Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   Results of N.C. Dyno Day (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/results-n-c-dyno-day-35679/)

Dieseldude4x4 12-14-2003 06:01 PM

Re:Results of N.C. Dyno Day

I'm going to add some pics to fill in what Mrs Smurf didn't get to take. I can't rememebr all the names (I can't remember mine half the time) so if you see a pic and know who's truck it is, add a comment and the name of the owner if you like.

Yep, I finished the clutch but it held enough to get me home. She was smellin really really bad though. Getting ready to send a PM to Keith for a Mo trip in the next month or so.

My son was really happy with his numbers, he didn't have any idea what that little truck had till he pulled it up on the dyno. Didn't do bad in the quarter either, 16.001 at 83 mph the first time on the track. Would have been better but he fell asleep at the light.

This was a real good time and I look forward to the next one, after I get a new clutch. My time was so bad, I didn't even pick up my slip. The clutch was slipping real bad in third and even worse in fourth so I never went to fifth. Cethane saw me shaking my head at mid track and new something was wrong. Something like Wednesday I think was the time. Oh well. Somebody said it wasn't the fastest truck but it was the best sounding. 8)

Lary Ellis (Top) 12-14-2003 06:06 PM

Sounds like I missed a really great time :'( You can bet this will be on my calendar for next year though ;)

Any event with "The Smurphs", "John P I & II, Dennis, Joel, Tim, Calvin and so on, is going to be a fun time for everybody!

What a great bunch of people! I am glad everybody had a safe and fun time :)

Bob Wagner 12-14-2003 06:27 PM

Great numbers Jess :)

dynoman 12-14-2003 07:46 PM

Well I'm still{coughcough}clean soot out off my lungs [eyecrazy]
I just want to Thank All that came and played. I'm glad that all that wanted dynoed and we didn't have to use the bag of oil dry ;D
Jess, John,Chris a BIG THANK YOU TO YOU 3
I will post the Ford #'s Monday
When every your ready for #2 I'll be here.
Again, THANK YOU

Wayne

billg 12-14-2003 11:25 PM

Thanks goes to those who worked to bring this together. I met some nice folks, and had a good time.

Hired Gun 12-15-2003 12:01 PM

Looks like I missed a great time. But mamaw was happy to see me for her Christmas thing. Looks like you had some impressive numbers. Some with reg #2 and some Juiced up from the DR. ;D I am impressed!!!!!!!

Note to self! "Self the Max's are doing good things!" ;D

Way to go Tim! Twins are working out great it looks!

banshee 12-15-2003 02:46 PM

I had a great time, and it was good to see everyone and hang out for the day. Having the event at the dyno and dragstrip made me miss the old rocket's power, but I'm still way happy with the new one. I know Dennis enjoyed me being in the stocker, too ;) At least I got to make a few passes down the strip in [glow=red,2,300] Red Ram Rocket, Jr. [/glow]
That 12.94 pass was the fastest all day on #2, so... Jess, be sure to have your finger on your NOS trigger if you ever pull up beside a red short bed ;) BTW, what ever happened to the tranny on the other one? Gotta rib you guys a little....

Hope to see everyone again next time!

John

king d 12-15-2003 02:55 PM

[quote author=banshee [glow=red,2,300] Red Ram Rocket, Jr. [/glow]
That 12.94 pass was the fastest all day on #2, so... Jess, be sure to have your finger on your NOS trigger if you ever pull up beside a red short bed ;) BTW, what ever happened to the tranny on the other one? Gotta rib you guys a little....

Hope to see everyone again next time!

John
no doubt it was the fastest 2 only pass ,my best 2 pass was 13.04 so it would be real close.and my nos is set on boost pressure so it is always armed ;)

banshee 12-15-2003 03:06 PM

When the cam and lockup switch go in, and maybe a little hotter injector, it'll be down in the 12.6-12.7 range :) The bottle runs out eventually........ ;D

king d 12-15-2003 05:16 PM

[quote author=banshee link=board=12;threadid=23686;start=15#msg223901 date=1071522370]
When the cam and lockup switch go in, and maybe a little hotter injector, it'll be down in the 12.6-12.7 range :) The bottle runs out eventually........ ;D
[/quote]i promise for the next time the dmax will do 600 on #2 alone.think i can do it [eyecrazy]..time will tell

John_P 12-15-2003 05:22 PM

Jess:

Did you, Buck and Wayne ever find out what happened
to your "Suncoast" Transmission on Buck's truck???

Just wondering as I never heard back from you guys. :)
I had the flatbed trailer and "come-alongs" ready, but
I guess you made it home O.K.

-------
John_P

Timinva 12-15-2003 05:31 PM

Jess, surely looking forward to next time. I know I will be over 600 on #2. Putting my billet shafts in this week, then its time for some head and fuel delivery issues. I enjoyed meeting you and your brother and it opened my eyes on what them chevys can do. A little ribbing makes it fun so long as it is done in jest. Tim

Hired Gun 12-16-2003 07:12 AM

Finally a guy with the right attitude! Proud of ya Tim. :)

Dieseldude4x4 12-16-2003 08:45 AM

I'm not a Chevy fan but I must admit it was impressive watching a V8 diesel spank a Z28 Camaro.

Hired Gun 12-16-2003 08:47 AM

Diesels are awesome Dieseldude. You know that! ;D