Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   *****Diesel Sippers BREAKROOM Aug 26th-SEPT 1st 2007***** (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Adiesel-sippers-breakroom-aug-26th-sept-1st-2007%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-166439/)

Justwannabeme 08-25-2007 11:16 PM

*****Diesel Sippers BREAKROOM Aug 26th-SEPT 1st 2007*****

WELCOME ALL! Coffee's ON! Nasty stuff in back; flavored foo near the sink.

Janitor gets grumpy if you insult his coffee (feel free, he's not here)

anything pink and sprinkly belongs to TOP (He's always around, no touch)

Intelligent conversation belongs to MEXSTAN

Airplane stuff to GEICO, Left Coast stuff to NWDave, techy stuff to HOTDRAM, ethics/legal issues to JWBM, law enforcement to TotallyRad and ChrisR (be careful, they know where you live!)

Talk about current events, your daily doings, school or job stuff-
this here is the gathering place for all things interesting to DTR members!

Breakfast usually belongs to CIN, but has this week off!

Sooo pancakes, home made syrup, spanish omlets, grilled sausage and
home fries available after 4AM........[coffee]

DodgeCowboy 08-25-2007 11:50 PM

No mention of hot coffee wet sage brush and the smell of juniper on a cool morning with the smell of horses in the air how can you even come close to beating that old corrals n sage brush and cowcamps

dieselfuelonly 08-26-2007 12:04 AM

Mornin' all.

I'm off to bed now.

Totallyrad 08-26-2007 03:21 AM

Morning all.

Shovelhead 08-26-2007 05:40 AM

Goooooood Morning Campers. :D

Lots o rain last evening.
Hope it cuts the humididididity levels for today.
'Sposed to be in the 90s for one more day before dropping all the way into the 80s. [laugh]

Coffee on the nightstand as Wifey is already up and gone to work.
No Scrapple-n-egg sammiches though. :(

Y'all enjoy what's left of the weekend & stay safe.
[coffee]

Mexstan 08-26-2007 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme (Post 1664876)

Intelligent conversation belongs to MEXSTAN

Good morning to all. Now I am wondering, have I been insulted or is this a compliment?????? As it is a new day down here in Paradise will assume (y'all know what that means) that it is a compliment. Thank you. Now where do I find someone to have an intelligent conversation with?[laugh]
Still too dark to see if it is going to be a nice day weather wise, but as every day is nice, guess we are going to have another beuuuutiful day.
Afraid of the so-called 'coffee', so going down to make my own.
After church we will pick up some friends and go to one of the nice local hotels for brunch. Many of you still have to experience how enjoyable it is to sit on the hotel patio or on the grass outside in the shade and enjoy the large brunch spread the hotels here put out. So come on down and enjoy it. Pigging out is optional. I opt to pig out. Oink, oink.

NWDave 08-26-2007 07:56 AM

Left coast checking in. Earlier than I wanted but, oh well, the odor of coffee is compulsive. Wet in places, not in others. Gee, I could a get job as a Weather quesser. Gotta pass on the heavy breakfast. Doctor's always on my case and he wouldn't be pleased if I said "But, MexStan said to come on down and try it out".

~Dave

dssimecek 08-26-2007 08:07 AM

Mornin' all,

Hot, and chance of rain and Tstorms today. Still catching up from being gone for a few days. Haven't got the pix in gallery yet. Maybe I'll learn how to do it as thumbnails.
Wannabe, good breakfast and [coffee] Yum. Thanks

Going to my sisters pool party for one of her son's 40+ b'day, taking the grandkidletts, wife will prolly have to stay here and do school work. Waaaaay behind after the vacation. Up to 0330 today,[yuk]
Looking to see if Shovehead put up a motovation poster I can show her,[laugh]

Daughter might be buying a house if it goes thru, I be checking on hi speed internet, phone, cable etc wheeeew, lot of confusing plans etc.

Anybody doing geocaching with their GPS? Cousin's daughter gave me the info on it.
http://www.geocaching.com/about/
looks fun and easy, close by, and I can take the kidletts. And the price is right. [laugh]

Have a good un and be safe out there.

Shovelhead 08-26-2007 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by dssimecek (Post 1665042)
Looking to see if Shovehead put up a motovation poster I can show her,[laugh]

Howze this one?...........

http://www.headgear.org/~cloyce/moto.../potential.jpg

XLR8R 08-26-2007 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 1665022)
Good morning to all. Now I am wondering, have I been insulted or is this a compliment??????

Perhaps it was mere hyperbole...

madhat 08-26-2007 08:48 AM

Mornin, fellow DTRonians! Got to sleep in a little, got up at 8, then I was lazy for an hour or so... Still need a nap. I'm tryin not to count down the days, but I'm about to start the countdown clock....
Goin to work in a bit, duty tonight. Everyone have a good week.

dssimecek 08-26-2007 09:23 AM

Need more[coffee]

http://www.headgear.org/~cloyce/moto.../potential.jpg

Thanks Ed, that will help.[laugh]

CountdownHat, Some times time flies when your having fun. Other times, it stops.

NWDave, Just open the door, and you can find the wetter weather up there. Changes often, the convergence zone is always good for interesting weather.
Enjoy your weekend.

Got a few pix in the gallery, some did not go in, but suspect operator error.[laugh]

Have a good un and be safe out there.

l jobb 08-26-2007 09:37 AM

Mornin everyone.

Very calm and lots of fog this AM. Looking forward to a relaxing day.

Nice thread starter Heidi.

Have a great day, have fun and drive safe.

old dog 08-26-2007 09:42 AM

Morning ye`all ,Wating to hear from the janitor, must have been more storm damage than got reported in his area, :( sorry to hear that !
Weather bureau originally said 2 tornadoes in Fenton area now they are trying to figure out if there were 3 or 5 , GLAD I DONT LIVE DOWN THERE ANY MORE,BUT FEEL BAD FOR FRIENDS THAT DO.
DON(RED LEG) HAS BEEN OFF GETTING SOME ONE ELSE MARRIED THIS WEEKEND(ONE OF THESE DAYS THEY ARE ALL GOING TO GET EAVEN WITH HIM AND GET HIM MARRIED OFF) BETTER BE WATCHFUL DON!!!!
TEA IS GREAT THIS MORNING , KINDA LOOKS LIKE SWAMP WATTER !![coffee]
WHO IS IN CHARGE OF CLEAN UP SINCE THE JANITOR IS OFF ? EMPTY CUPS EVERYWHERE ,ASH TRAYS ARE FULL , SPRINKLES ALL OVER WHAT A MESS !!!
SCOTT IS GOING TO THROW A HISSY !!!!!! AND WHO EVER USED THE TOOLS DIDNT PUT THEM AWAY OR WIPE THEM OFF [nonono] IT`S GOING TO TAKE SCOTT A WEEK TO GET THIS PLACE CLEANED UP.
CLAUDE[coffee]:cool:

Justwannabeme 08-26-2007 10:20 AM

A Woman's work is never done.......

gripe gripe gripe If you see it, pick it up!

not touching anyone's tool........:o hey I'm five foot, why do think my mind's always in the gutter?

MEXSTAN, pure admiration for ya pal! love to hear of what you do and paradise ! and conversation other than coffee too!

REDLEG, we will form a roadblock to getting hitched, bad habit man.....

So Glad to hear from all the best in DTR land!!! smelling sage and coffee myself Dodgecowboy Jason, in a week I'll be in the mountains of nevada watching the wild mustangs and having no other thoughts. If I find gold I'll share...

CIN'S DODGE 08-26-2007 10:44 AM

Hey thanks Heidi! Here is a little present going up in the Air for yall.Chocolate covered Raisins,pecans,almonds,peanuts ,cashews,cherries,and solid chocolate bites.

Leevi is doing well still waiting for the bone marrow test.Still crossing fingers.
Hat,how's your grandpa?
Dinner is gonna be Ribs and Smoked Chicken,pasta salad and your preference of drinks.Have a goodun!Enjoy!Cin and the family

DodgeCowboy 08-26-2007 11:05 AM

Coffees on weather is turning nasty going to head to to town pick up a few cases of oil filters and finishing winterizing the excavators and the wheat trucks, and I think I am going to take the front receiver off my truck then I gotta stop at the store and get some soda and some java monsters [guitar] have a safe weekend guys

hobbz 08-26-2007 11:15 AM

morning yall'

been up since 7am. I just got home from one of the worst rounds of golf i have played. i had maybe 3 good drives out of 18 holes.

Fronty Owner 08-26-2007 11:34 AM

morning all

DodgeCowboy 08-26-2007 11:45 AM

[guitar]Just got word that the silversmith that is making my buckle for my birthday has just finished and is going to send me some photos of it when he gets back from church man I can't wait Ill post some if yalls interested. [guitar]

Totallyrad 08-26-2007 01:16 PM

Post up those pics DC, inquiring minds want to know.

Mexstan 08-26-2007 03:02 PM

Just waddled in from a stupendous brunch. When am I going to learn not to eat more than twice what I need at a buffet? I must be slow learner! Love these large Mexican buffets.
After the brunch we wondered down to one of the many 'squares' here in Mexico. Today is the day of the frogs. Didn't even know that Mexico had a day of the frogs until today. The square was full of large frogs all decorated up to suit the imagination of the artist. Apparently the city hands out fiberglass frogs to whomever wants to compete in this annual festival and they modify or decorate the frogs as they want to. Each frog is about three feet long. Must say that some of the artists had a wild imagination. Very interesting and colorful. Did you know that the frog was a symbol of good luck?
All in all another wonderful day here in Paradise. Going to wash the cars as soon as it cools off a bit and see if I can make it rain. Maybe a nap is in order first to digest eliminate some of my gluttony and get some ambition.

FiverBob 08-26-2007 05:25 PM

Goodaye all, you too GluttonStan. You know better than that, but I have been there, done that, came back home. YEH. :o[laugh]

Heidi is in the kitchen - - WOW, bout time things got back a little to normal - - smells wonderful in here - - oh, wait a minute, I think that is my after shave. Thanks girlie - - keep up the good work.

We pigged out after church too - - shame - - but it was all good stuff, nothing that my doc would have a bird over. Soooo, I am guilt free. :cool: Maybe I will go edit some pics and get them posted. See ya,

Bob

Justwannabeme 08-26-2007 07:23 PM

pokin' head in to see if I want to clean...

Good to see Hobbz (golf will drive you insane, but you'll jump at a free invite next time...) perfect Sunday afternoon for that!

Wish we could be there with ya STAN. It sounds just beautiful same way, for a Sunday afternoon. Fiverbob is paying........

DC heck yeah, pics when ya can. wheat trucks and excavators, a heck of a mix of work there! still shakin' from the pics of your wildland fire over your truck and home....keep living the dream! [coffee]here's tack room strong!

fixed kids toys today. every once in a while the neighbors drop off unwanted toys. (after we play with them) we find good homes. Fixed a power wheels CAT dump truck- put a 12 volt in it and unscrewed the limiter from the drive gears. it flew my 230 pound husband across the gravel driveway at 7 mph and was still spinning. if we wrap the wheels with an inner tube, get more traction- whoa it's for the kids! easy there....
been after some distant folks to part with the unused, old (big!) toy tug boat.
helped a friend out by spending some quality time and picnic dinner with him and went across the street for one last chance.... they gave it to me!
already washed, assembled, spray foamed for bouyancy and stability, little coiled rope and American flag. just waiting to put it in my pond... husband laughed, 5.5 foot by four feet, room for two I yelled back.
ahhhh Sunday afternoons!

all the good guys have a positive work day tomorrow- good luck to our college fellas Dually and JBark plus!

Justwannabeme 08-26-2007 07:33 PM

Hey Fronty!

Where are you now anyways?!

CIN! crossed fingers up North for ya...

DodgeCowboy 08-26-2007 09:27 PM

http://photos-239.ll.facebook.com/ph...23094_7431.jpg

old dog 08-26-2007 09:54 PM

Beautiful work !!!!! he is a real craftsman ,
thats a dress up buckle , not for every day .[nonono]
Claude[coffee]

Totallyrad 08-26-2007 09:54 PM

That's sweet DC! Looks like you're getting a quality piece.

DodgeCowboy 08-26-2007 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by old dog (Post 1666103)
Beautiful work !!!!! he is a real craftsman ,
thats a dress up buckle , not for every day .[nonono]
Claude[coffee]

Naw thats my every day I had it made to hold up to hard work in the saddle [guitar]

Chrisreyn 08-27-2007 12:55 AM

"evening/early mornign , what ever it is........
[coffee]is old, thick and stale......perfect!! been a long day and I need somethign a little on teh strong side.

have mare in for training, 6yr old registered paint, about 14.3 hands and overweight by about almost 200 hundred lbs or so. Owner is a newbie to horses, real sweet gal tho, and is killing this horse with kindness...
at any rate, she was having problems with the horse "bucking" and jumping all over her when she would try to lead it. Wouldnt stand still for the farrier and generally was difficult for her to control.

I have found that the mare is a dream to work with on teh ground, no vices or bad habits at all, but she has an injury that is hurting her when she is saddled. She has a bad LF leg, and after being ridden even at a walk for about an hour, will start pulling up and is in obvious pain. I beleive this is why the gal was having problems with her "bucking"( she hasnt bucked at all, just a few crow-hops when she gets to hurting)...
So at any rate, I had the owner come out to day, and broke the news to her about the problem, had her watch me ride the mare and see for herself as the mare began halt-stepping and not wanting to turn where it would put her weight on the LF leg. Upon palapation to the upper shoulder, the mare shows obvious discomfort and resistance.
The gal started crying and was sobbing like a family memebr had died or something. Big time over reaction, i mean, it could just be a torn muscle or tendon, and will heal, although I do beleive it is a deeper problem, but why act that way untill she gets it to a vet and maybe has some radiographs or a sonagram done and find out?????I mean I was embarrassed for her, and felt bad, but she is paying me to be honest with her....the horse is effected enough that is putting her off balance and that could make for a bad situation in a trail horse, particularly with a novice rider. But at any rate, that took most of the morning, didnt get to bed till afternoon, and about 1400 had another client show up asking about her gelding. long and short of it is I got about 2 hours sleep all day, and have scheduled delivering a mare we sold tomorrow mornign at 0900..... so someone keep that coffee pot going, and make it strong!! anyone here know how to start an IV???????

pocketsaregettingcaughtundermyboots............... ......CD

BTW DC very very nice!!

madhat 08-27-2007 02:59 AM

Mornin, all. Brew's on. Foo, too. Nice buckle, DC.

Bout to take the platoon to the pit... lights are about to come on. Rapell tower today... See ya'll in a bit...

madhat 08-27-2007 03:17 AM

Ahhh... I feel better now... that I have put sand in ~80 buttcracks. Recruits don't want to do what I say? They can have sand in cracks and crevices all day. Fine by me:)

Hey, Chris, I actually do know how to start an IV... Worked up at medical for a while, some of that stuff rubbs off on you. Only problem is, when you put the janitor's/Madhat coffee in one of them, they burst open about 5 minutes after you get it open, and scald the heck out of yourself. I've been working on a stainless steel system, or just hook a hose up to an urn...

I know how you feel with no sleep, buddy. Hang in there.

Goin to chow...

Chrisreyn 08-27-2007 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 1666383)
Ahhh... I feel better now... that I have put sand in ~80 buttcracks. :)

Hat, you just dont know how wrong that sounds!!!![laugh][laugh][coffee]

madhat 08-27-2007 03:23 AM

That's the fun part...

Chrisreyn 08-27-2007 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 1666388)
That's the fun part...

I can only imagine!! Sounds like your back to your chipper self tho, thats good..
Go give 'em h.....heck SSGT!...hooooorah...

Redleg 08-27-2007 06:25 AM

Back to the real world now. I think I made up the cost of gas to Detroit in alcohol consumption. The food was pretty good too. I think all the cheesecake I ate saved me from a hangover. Probably one of the best wedding I've been to. It lasted all of 5 minutes in the garden of the convention center, then we walked right into the chow line.

Good coffee. I see somebody got to the dounts already, without even chiming in here. And for you match makers out there, she better know how to clean fish....that'll keep them busy for a while

Chrisreyn 08-27-2007 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Redleg (Post 1666429)
......... And for you match makers out there, she better know how to clean fish....that'll keep them busy for a while

Hmm, got a line on one for ya that not only will clean tehm, but chews blubber too........[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Justwannabeme 08-27-2007 06:52 AM

morning morning

okay, I am out the door! quick clean up and checking da nuclear pots; owee! that sure is strong!

asbestos gloves and silver mask on, (stirs pot) okay ChrisR and Madhatter- already for ya!
HAT! that's the way- heel 'em over superman!
REDLEG, good to see you found a balance and still came home single...heheh she better be simple pretty and a solid friend. teach her to clean fish, pal.

Chrisr , man you are a busy guy- it sounds fun though.
Dodge Cowboy- really nice work for the everyday use. did you like that country song (three crosses) PM me if ya want to explain...

Amish tea for me- got to find out what they put in there for this energy boost. Plate of low fat bear claws, baked , not fried and use of maple sugar here in the Indian Nations, Amish/Mennonite/migrant farm worker/ welfare gimme peoples.[coffee]

no word from CHAIKWA but I think he's avoiding his duties here under the guise of "I'm Busy with generators".....

Heidi off to make some people divorced

Justwannabeme 08-27-2007 06:54 AM

Careful!

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn (Post 1666439)
Hmm, got a line on one for ya that not only will clean tehm, but chews blubber too........[laugh][laugh][laugh]

no teeth might be fun too...[nonono][laugh]

Chrisreyn 08-27-2007 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme (Post 1666446)
no teeth might be fun too...[nonono][laugh]

What??? she was suppossed to have teeth??? oh yea and I supposse you think she should have both eyes too........