NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Convoy to Rockingham

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convoy to Rockingham

Ok,

Lets start planning this. I know JP is leading the way, so I will leave the 5 w's up to him. But we need to get the word out so everyone knows where to be.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Thanks for posting this up Nate!

My plan is to leave from the "Hess Gas Station" in Holly Ridge at about 12:30 P.M. Saturday morning. That "Hess Station" is located right on Highway 17, right in the middle of Holly Ridge. Our group has met there before. Cris S. (masonic_dodge) and Dan (zuki-dan) are going to meet me there and anyone else that wants to "caravan" down with us is welcome to come! I am going to be towing my 1996 Dodge CTD on the trailer with my 2006 Dodge CTD CR, so you guys don't have to worry about "leaving you in the dust" this time! I am bringing the trailer because our group (mainly Mike D. and I) have some bad luck in the past at the Rock and if someone does break, we can get them home. Mike D. said that Brian (bbuchanan) is also bringing his trailer, so we should be covered on that. As always, I am also bringing my toolbox, a floorjack, a creeper and a few other things for maintenance on our vehicles in case we need them.

I talked with Mike D. yesterday and he wants us all to meet for lunch there in Rockingham before we head out to the drag strip.

Looking forward to this event. The weather is also supposed to be nice which for our group is a PLUS!!

---------
John_P
Old 08-06-2008, 07:18 AM

Good luck guys!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by iracemx6
Good luck guys!!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean that you are NOT coming down there with us David??

Man, I was hoping to see you bring your truck down there too.

-------
John
Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 AM

Count me in. I will be bringing my cameras and a large cooler. Also have extra room in the bed of the truck if anyone gets close on running out of space.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 AM

Hey, the lunch thing sounds really good. Great Idea!!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:54 AM

I'll be coming straight down out of Raleigh on Hwy 1 if anyone wants to run with me. Probably head that way around 3ish.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean that you are NOT coming down there with us David??

Man, I was hoping to see you bring your truck down there too.

-------
John
Sorry John.....but my wife has to fly to Indiana so I will be babysitting.

It was a last minute deal
Old 08-06-2008, 03:25 PM

Its lookin like I will be able to make this one....
Old 08-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

You know I'm coming, but I'm riding shotgun in Daniels truck. I think I've got Brett talked into coming also. I know its been a long time since most of you have seen Brett so I told him it was time to come to an event.

For those members that don't know Brett, He's a great friend of ours who doesn't even own a truck and never has, but he knows as much as most of us on a cummins. He has helped John P, Daniel, Keegan and myself with our trucks. He has changed more sets of common rail injectors then I have.

The reason I'm not driving one of my trucks is because we are going to take the head off of my 03 friday night. Tim should have my new O-Ringed head for me in Rockingham That means that we will be putting the new head and a cam in my 03 sunday.

CRIS
Old 08-06-2008, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
You know I'm coming, but I'm riding shotgun in Daniels truck. I think I've got Brett talked into coming also. I know its been a long time since most of you have seen Brett so I told him it was time to come to an event.

For those members that don't know Brett, He's a great friend of ours who doesn't even own a truck and never has, but he knows as much as most of us on a cummins. He has helped John P, Daniel, Keegan and myself with our trucks. He has changed more sets of common rail injectors then I have.

The reason I'm not driving one of my trucks is because we are going to take the head off of my 03 friday night. Tim should have my new O-Ringed head for me in Rockingham That means that we will be putting the new head and a cam in my 03 sunday.

CRIS
I sure wish Brett would bring the Cobra out. I'd love to see that thing run.

Of course, there's plenty of room for him to ride up in the white whale too. Tell him we're not accepting excuses.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge

CRIS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cris:

You are indeed right,.....Brett is one heck of a good guy and he has helped ALOT of us out (including me) and has been a good friend to all of us! Glad to hear he is coming with you guys, but like Keegan, I also wish he would bring his Cobra down!

---------
John_P
Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Will be heading down 220 from just south of greensboro if any one wants to start a group from this direction.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Chapter President

Kevin, We'll be leaving around 2 pm. Give me a call when you're getting ready to leave.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Will do Im gonna try to get away around then as well depend on if anybody ends up coming down with me and what time we can get away.

Quick Reply: Convoy to Rockingham