Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Ryan from TRUCKS! TV checking in

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome aboard. I too love the show... Too bad nobody films shows over here near the east... I would love to just come on and HELP. What a blast to work on a vehicle where all the tools are available and can get whatever parts you need!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:38 AM

Good luck with the build-up(s)....

Lots of knowledge on this site.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:06 PM

Ryan,

I have watched the show for years, and really like what you guys are doing! I'm looking forward to seeing the Ford/Cummins project. Are you dropping a Ford body onto a 97 Chassis or are you dropping a Cummins into a Ford?

I want to see the first option. That looks interesting. I have seen some pretty cool conversions in the mags, and I really like the look of the 70's era Fords.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Welcome aboard. I'm a fan of the show. My truck is always available if you want to add mods for an upcoming episode.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:34 PM

Ryan, welcome. Enjoy watching your show. Sometimes you guys make things look to easy.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:20 PM

I wish i could do all my projects in a half hour like you
Old 04-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Howdy Ryan, and welcome to the DieselTruckResource site.

TrucksTV has been a favorite show since the EARLY days.

Lots of good truck related info both there and here.

There's more than a few trucks here that would be REAL eye-openers for the non-diesel performance crowd.

Grab your beverage of choice, Sit back, Prop 'yer feet up, and commence surfing........
Old 04-29-2009, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by rstrucks
Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm looking forward to hanging out here and soaking up some good info.

The truck we are putting together will take a while, and at first we are going to stick to somewhat mild upgrades. After that who knows??????

The plans for the TRUCKS! rig is to take a wrecked 97 Dodge and drop a 70's era Ford body on it. We know it might **** some people off mixing breeds like that but whatever. We wanted something unique and reliable so that is what we came up with. It will be our "real" tow rig not just a "tv" truck. Our V10 super duty is tired and sucks much fuel! Plus I've always wanted a Cummins with a 5 spd.

As for my truck............ its a pile It has 192K on it and is very used. I still dig the hell out of it! It's a 94 2wd dually with a 5 spd. the PO installed a #5 TST and 5" straight exhaust and I threw on a Flowmaster race muffler real quick before I put my wife in the truck for 1200 miles. More work to come - fix oil leaks, rebuild the trans, clean it up, bed liner, maintenance etc....
Welcome ryan. Im watched ur show last week and i was supprised to see yall bring a 12v cummin out of the scrap yard and back to the shop. i think it will be a good building project and it will prolly get alot more ppl watching the show. As for ur truck it still has a lotta life left. i just bought a 95 12v 2wd 5speed wit 275k on it. Still runs like a cheetah on cocaine. Although i will be rebuilding it at about 300k so i can go 300k more. As for advice u pick the right place to come!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Welcome!! I must admit i NEVER heard of your show before!!!
of course I JUST got cale about a week ago for the FIRST time! (so ima late bloomer) hehe.

I will find some info on TRUCKS tv so i can become a fan as i LOVE ALL auto related shows.. this is a GREAT site! for newbies like myself..

Mabey you could even mention this web site in your show!!
thats would bring even more knowledge to this cool web site!!
-Future fan