Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Off Road / 4x4 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/off-road-4x4-111/)
-   -   BFG Mud Terrains (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/off-road-4x4-111/bfg-mud-terrains-87469/)

graphitecumnz 01-18-2006 05:59 PM

Just so everyone knows, I've been running them now for 2 weeks and couldn't be happier with them. Obviously not enough time to tell on tire wear but any road noise they make can't be heard over the truck anyhow. They definitely set the truck off as far as appearance. No vibration problem, balanced with Equal balancing powder. The only thing I've noticed is that they really grip the road when turning.

mikmaze 01-18-2006 06:06 PM

since you got them did you check the presure? Are they set to what you want them to be or what some tire jockey put in them? grabbin when you turn sounds like the fronts are a bit low, easy to check now and a pain later on if they were low for too long.

HOHN 01-18-2006 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by mkinla
I've been into 4x4 for close to 20 years and the BFG mud tires are the best all around tire. I've had them in 31's 33's and 35's same result everytime...

Great tire, anyone that says anything different didn't have an aligned truck, wrong psi, or is simply full of crap...

HA! I'll put the TOYO M/Ts against the BFGs anyday, any time, any terrain.

The Toyos have survived terrain that turned BFGs into Taco meat.

Toyo has run the Baja 1000 without a single flat. NO BFG CAN SAY THAT.

jmo

graphitecumnz 01-18-2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
since you got them did you check the presure? Are they set to what you want them to be or what some tire jockey put in them? grabbin when you turn sounds like the fronts are a bit low, easy to check now and a pain later on if they were low for too long.

Fronts aren't low, I had 55 psi put in during very cold weather... just have much more side grip than I'm used too.

and I have plenty of power steering fluid, filled it at Christmas.

ridofpwrstroke 01-19-2006 12:27 PM

I run 315 bfg a/t's in the summer and 315 bfg m/t in the winter. I got the bfg mt's for real cheap. I am talking 80 bucks a piece cheap. I put 3 studs in each lug and had them siped. They work great in deep snow and in hardpack. I found them to wear twice as fast as the all terrains. Not many times up here in the winter that you actually see the pavement so they will hopefully last 4-5 years. I like how the m/t's look, but if I had to run em in the summer, they would be my last set. The a/t's dont look as good, but they have more longevity, lower price, less noise, and better highway manners. Buy whatever you like. Its your money. Looks arent everthing.

zeek 01-21-2006 06:27 PM

BFGs

What are you talking about HOHN, we've been racing Baja for years and BFG is the only race proven tire down there with more overall wins then any other tire companies combined.