn't work too lat tonight. Went to air up the tires on my fertilizer truck, ended up taking it to town to get one replaced. I couldn't believe how well the Dayton wheels and split rims came apart/went together, and how nicely the bead seated on the 3-piece rims.

The last time this truck was in town was 3-4 years ago, getting a motor swap. And a hail storm took out my passenger mirror, and I don't think any lights work except the left headlight, at least consistently.

Aw, CARP!! Left my beer in the freezer too long!

twichit 05-14-2013 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd (Post 3183640)
Didn't work too lat tonight. Went to air up the tires on my fertilizer truck, ended up taking it to town to get one replaced. I couldn't believe how well the Dayton wheels and split rims came apart/went together, and how nicely the bead seated on the 3-piece rims.

The last time this truck was in town was 3-4 years ago, getting a motor swap. And a hail storm took out my passenger mirror, and I don't think any lights work except the left headlight, at least consistently.

sounds like my 88 wd-150..no brakes. clutch throw out when it wanted..iffy lights. body held in place with tie down straps ..but boy it would burn those rear tires without a second thought:peel:....blakes got some pictures of it....

jhenson 05-14-2013 10:12 PM

Gettin ready to go to work.....yep, kinda bass akwards from most folks routine but it is what it is.....hey, at least it's my Friday.[guitar] Better go pull my boots up and head out. Ya'll have a goodun. I'll check back in here in the morning....hopefully our abused and misunderstood janitor will have some bacon and eggs whooped up.[laugh]

Later.

chaikwa 05-15-2013 05:59 AM

Mornin'.

It's Wednesday, May 15th.

1602 - Cape Cod was discovered by Bartholomew Gosnold.

1618 - Johannes Kepler discovered his harmonics law.

1862 - The U.S. Congress created the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

1911 - The U.S. Supreme Court ordered the dissolution of Standard Oil Company, ruling it was in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act.

1916 - U.S. Marines landed in Santo Domingo to quell civil disorder.

1930 - Ellen Church became the first airline stewardess.

1940 - Nylon stockings went on sale for the first time in the U.S.

1942 - Gasoline rationing began in the U.S. The limit was 3 gallons a week for nonessential vehicles.

1951 - AT&T became the first corporation to have one million stockholders.

1957 - Britain dropped its first hydrogen bomb on Christmas Island in the Pacific Ocean.

1970 - U.S. President Nixon appointed America's first two female generals.

1970 - Phillip Lafayette Gibbs and James Earl Green, two black students at Jackson State University in Mississippi, were killed when police opened fire during student protests.

1972 - Alabama Gov. George C. Wallace was shot by Arthur Bremer in Laurel, MD while campaigning for the U.S. presidency. Wallace was paralyzed by the shot.

1975 - The merchant ship U.S. Mayaguez was recaptured from Cambodia's Khmer Rouge.

1988 - The Soviet Union began their withdrawal of its 115,000 troops from Afghanistan. Soviet forces had been there for more than eight years.

Today's thought:
Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow. Every job is a self portrait of the person who did it ... Autograph your work with excellence.

And my autograph today shall be my Masterpiece Coffee! The ph00 pot is still fuzzy... I ain't touchin' it!