Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Waco Get Together Time Again

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if were goin to brians Ive got a couple of things to get done. Kdp (still) and my timing i can probably round up a timing kit unless some one has one that I could use.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guy with a white stock 02 followed me home after being behind me at a red light. Guess I blew some smoke and he saw my exhaust and had heard about bombing. We spoke for about 1/2 hr and he was interested in coming to a meeting "as long as there wasn't a 12 step program".

If more than one Okie is allowed out of the state at the same time...I'll bring him along....that's the 11th, right?

I'm working on a personal group buy for 2" front end leveling kits (for any 94-05 4x4). Anyone interested?

Would also like to talk to anyone that has Sylyania WhiteStar bulbs installed. I bgt some at the end of last winter but could not get the suckers in by the method described in the Service Manual! Who knows another way and can show me at Bryans...if he says we can use his place?

Rowland
Old 11-28-2005, 05:13 PM

Gonna see if I can make it. Might see if I can truck-pool with someone from up here.

Rowland,
I had Sylvania SilverStar bulbs in my truck about 2 years ago. Don't remember having too hard of a time getting them in. Are you sure you are greasing them up with enough cuss words?

(Side note, wasn't impressed with the SilverStars, looking at them while they were on, they looked whiter, but while driving with them on, I couldn't see much of a difference. Haven't heard of the WhiteStars, are they new?)

~Rob
Old 11-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by fordsux8269
Well if were goin to brians Ive got a couple of things to get done. Kdp (still) and my timing i can probably round up a timing kit unless some one has one that I could use.
I don't know flip about a 12v, but I can drink beer and watch.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Rowland, I've got SilverStars in my headlights as well. I don't remember any special procedures for getting them in. When you look at the headlights they look whiter than stock, and the light they throw is whiter/cleaner than the stock headlights. The stockers always seemed to have the dirty yellow color to them.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Banned

I've got silverstars and they were no more of a pain in the **** to put in than the stockers.

I don't know anything about 12v's either but I certaintly know how to supervise and consume refreshing beverages.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:22 PM

Head lights should be pretty easy....call me if you cant get them in. Good to hear that you might have someone else to bring into the bombing world!!! Count me in i guess......heck...ill even bring my wrenches again if needed....I've done a KDP a few times.......and would LOVE to see how to adj timing on a 12V!!! I never had access to a Timing kit...and wasnt going to pony up the dough for one either!

Put me in for Mex food!!!!!

....Fur's?!!! Charlie...come on! Try a little harder not to show your age!!! hahaha.......
Old 11-28-2005, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
I'm working on a personal group buy for 2" front end leveling kits (for any 94-05 4x4). Anyone interested?

How much are you talking? I know there is a guy on evay selling the spacers for like $55. I doubt anyone will get that low even with a group buy. But if you wanna find out more let me know Im interested in a set.

Tyler, I think Jeremy was kinda forced to sale it. I wanted that tranny.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Banned

You ain't the only one. I wanted it really badly. Now that I got the turbo to handle the power I just need the trans. That trans would have held the soon to be new injectors quite nicely.

Any of yall know if bryan has a heater in his shop? Sure would make life nice.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:02 PM

Dude....its south central Texas in Dec.! You should know it will be in the 60's-70's! haha!

Anyway.....the units on eBay are probaly fine...but (I bet) not as nice as the ones Rowland found...They use DOM Tubeing, welded studs (Grade 8) and such.....you get what you pay for....and i would like to have the strongest spacers i could find due to the weight on the fnt end....I wouldnt bet on 55...but anything under $100 is a good price if you ask me.....

Woud be a nice day to do injectors...wouldnt it Tyler?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Diesel_Dan
....Fur's?!!! Charlie...come on! Try a little harder not to show your age!!! hahaha.......
It's not the age....it's the great TEXAS heritage. We talk like that all the time when you yankees ain't around.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I don't know anything about 12v's either but I certaintly know how to supervise and consume refreshing beverages.

Hey hey now, there can be only one (maybe two) supervisors on a site at one time, everyone knows that. Since me and Charlie are already experts at those positions, I think its understood that our positions can only be filled when we aren't there. But since we will both be there, the only thing you will hear from us is "Get back to work!!!!!!!!"
Old 11-28-2005, 08:00 PM

Gave up hell. Back in a dodge 91 3500 , cody bring some springs if ya got any cant find mine. Mexican food is fine , had the kids last time if you remember...
Old 11-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diesel_Dan
Dude....its south central Texas in Dec.! You should know it will be in the 60's-70's! haha!

Anyway.....the units on eBay are probaly fine...but (I bet) not as nice as the ones Rowland found...They use DOM Tubeing, welded studs (Grade 8) and such.....you get what you pay for....and i would like to have the strongest spacers i could find due to the weight on the fnt end....I wouldnt bet on 55...but anything under $100 is a good price if you ask me.....

Woud be a nice day to do injectors...wouldnt it Tyler?
It would be a nice day wouldn't it? Now I guess I just need to see how much is under the mattress. I really need to stop hanging out here. I spend way to much money.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Chapter President

Anyone have any nice, shiney 275's that need a new home?

Quick Reply: Waco Get Together Time Again