Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Video Clips of Extreme Diesel Showdown in Tulare, CA March 31, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a great time even though I poped the head gasket friday morning. Im still kicking my self I should have got back on the rollers because the other guys in my class made over 600 and I know I would have cause It down shifted and I only hit my first stage of nitrous! Great to meet some of you guys and Ill be talking to you soon Adam. I think that sled was a bit on the heavy side......
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CL2000
I had a great time even though I poped the head gasket friday morning. Im still kicking my self I should have got back on the rollers because the other guys in my class made over 600 and I know I would have cause It down shifted and I only hit my first stage of nitrous! Great to meet some of you guys and Ill be talking to you soon Adam. I think that sled was a bit on the heavy side......
you got it bud, just give me a call when ever you want to do the swap. great meeting you and you to have a very nice hp truck and it ran very well.. talked to physco stroker and he said that sled was WAY to heavy. see ya bud.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:06 AM

Nice vids. The ATS Duramax that had the huge box on the front of it(which is actually an air to water intercooler) blew an intercooler boot and the safety strut that holds the boot to the engine. It didn't break anything in the front end because I found out from the truck's owner that it no longer has the IFS in it and it now has a D60 and suspension setup from a 2nd Gen CTD. Go figure.

Scott
Old 04-03-2007, 11:33 AM

I want to thank you on taking the video of my truck our video camera took a crap on Friday night when we were heading out,
I'm not to sure I said the sled was heavy I think I said the track was bad which made the sled harder to pull, anyways I had a good time long days
We'll figure out what broke and get it fixed soon
Old 04-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

hey stroker, pm me if you want a copy of my video. i taped the entire event, dyno day as well as saturday and sunday.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:03 PM

It doesnt get much better than IRP, tons of drag racing and pulling at the same location and the after parties are always a good time too!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

this will be my first year attending IRP, where is it held at?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:05 PM

Great clips. I'm with the mid-west guys on this one though, I'm from there and this was my first west coast truck pull and it's a whole different world back there. It would've been a lot better without all of the long delays and if they provided somewhere to get out of the sun. It was good to meet a lot of ya'll.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PSYCHOSTROKER
I want to thank you on taking the video of my truck our video camera took a crap on Friday night when we were heading out,
I'm not to sure I said the sled was heavy I think I said the track was bad which made the sled harder to pull, anyways I had a good time long days
We'll figure out what broke and get it fixed soon
Very impressive looking ride you have there!!

Rick
Old 04-04-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by deruwe2002
Great clips. I'm with the mid-west guys on this one though, I'm from there and this was my first west coast truck pull and it's a whole different world back there. It would've been a lot better without all of the long delays and if they provided somewhere to get out of the sun. It was good to meet a lot of ya'll.
Excellent of you to show up bud!!

Rick
Old 04-05-2007, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by runamuk
Very impressive looking ride you have there!!

Rick
Rick thanks
its going to go under construction soon, I need to change a couple of things on it so I can get the weigh back up front, We had a hell of a time keeping the front end from bouncing, The motor is warn out as well, 5 years on the same motor, no maintance on it what so ever, I'm going to be putting in a fresh motor in soon, It should run pretty well after that.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

hey pyscho, did you guys figure out what happened to it on sundays pull? it didnt sound to good. if you rather not say i understand that as well. just curious
Old 04-05-2007, 06:36 PM

I will have to pull the motor to find out for sure, so I'll wait to commit on that until I know for sure what happened please do not take offense to it I just like to be for sure when I say something
Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Muted User

In regards to the no full pull...
That track was loose as heck. According to the locals, it's where they normally do sand drags, so we were in a pit of sand, covered with dirt and converted to a pulling track. Conditions weren't the best...
And as for delays, it was oddly set up by the corporate folks. Give it another chance...Not to mention evening pulls eliminate those sexy farmers tans we all got ;-)