Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Thunder in Muncie 2003

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thunder in Muncie 2003

Thunder in Muncie 2003<br>Muncie, Indiana<br>[move]Come visit us at www.dieselsportpromotions.com[/move]<br>Don’t forget on June 7th and 8th to attend Thunder in Muncie. Gates will open on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m. <br>Saturday&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Sunday<br>Gaston Lion’s Club Park&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Muncie Dragway<br>7449 W. 850N&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;&nbsp;7901 E. SR 28-67<br>Gaston, IN &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;Albany, IN<br><br>Events<br>Are you going to be here early? If you are, join us at the Texas Roadhouse in Muncie for food and spirits Friday June 6th at 4:30 p.m.<br>The price of admission on Saturday is $10 (children under 16 are free) GLTDR members can show 2003 membership cards for free admission. Sunday, spectators pay $5 (children under 16 are free) and racers pay $30. Vendors will be selling their goods both days!<br>Diesel Performance Motorsports will be bringing their portable Dyno Jet Dynamometer. $65 will get you two runs, a picture of your truck making the run and a print out of your dyno sheet. Sunday’s runs will be by reservations only. Reservations can be made by contacting David at 678-878-1031or by emailing webmaster@dieselperformancemotorsports.com. The highest horsepower competition will include one place payout of $500 and a trophy, thanks to Edge Products Inc.<br><br>The truck pull registration will be open at 1:00 p.m., tech will start at 4:00 p.m. with the pulls starting at 5:00 p.m. sharp. ORLO INK is the sanctioning body, the Downhill Express is the sled and the famous tack groomer Kyle Jackson from Jackson Farms &amp; Excavating. 7200 lbs / 8000 lbs Pro-stock and Open are the classes. Don’t forget the crowd pleasing Rookie class. If you want to try your hand at pulling the sled, you can hook it up and let the crowd decide if you deserve the coveted Rookie of the Year trophy. Rules are posted on the website and will be available at the Registration table on Saturday. Trophies and purse money will be given again this year thanks to BD Power.<br><br>The Show-n-Shine will be have judges this year, rather than having the crowd vote. We want every competition to attract the best. Indeed we have attracted the cleanest diesel pickups on the continent! The classes this year are:<br><br>Best Truck with less than 30,000 miles<br>Best truck with more than 30,000 miles<br>Best Custom Diesel Vehicle<br>Best Work Truck<br><br>Participants can compete for free with admission and need to sign up at the information booth. The gatekeeper will direct you. Trophies will be given out thanks to the great folks at Geno’s Garage! <br><br>Pedal pulls, I don’t have much information on this just yet, but there will be a pedal pull available for the kids.<br><br>Drag Racing will be on Sunday. This is a Diesel Hot Rod Association sanctioned race. Everyone with a diesel is welcome to race. For bracket racing there will be a 15.00 e.t. and slower class, a 14.99 and faster class and a loser’s bracket for third place. Once again, we’ll see who is the cream of the crop is with the “Top Dog” heads up/pro tree race. Racer’s will compete for the title, trophy and $1000. <br><br>Lodging<br>Camping is available in two locations. Big Oak Park (765-358-3208) is a private park and this is where the younger crowd tends to group together. If it’s peace and quiet you seek, or Big Oak gets too full, Mounds State Park in Anderson is located just over 20 miles to the South. You make reservation at Mounds State Park by dialing 866-622-6746 or by logging on to http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/...ds/search.cfm. <br><br>Hotels will get booked soon so make your reservations.<br><br>Signature Inn 765-284-4200<br>McGalliard RD and Bethel Pike Muncie, IN&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Comfort Inn 765-282-6666<br>4011 W Bethel Ave Muncie, IN<br><br>Best Western 765-282-0600<br>3011 W Bethel Muncie, IN&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br> <br>Super 8 765-286-4333 <br>3601 Fox Ridge Ln Muncie, IN<br><br>Lee's Inn 765-282-7557<br>3302 N. Everbrook Ln Muncie, IN<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>Holiday Inn Express<br>4201 W. Bethel Ave Muncie, IN<br><br>If you call Lee’s Inn, mention Thunder in Muncie to get a discounted price of $64/night. <br><br>If you have parts that you would like to sell out of the back of your truck during Saturday’s event it will be $100 at the gate. You will not be allowed to sell near the regular vendors area and it must be USED parts. Let’s have a fun and safe weekend in Muncie, Indiana.<br>
Old 02-13-2003, 02:41 AM

Re:Thunder in Muncie 2003

I might be perswaded into coming. ;D<br><br>Are you going to have the new drag truck ready by then? <br><br>Wouldn't be the same with out Stack'd-n-Jack'd not racing. ???<br><br>DB<br>
Old 02-13-2003, 03:02 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, it looks like I will be putting a nuclear reactor back together this weekend. I will be working on that right up until my Chapter 7 roundup on the 21st it looks like. I told them I will not be available for those three days. It's hard to make a man with 280 days sick leave on the books mad. ;D ;D
Old 02-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Chapter President

I'll be there... ;D It was a great time last year...besides, my kids have to defend their peddle-pull titles...4 kids...4 trophy's 8)<br><br> Cat Cracker.