NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

NC 18 at The Rock

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC 18 at The Rock

NC 18 had a very respectable showing this year at Rockingham. I want to personally thank all of our members who came out to support the NADM event sponsored by Buck's Communication.

Starting out with Unlimited Street, our own John_P finished runner up. John and his son Banshee fought tooth and nail to make the finals. John had some unusual "issues" while making his qualifying runs, but with a bit of duct tape and some NC State knowhow they patched up the Red Ram Rocket to make the finals. Congrats to John_P and Banshee, great effort guys!

Jeff Garmon of Garmon's Diesel Performance won a very close race against Jess Spruill to win Unlimited Street. Tim Barber of TRE Diesel and VA Chapter 7 placed third after mending a blown wastegate back together. Great job, guys!

Moving on to Quick Diesel and E.T. The buzz saw from High Point, Brian Buchanan won both Quick Diesel and E.T. bracket. Brian's night didn't start out the best, but with a bit of encouragement from Jeff Garmon; Brian and crew members Jerry Cummings and Jim Snyder dialed in Trusty Rusty to run a 12.1 coming off some dismal shakedown runs beginning in the 13's! I was lucky enough to eek out Third place in QD behind Ty "Mega Cab" Maitland from Highlands, NC.

Phil they call me "McMacadoo" McMasters ran steady all night in E.T. bracket to take home the third place finish. Congrats Phil!

This was one of the biggest turnouts Rockingham Dragway has had for a diesel event. Thanks to David Dunbar and everyone from NADM for putting together a great event! Hope to see everyone again at Atlanta Dragway on September 6th.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned

Mike

I want to thank everyone for there support

I hope everyone is felling better then I am

CRIS
Old 08-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned

Mike check this out
Attached Thumbnails NC 18 at The Rock-twins-008.jpg   NC 18 at The Rock-bretts-cobra-003.jpg  
Old 08-10-2008, 01:27 PM

Congrats again to everyone and it was another great time. There was def some good racing that night.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike D
Phil they call me "McMacadoo" McMasters ran steady all night in E.T. bracket to take home the third place finish. Congrats Phil!
Thanks buddy, I actually lost in the finals.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
Thanks buddy, I actually lost in the finals.
Sorry Phil. I kind of mixed up who placed where. Either way, you got a nice check for your effort! Congrats!
Old 08-10-2008, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
Sorry Phil. I kind of mixed up who placed where. Either way, you got a nice check for your effort! Congrats!
Awesome runs Phil, had a blast running with you @ the Rock!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 PM

I had a great time there and it was nice meeting some of yall. I got knocked out of the first round of quick diesel racing Brian Buchanan. Our trucks ran about the same times. He qualified a 12.25 and i qualified a 12.20. During the race, his reaction time was a little better than mine and he got out front by a hair. My time was a 12.15 @ 108 to his 12.18 @ 105. That race was all driver and reaction times. I had a blast, and i got to try a couple different things on the truck and ran my quickest time to date while i was there. Great weather too! hope to see ya guys soon!

BTW, anyone get any vids of my truck?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
As usual, I had a great time with all of my Fellow NCDTR #18 Buddies!

But, as usual, I again had some bad luck at The Rock, but thanks to my great Son and Crew Chief, Johnner (banshee) I was still able to get "into the mix" running my much respected friend, Jeff Garmon, where I got a little to "rambunctious" at the lights and "red lighted" in the first round!

But the REAL CONGRATULATIONS need to go to Brian Buchanan and Mike Dolan who made the NCDTR #18 Crew very proud. As Mike said, Brian "was on FIRE" eliminating EVERYBODY he ran against to win BOTH Quick Diesel and
E.T. Bracket!! Brian, CONGRATULATIONS Sir! You are THE MAN! And true to form, Mike D. again did very well going deep into the runs. Mike calls it "luck", I say it is more than luck to win like he has the past two years.
I also want to CONGRATULATE Phil McMaster (McMopar), although the announcer was messing his name up ALL NIGHT who did real well along with Ty Maitland (triton) who also did a great job.

Finally, my sincere thanks to David Dunbar and NADM for hosting this event for us and for Brian Buchanan and "Bucks Communication" for all the sponsorship.

--------
John_P
Old 08-10-2008, 05:17 PM

we all had a great time.i got lucky at the tree a few times.congrats to Brian B and Mike D on their 2 class domination.i am glad both John and Tim got thier trucks back up and running.thanks to Bucks for the sponsorship,NADM, and to all those who attended...
Old 08-10-2008, 05:26 PM

That was ALOT of fun!!!! It was great to see all out NC and VA members doing so well too!!

I saw big changes to alot of our guys trucks and nice numbers being laid down everywhere. I know the fans really wanted to see a few of the trucks running pro do a full 1/4 mile as fast as they were coming off the line.

Yup, gotta swap in an auto so I can go racing again. Get me another truck to tow it home when it breaks.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by king d
we all had a great time.i got lucky at the tree a few times.congrats to Brian B and Mike D on their 2 class domination.i am glad both John and Tim got thier trucks back up and running.thanks to Bucks for the sponsorship,NADM, and to all those who attended...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jess:

It was great to see you and Buck again and I was happy you were able to make it to the race! And I gotta tell you,......"That truck of yours RUNS GREAT Jess!" Good job!

--------
John
Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
That was ALOT of fun!!!! It was great to see all out NC and VA members doing so well too!!

I saw big changes to alot of our guys trucks and nice numbers being laid down everywhere. I know the fans really wanted to see a few of the trucks running pro do a full 1/4 mile as fast as they were coming off the line.

Yup, gotta swap in an auto so I can go racing again. Get me another truck to tow it home when it breaks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keegan:

You got the right idea on "getting another truck to tow it home when it breaks!" That's why I have two and doggone if I almost didn't need it again at The Rock!

------
John
Old 08-10-2008, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS

I thought that was my job LOL
Old 08-10-2008, 07:19 PM

Great Event is all I can say. If you missed this one, you missed a great one. There were more diesels running than anything else and that is truely a treat.

I need to take my hat off to Buck's Communication for sponsoring the event and to David Dunbar and the NADM for an awesome diesel drag race. Congrats to all who had a hand in making this event happen.

There were some really nice trucks, some really fast trucks, and some really nice, fast trucks!

It was good to see a lot of familiar faces in the money. Congrats to everyone! Well done!

BTW, I've got a decent amount of video that I'll get to Keegan for him to do his editing magic to. Keegan, can you pm me your address to mail you a disk?
Thanks man, Matt

Quick Reply: NC 18 at The Rock