Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

N. Texas DTR Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial results are good. The truck drives so much better with the APPS reset. Boost comes on sooner and smoke is down. I like it a lot. Also, steering is definately tighter. It's not wanting to correct itself very much but I'm sure some break in time will allow that to happen. All in all I'm very impressed.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 AM

After about 155,000 (WELL book says every 150,000 for 24V anyway)....finally lashed my valves! haha.... Noticeable quieter idle engine runs smoother. We will see if milage goes up......
Old 01-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
After about 155,000 (WELL book says every 150,000 for 24V anyway)....finally lashed my valves! haha.... Noticeable quieter idle engine runs smoother. We will see if milage goes up......

Hmmmmm.....just thought of something............my milage has been down since valve lash. Besure and let us know......?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Initial results are good. The truck drives so much better with the APPS reset. Boost comes on sooner and smoke is down. I like it a lot. Also, steering is definately tighter.
Had to get some coffee before I realized you were refering to previous thread and talking about two different things!

Also up for another meet! If anyone is interested, there is a full moon end of this month.... makes it easier to find the head
Old 01-10-2007, 08:48 AM

I'm game!! Should be sick of school by then
Old 01-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Banned

I'll most definately be sick of school by then considering I've got class in 2 hours.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rjohnson
..................................Also up for another meet! If anyone is interested, there is a full moon end of this month.... makes it easier to find the head

I thought yours was up at McDonald's in Van Alstyne!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
I thought yours was up at McDonald's in Van Alstyne!!!
UM ill be in town on the 18th - to that sunday.....WELL kinda....going off-roading!! BUT prob miss any meet you guy do at the freaking end of the month!!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 PM

How about a SuperBowl Bash at Robert's?

Who's with me!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
How about a SuperBowl Bash at Robert's?

Who's with me!!!

I didn't even know you liked football!

The sissy Cowboys are out of it now for sure. Im a fair weather fan.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:31 AM
Banned

I'm down for a meet. Might even have a fun new toy or two to install.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:28 AM

The sissy Cowboys are out of it now for sure. Im a fair weather fan.
ROMO IS A _OMO..........

NAW.....he did us well...and im sure he will do better next year.......(Seems to be the going phrase for the Cowgir.....er Boys......) I just hope the 'Boys start getting it together before The Tuna gets tired of it............Dang it we finaly have a decient QB (NOTE I didnt say ball holder.........) NOW why cant we get Vince Young back in Texas..............

Was nice though...they got a lot of national exposure this year so i almost got to see every game up here.......
Old 01-11-2007, 09:05 AM

After watching Romo choke at Charlie's - I went back to not caring...
Old 01-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Alright guys got some toys in the mail today... I received and installed a TAG upon a gentle nudging from a fellow member … I installed one in-between my primary and secondary turbos. Fit was real nice and although my seat of the pants o meter is not that great to tell a difference in power the turbos were noticeably quieter suggesting that there is not as much turbulence going into the secondary turbo…

My TST Comp upgrade arrived today and it’s safe to say the truck now scares the poo out of me !!! Good lord that box is HOT !! And I now know what pump shudder is… Not too cool

Also… (I was a good day for FedEx) I received a stage II coolingmist water/meth kit (Merry Christmas/ Happy Birthday to me from me!! No spending $$ for a while have to keep some $$ around to feed myself this semester)… Haven’t installed yet (waiting for the cold front) but the kit looks really nice and complete .

From the previous North Tex thread I ripped the back end off of my four wheeler (the first time I wished it was straight axle… Darn CV shafts/ Coilovers/ A-arms) and replaced a top a-arm that was ‘s’ shaped as well as rewelding and gusseting a portion of the frame that somehow managed to be ripped off by the dif… The old grizz is running great again!! I’m ready for some 4x4n!!!

All in all was a good day, my back hurts and I have a whole fridge (not always bad being home) of medication (12oz form) awaiting !!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned

Ahh yes. I just took one of my medications for the evening. I have a headache after listening to 5 different professor's preach the same rules over and over again.

And your not the only one with new toys. I just scored a spanking new ps62/12 and as soon as I can sell this KSB-1 I'm getting studs and hopefully that guy's stage 2 kit from the classifieds.

Quick Reply: N. Texas DTR Club