Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/texas-dtr-chapter-8-august-meet-163682/)

crobtex 08-07-2007 07:55 PM

Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet #2

Well, I guess it's time to start planning for the future.

How about a nice laid back, wrenching, eating, suds drinking, BSing and hot weekend at The Ranch?

I know I need to give my tranny a dose of RowJ's super-duper synthetic fluid. How about the rest of you?

Or, had everyone rather wait for September?

hotdram 08-07-2007 08:52 PM

What weekend you thinking Charlie?
I might be getting a FASS to put on soon.

~Rob

crobtex 08-07-2007 09:04 PM

I'm committed for this coming weekend, but for me, I'm pretty much open after that.

Which FASS?

hotdram 08-07-2007 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex (Post 1637142)
I'm committed for this coming weekend, but for me, I'm pretty much open after that.

Which FASS?

95 GPH fuel pump.

You should be commited alright ;)
~Rob

crobtex 08-07-2007 09:07 PM

Easy there boy..............

HPFP or dual filter?

bigredBCS 08-07-2007 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by bnold (Post 1636412)
]

Dont think much worse can happen to that sleeping bag than its last occupant!! [laugh][tapdshut]

brian....you wrong for dat!

hotdram 08-07-2007 09:10 PM

Just the HPFP :)

I have just been reminded by my social event coordinator that I have dinner plans on Saturday the 18th. Might could show up late, after the sun goes down and the temps dip back to double digits. I might even bring my pimp juice :D

~Rob

crobtex 08-07-2007 09:14 PM

OK. The weekend of the 25th sounds good to me.

I have an angle drill that will make the installation much easier and neater.

AggieJustin 08-07-2007 09:15 PM

Let's see...

August 11th - baling hay at home
August 18th - friends in town. Might get away for a little while, but I doubt it
August 25th - out of town
September 1 - Labor Day, but currently no plans (how's that happen?)

Maybe this is a sign...I should only attend cool weather meets. [laugh]

crobtex 08-07-2007 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by AggieJustin (Post 1637174)
Let's see...

Maybe this is a sign...I should only attend cool weather meets. [laugh]

[laugh][laugh][laugh] Not a bad idea! I wonder if that would work for me?

AggieJustin 08-07-2007 09:22 PM

Well, since the hot weather didn't start till August...we'll probably still be seeing triple digits in December.

Any guesses on when we might have a "cold weather" meet? :D

hotdram 08-07-2007 09:22 PM

Hey Justin,
Did Charlie ever tell you that he hates cold weather?

~Rob

AggieJustin 08-07-2007 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by hotdram (Post 1637197)
Hey Justin,
Did Charlie ever tell you that he hates cold weather?

~Rob

Is that a fact? You learn something everyday...

...and somethings you continuously learn each time to talk to Charlie in the winter. [laugh]

07CTD4x4 08-07-2007 09:27 PM

That sort of meet idea sounds awesome. I like it when theres wrenching and beer drinking to be done. Best of all though is just hanging out BSing with everybody.

I wish I had something cool to put on my truck..:(

crobtex 08-07-2007 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 07CTD4x4 (Post 1637208)
That sort of meet idea sounds awesome. I like it when theres wrenching and beer drinking to be done. Best of all though is just hanging out BSing with everybody.

NO ONE minds if you jump right in and help them. Especially me and Robert. [laugh][laugh][laugh] Getting old is my excuse.........

COLD......is a nasty word! Anything below 70* is marginal. :)

hotdram 08-07-2007 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by 07CTD4x4 (Post 1637208)

The item on the left is something cool you should put on your truck for this meet. Too bad there is usually no B'Sin though :rolleyes:

http://www.riegerweb.com/Packed.JPG

~Rob

Duallydog 08-07-2007 09:55 PM

Good grief, ya'll are already on the 2nd page? I'll be in Big Spring on the 25th. But I just proposed for my #42 to meet at De Leon, so I guess we could have a big DTR meet.

bsj04 08-07-2007 11:00 PM

not sure if ill be able to make it on the 25th. grandma is coming into town for her 80th b-day. maybe i can work something out. so... at the ranch does everyone just sleep in their trucks with the a/c on?

TexasCTD 08-08-2007 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by bsj04 (Post 1637399)
not sure if ill be able to make it on the 25th. grandma is coming into town for her 80th b-day. maybe i can work something out. so... at the ranch does everyone just sleep in their trucks with the a/c on?

Just kinda depends on what is available...[laugh] You gotta do what you gotta do.

If I can I usually bring my travel trailer and Charlie already has his there. Tents are good too except when it's this hot. We never seem to get much sleep anyway. We stay up late BSing, drinking beer, wrenching and watching Brian play in the fire. Then we finally go to bed about 3am.....then Charlie and Rowland get up at 5:30am and wake everybody up....[dummy][laugh]

TexasCTD 08-08-2007 12:06 AM

I can make it the 18th or the 25th tentatively. But not the Friday before for either.

For me this weekend is out....going to San Antonio/New Braunfels. Labor Day weekend is out, going ATVing in Arkansas again.

Mike is supposed to have the SSSSS and bushings ready....so that would be my wrenching project if I get to do one.

RowJ 08-08-2007 07:38 AM

25th works for me!
Since Justins out of action all month and Robs and Robert are free... lets do it!
Mike, Brian, Evan, Wayne and I seem to show up whenever it's scheduled...like good DTR supporters. :)
Both Scotts...your in for a treat!
Matt- Looks like your destined to never experience the hard core DTR meet at the Ranch. :(
Diesel_Dan - Get your FE down here. Rob wants a pro installer!
Anyone tell Tyler? He should be back in his CTD by then.

I've got my shop fan, and my 50' extension cord. All I need for sleeping in the bed of my truck.

RJ

MikeyB 08-08-2007 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by hotdram (Post 1637243)
The item on the left is something cool you should put on your truck for this meet. Too bad there is usually no B'Sin though :rolleyes:

http://www.riegerweb.com/Packed.JPG

~Rob

I'll take the big yellow package, but will pass on the mystery meat. [laugh]

MikeyB

bnold 08-08-2007 08:19 AM

I think I'm good for that weekend.. You guys will have to excuse my moping though... Fall semester starts up on the 27th :( :(

Haven't even finished summer yet!!!! Final on Friday! :(

AggieJustin 08-08-2007 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ (Post 1637750)
...to show up whenever it's scheduled...like good DTR supporters. :)

Ouch!

At this point, I'm going to go ahead and block off all weekends for September to better the chances I can make a meet (well, except for the two that are already taken) :D

Diesel-Dan 08-08-2007 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by crobtex (Post 1637166)
OK. The weekend of the 25th sounds good to me.

I have an angle drill that will make the installation much easier and neater.

Dude...whats with you and that drill? haha.....[laugh]

And its a Con OFE I got......:cool:

I got the Scheid Show that weekend....yall should come up and check it out! I only live 4 hrs from it......(Minus the 8-9 hr drive to my place first.........haha)

RowJ 08-08-2007 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by AggieJustin (Post 1637803)
At this point, I'm going to go ahead and block off all weekends for September to better the chances I can make a meet (well, except for the two that are already taken) :D

Good Man...that's the spirit! And those weekends are? (let Charlie know, at least).

RJ

fade94 08-08-2007 10:05 AM

I'm open until my son's sports start up again.

Diesel-Dan 08-08-2007 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex (Post 1637016)
Well, I guess it's time to start planning for the future.

How about a nice laid back, wrenching, eating, suds drinking, BSing and hot weekend at The Ranch?

I know I need to give my tranny a dose of RowJ's super-duper synthetic fluid. How about the rest of you?

Or, had everyone rather wait for September?

UM....i Vote for September.....Looks like i get a weekend of Texas fun Labor day weekend......I believe that is the 1st-3rd....and i will even have my truck! ALSO....im up for any installs and such......MAN i miss wrenching! haha....

Give me some feed back on this...because it will have a bearing on me getting a plane ticket or not......

hotdram 08-08-2007 04:26 PM

As far as I know, I am good for Labor Day weekend. I am up for moving it to then, so we can see Dan.

~Rob

RowJ 08-08-2007 04:35 PM

OK by me... but a tough weekend for most...including Charlie, I think. Maybe both....with just Saturday & Sat night of the holiday weekend??

RJ

crobtex 08-08-2007 04:46 PM

I'll be in the Hill Country that weekend. Big BD bash and cookout of one of my sisters.

Dan, is that the only Sept weekend you can get away? Don't miss getting to come down just because me and some of the others won't be here.

Diesel-Dan 08-08-2007 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex (Post 1638408)
I'll be in the Hill Country that weekend. Big BD bash and cookout of one of my sisters.

Dan, is that the only Sept weekend you can get away? Don't miss getting to come down just because me and some of the others won't be here.

Well its more my wife has the time off to get up here and a cheap air fair.....so i don't know....i would rather come back and use this FREE plane ticket i got for a meet that everyone is going to be at...there will be other 3 day weekends......Ill think on this some more.....and ill call one of yall tonight about it at least.......and i havent seen the wife in well....what is it now.....since May 4th?

I think i would be more P'ed about missing a meet by one week than missing one all together.......

XLR8R 08-08-2007 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan (Post 1638421)
.......and i havent seen the wife in well....what is it now.....since May 4th?

Wouldn't you rather spend some quality time with the spousal unit than help the rest of us hillbillys drink beer and operate power tools while fixing up our junk? [laugh]

Duallydog 08-08-2007 09:48 PM

Don't tempt him anymore for hanging out with ya'll with talk like that. [laugh]

TexasCTD 08-09-2007 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan (Post 1638421)
.......and i havent seen the wife in well....what is it now.....since May 4th?

You haven't seen your wife since MAY 4th!!!!:o:o

Are you serious? I thought she moved to Missouri when you did!

I won't be available Labor day weekend, so I would sure hate to miss seeing you Dan. I hope we can work it out for another weekend. Let us know!

You know DHRA at Baytown is coming up too, right? I believe sometime in October. Any chance you can come down on "business" with FASS?

Duallydog 08-09-2007 07:47 AM

Who all is going to De Leon this weekend? I'd like to get us sectioned off so when more of our members show up we would be easy to park with.

XLR8R 08-09-2007 08:34 AM

It doesn't make sense for us to go...

the word I got was diesels run last - usually after midnight ([eyecrazy]), no nitrous in any class (bottle removal is doable), water/meth only in Modified (even though the tank is empty!), but the big problem is the 8K# weight class - no way we can make that happen - it's barely feasible to get down to 8500# for the quarter.

I was looking forward to using the new lunette ring adjustable SS hitch I designed, too! :(

Looks like we'll stay at the shop and make parts this weekend... :)

crobtex 08-09-2007 08:47 AM

Not set in stone until I check with The Boss, but Labor Day weekend may be a go for me. You'll know, when I know...............

bnold 08-09-2007 08:52 AM

Ya prolly not going to happen for me this weekend.... no $$$ :(

Diesel-Dan 08-09-2007 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD (Post 1639107)
You haven't seen your wife since MAY 4th!!!!:o:o

You know DHRA at Baytown is coming up too, right? I believe sometime in October. Any chance you can come down on "business" with FASS?

Nope...i have been flying solo up here since March of '06 to be honest. Seen Kerri about 10 times in the last year and a half.....She is staying with my folks at the moment because she has a good job we hate to loose right now. We want to get ahead a little first.

BUT the DHRA event is prob what the ticket needs to be used for. I forgot about that one......anyone got dates?