Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Waco, TX Get Together...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boy, did I almost get in trouble!

My daughter called today to remind me that Saturday in my wifes birthday. You would think that after 27 years I would remember.

Maybe next time................
Old 12-09-2004, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant believe you'd rather celebrate your wife's birthday then come out to a dyno day. What the heck is wrong with ya?? Oh well, maybe next time...
What time is everyone planning on getting there? I know Jb is coming, but he never said what time. I'm supposed to call Eric tomorrow and let him know when to show up.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"I cant believe you'd rather celebrate your wife's birthday then come out to a dyno day. What the heck is wrong with ya??"

Very funny! I hope I'm around to see some pretty little gal lead you around by a ring in your nose! I can already hear it..........."but, but honey, why can't I go? You'll have another birthday next year."
Old 12-09-2004, 08:36 PM

Looks like another small Waco gathering in the works...haha cool.

I just hope nobody drives from far away to be here and doesn't get to dyno.

I'm taking my hot rod to the car show, and I'm going to TRY to see if I can get a scheduled time to dyno my truck, giving me enough time to run home and grab the truck. if not, no big deal, it's for sale anyway...
Old 12-10-2004, 07:54 AM

Anyone know what time this thing starts??????
I'll be there.. just need a time...
Bryan
Old 12-10-2004, 02:49 PM

I stopped in today, and picked-up a flyer...
Its says Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places... (I'm guess that means the dynoing.... ) and Door prizes...
They said they would dyno about the first 30 cars/trucks... and would start about 9:00am... I'm sure it will depend on how many times they dyno each and how long it takes to get each car/truck setup... They didn't say when they would quit...

The addrss is
3407 Memorial Dr.
Beverly Hills, TX 76711
(This will work for mapquest.)

I might have a minor conflicting trip.. I might have to be in Dallas about 8:30-9:00 that morning... but trying to work something else out.... if not I won't be there until 11....
Bryan
Old 12-10-2004, 03:45 PM

Sounds good....according to another forum they said they'll be dynoing until EVERY vehicle entered gets a chance on the dyno.

Hopefully they'll let me run home and swap out the '54 Ford for my truck so I can put it on the rollers. I'll try to roll in around 10ish I guess.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:05 PM

I hope that is the case.. the guy I talked to didn't seem to really care when I started Quizing him about the dyno....

We'll see.. I'm going to hurry back from Dallas....

Just got the pump wire soldered on.. and a bigger fuel line from the filter to the pump....
Bryan

edit...
Do I feel like a morron... had to bleed the fuel lines.. so I had the wife out grinding on the starter.. and had 3 lines loose... good fuel.. but it wouldn't hit... and started looking at the timing on the injection... "Dang.. that looks funny...".. but it was getting fuel... another 15mins.... The wife "Do you know what you're doing... 5mins.... hhhmmmm... Maybe I should look at the pump.... Dang... Maybe I should Plug IN the pump... OK, now try it... ppppprrrrrrrrrrr.... Hello....
Old 12-10-2004, 10:10 PM

HAHAH, wife grinding on the starter...

hahaha

we all have those braindead moments...
Old 12-11-2004, 05:01 AM

NeedMoPower... Give me a call in the AM....
Bryan

(Wow.. do I need a clutch... )
Old 12-11-2004, 02:04 PM

Welp....that was a lame dyno event.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:26 PM

I'll second that. You know something is not right when I have to use the "cody correction factor." LOL! I always have a good time when we get together...even if the dyno did suck. Sorry I didnt call you this morning Bryan...I just now saw the post!

Well, I just got your voice message as I was typing this. How in the heck do you do 393 and Eric and I only manage 320? I'm glad you made such a good number, but that stinks for us. Guess it's time to start looking for more fuel.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:13 PM

What... You have no faith in the OverValved?????
It was 4:10 when I got to run... 393+ The "CCF"... I thought the torque was a little low at 738..
You didn't miss much... There were two Supra's that ran good.. both had twins.. one was running in parallel.. the other in compound... Not sure how all that works in those things but they turned 373 and 384... The dirt car still hadn't ran.. and there was a drag car with a nasty SBC in it.. but I had.. had enough and we left... I got some video... I try to get it converted to MPEG...

I talked to the guy for a few mins.. I went to high school with him... They are out of Robinson.. I've got his card somewhere...
Well... I'll see if I can figure this camera thing out...
Later.
Bryan
Old 12-11-2004, 07:51 PM

I think I need to go get my money back for the comp box after this performance. 222 hp, I'm still hanging my head in shame. Lame nothing, it truely sucked. It was good to meet you guys. I look forward to doing it again.

Thanks,

Jeremy#2
Old 12-11-2004, 08:06 PM

OK the quality isn't so good on converting from Video... I got the video files.. but there's no sounds... still working on it...
Jeremy#2... I guess you should get rid of the 100Hp robbing T-converter... LOL.... (might want to check the pump wire some time too..... Just a thought... I soldered mine on last night... )
Bryan

Quick Reply: Waco, TX Get Together...