Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   ****BREAKROOM, 05/12 to 05/18**** (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/%2A%2A%2A%2Abreakroom-05-12-05-18%2A%2A%2A%2A-312020/)

chaikwa 05-12-2013 06:11 AM

****BREAKROOM, 05/12 to 05/18****

Morning all.

Sunday, May 12th.

Don't forget it's Mother's Day!

1780 - Charleston, South Carolina fell to British forces.

1831 - Edward Smith became the first indicted bank robber in the U.S.

1847 - William Clayton invented the odometer.

1870 - Manitoba entered the Confederation as a Canadian province.

1885 - In the Battle of Batoche, French Canadians rebelled against the Canadian government.

1932 - The infant body of Charles and Anna Lindbergh's son was found just a few miles from the Lindbergh home near Hopewell, NJ.

1940 - The Nazi conquest of France began with the German army crossing Muese River.

1942 - The Soviet Army launched its first major offensive of World War II and took Kharkov in the eastern Ukraine from the German army.

1943 - The Axis forces in North Africa surrendered during World War II.

1992 - Four suspects were arrested in the beating of trucker Reginald Denny at the start of the Los Angeles riots.

2003 - In Texas, fifty-nine Democratic lawmakers went into hiding over a dispute with Republican's over a congressional redistricting plan. Why does this sound typical?

Today's thought:
All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother. Considering I'm a lowly janitor on an internet page, I'm sure she's REAL proud. :rolleyes:

C0ffee is ready and there's a special ph00 for all you mothers!

chaikwa 05-12-2013 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 54319

Scotty 05-12-2013 08:39 AM

Very nice cake!

Mother's Day is kind of a mixed bag of feelings for me. There's been struggles within my family and within myself when it comes to my mom. When I finished High School I stayed at a friend's place for almost 2 yrs and felt I had a real mom with his mom then I ever did at home.
A difficult situation. :(
I Pray for my Mom and I ask for a friendship often. So much betrayal and breech of trust its hard to accept.

Here's to the Mother's in your world! [coffee]

chaikwa 05-12-2013 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3183151)
Very nice cake!

That's what I thought too, but she wasn't impressed!

NE frmhnd 05-12-2013 09:51 AM

Good Morning Mark and Scott and fellow/fellowette DTRonians.
I had a dream today is Friday and I had a pick up at 7 but slept in. There where lots of calls from work on my cell phone.
As soon as I woke up I grabbed my phone amd checked. No calls. Whew! That felt strange.
Last year when we were fixing fence, Corry came to work and check the whitferd's rear fender where he had backed up too far with the little flatbed trailer we were using and tore up the fender and popped the truck tire the night before, in a dream.

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3183151)
Very nice cake!

Mother's Day is kind of a mixed bag of feelings for me. There's been struggles within my family and within myself when it comes to my mom. When I finished High School I stayed at a friend's place for almost 2 yrs and felt I had a real mom with his mom then I ever did at home.
A difficult situation. :(
I Pray for my Mom and I ask for a friendship often. So much betrayal and breech of trust its hard to accept.

Here's to the Mother's in your world! [coffee]

My mom wouldn't see the humor in that cake, I probably would have ended up wearing it.
She won't be hearing from me this year.
Again.
Do gotta call me grandmas.

Cat's front legs aren't solidly attached to the rest of their skeleton. That tight fitting thing they put on him probably squeezed his shoulders so that he couldn't move his front legs.

Finally got started planting corn. Corry's got to be back Lincoln ways for a couple days so I am running his planter. I got in that magnum and got going, and WOW! It sure is quieter than that "sound-guard" (yeah, right!) cab on the 4840 I've planted with the last 2 years. Also seemed odd running out of seed in all 12 rows at once (my 16 row has 6 rows hat don't plant at the right rate) and only filling fertilizer twice to plant an entire 1/4-section. Would have taken 4 fills with the small tanks on the 4840.

Should be able to get the rest of the parts for the Dodge this month. Lack of sleep sucks but the paycheck sure is nice, when you have 50 hours in and another 2 days to work til payday.

Totallyrad 05-12-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 3183157)
That's what I thought too, but she wasn't impressed!

Could be your age Scott. She might be if you were still 4. At 54, not so much.[laugh]

Morning all and Happy Mother's Day to the moms out there. It's a beautiful morning here. I walked the 2 blocks to the WH for breakfast again this morning. It's a real shame we'll not get to work today.:(

Hvytrkmech 05-12-2013 10:04 AM

Morning folks. That sponge cake looks better than the donuts and stuff Scott usually leaves out! Probably tastes better too! [laugh]

Doing a brake job, LOF, shocks and a steering stabilizer on my daughters jeep today. Happy mothers day to her. [laugh] Then all the girls are heading out to there favorite winery. That ought to be good. [laugh]

Happy Mothers day to all the Moms..

chaikwa 05-12-2013 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 3183161)
Could be your age Scott. She might be if you were still 4. At 54, not so much.[laugh]

I'm not 54!

Totallyrad 05-12-2013 10:06 AM

Tim, around my house all we need is some cheese. The moms whine enough already.[laugh]

chaikwa 05-12-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech (Post 3183166)
That sponge cake looks better than the donuts and stuff Scott usually leaves out! Probably tastes better too!

Well of course! I made it myself!

cougar 05-12-2013 10:52 AM

Mornin y'all. Say happy mothers day to your moms for me, I don't have one anymore.
I desperately want out of aviation. Thinking about heavy equipment.

NE frmhnd 05-12-2013 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 3183161)

A girl came skipping home from school one day. "Mommy, Mommy," she yelled, "we were counting today, and all the other kids could only count to four, but I counted to 10. See? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" "Very good," said her mother. "Is it because I'm blonde?" the girl said. "Yes, it's because you're blonde," said the mommy. The next day the girl came skipping home from school. "Mommy, Mommy," she yelled, "we were saying the alphabet today, and all the other kids could only say it to D, but I said it to G. See? A, B, C, D, E, F, G!" "Very good," said her mother. "Is it because I'm blonde, Mommy?" "Yes, it's because you're blonde." The next day the girl came skipping home from school. Mommy, Mommy," she yelled, "we were in gym class today, and when we showered, all the other girls had flat chests, but I have these!" And she lifted her tank top to reveal a pair of 36Cs. "Very good," said her embarrassed mother. "Is it because I'm blonde, mommy?" "No Honey, it's because you're 24."

PistolWhipt 05-12-2013 05:18 PM

Mom's Day ....that's always a fun holiday around here. I've got a hell of a wife who makes things interesting trying to celebrate.

Happy Mom's Day to all on the DTR who fit the billet !!

Oldest son called me yesterday from the airport in Indy .... Bumped into Gene Simmons. I asked if he talked to Gene ... "Dad, I'm so embarrassed ....the best I could come up with was "I really like what you do" !!" Haaaaa

Cheers,
PISTOL

Totallyrad 05-12-2013 09:14 PM

Got to love kids Pistol, they say the darnedest things. Even the older ones.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Chrisreyn 05-12-2013 11:10 PM

Scott, THE BOSS wants the recipe for that cake...:banging:

Hope all you "mothers" out there had a good day..
ever notice that the targeted crowd of that word "mothers" can change drastically depending on the inflection of the word???[tapdshut][laugh]

have a good night all, I'mbed-bound!