Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

AZ chapter...yuma or tucson?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZ chapter...yuma or tucson?

I seem to be stuck in Yuma with a broken transmission and unable to return home to my central CA chapter #27. anyone know of a good transmission shop here in yuma or even tucson? My brother is going to tucson and could tow me there if needed.

So, in an effort to get one more Californian back out of AZ and help another chapter member out, can someone please let me know of any good shops down here that know a dodge tranny?

Thanks,
Jon
Old 05-30-2006, 12:01 PM

Hey bad luck with the tranny. Try Team Ramco transmission. They are very fair and wont jerk you around. They helped me diagnose some problems in their shop and didnt charge me a dime. Their number is 928-344-5360. A friend of mine had an auto rebuilt there for a 98 dualie and has not had problems with it. I lived there for six years and just recently got orders out of there. Tell them a Marine who was stationed there recomended them and ask for Dennis, he will hook you up. They have a 5yr/100k mile warranty. They do good work. Good luck.

Kevin

NOTE: I am not in any way affiliated with Team Ramco transmission. I am merely giving a reputable point of contact for a fellow Dodge truck owner in need of repair.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:26 PM

that is very good to hear, that's the ATRA approved shop in yuma that should be able to cover this under warranty work and I ended up getting their number from the local Aamco trans shop after the guy that built it back home told me to find an ATRA.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
Jon
Old 06-01-2006, 09:16 PM

well, after having my truck in to Team Ramco and talking to the guy that runs the place I couldn't be happier, they've taken really good care of me and are doing a good job.
they went through and replaced all the electronics along with the warranty stuff that was broken/defective.
from what I've seen they're the western states' version of Dave Goerend, they build their own converters, match the valve body and do pretty much everything necessary to hold a lot of bombing.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:34 AM

Thats awesome you had a good experience. I would have felt bad recommending a bum shop. Have a good ride home.

Kevin