NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Private Track Day at Coastal Plains Sept. 24th

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private Track Day at Coastal Plains Sept. 24th

I will be getting married on September 25th and instead of the "typical" bachelor party I am renting Coastal Plains from 3 PM until dark on Thrusday September 24th. I know it's early for people getting off work on a Thursday but it's an extra $500 if they have to turn the lights on so we have to keep it before dark. We will be having a BBQ track side - since I have no idea how many people will show up it will be bring your own food, we'll have the grill going. It will be $10 for spectators to get in and $25 for anyone that wants to race - 20 trucks running is the cut off before it gets more expensive so there should not be a line at all for you to make as many passes as you want. We will likely have them leave the track dry, so no waterbox to worry about going around. If it's your first time racing your truck Winston and I will be their to coach you on staging and launching and there will be hardly anyone there for you to embarrass yourself in front of - and it's just a fun track day anyway.

This is not going to have any "typical" bachelor party activities going on so feel free to bring your girl friends, wives, and/or daughters. My step-mom will be there and all the girls may come after their bachelorette day at the spa.

If you are for sure coming or have any questions either post them here or call me - 330-442-7879
Old 09-13-2009, 07:23 PM

This is a cool idea. Wish I could go!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Man, that is a sweet deal! Wish I come...
Old 09-13-2009, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
This is a cool idea. Wish I could go!
X2

Wish i could make it!

You and Winston pulling this Saturday?

Brian
Old 09-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

We are sponsoring the mod class to help up the purse and hopefully get a better turnout than usual. Winston will be there for sure and I am going to try - I have some things to do before the wedding and we are leaving for the beachhouse (where we're getting married) on Sunday.

This track day would be a great test and tune opportunity for anyone - your last chance before the Southern Smoke Show and then Piedmont next month.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Banned

Well unfortunately yesterday I found out that my intercooler is leaking really badly - with it sealed and the air compressor running wide open in it it will only build to 20 PSI by then it is leaking just as much the air hoses can flow. I've noticed that I haven't been getting as much boost (~50-55) as when I first put the motor in (60+); and I burned up 2 bearings in the turbo and swapped center sections thinking something was out of balance or something. Anyway, long story short I can't get a new intercooler in time and have had to cancel renting the track. I apologize to anyone that had gone out of their way to make plans to be there - believe me I'm pretty upset about it myself.