Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Now I am official

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now I am official

Been lurking and reading on here for a long time learning as much as i can about these trucks and finally bought a 2005 this past weekend. I will post some pics later once i clean it up a little bit.

one of those funny things where i am 100 miles from home and see it sitting in a parking lot. stop buy and look it over. one of those hand written "for sale" signs in the window with price and phone number and not much else. Retired gentleman that really didnt need it anymore and on a whim put it on the parking lot just to see if it would sell. two weeks later it is sitting in my driveway.

look forward to being a little more involved in the site now.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:36 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, you better post a picture!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Welcome to DTR....Steve...
Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From one newb to another, welcome aboard. Lots of great folks and great tech here.
I've been doing what you did but not for as long I guess. Just got my 2012 2500 SRW 4x4 crew cab with 6.7 Cummins and I'm just loving it. Need to do some pulling with it to finish the engine break in but so far it's an awesome truck. Totally different animal than the 2011 1500 2x4 crew cab. No comparison to the two trucks at all. The 1500 was just a car in pickup's clothes.
This 2500 is a real truck. I added Westin 4" tube steps to is as well as mud flaps as it didn't have either. Next is to get the bed sprayed and then I'm done for a while until I get it broke in some more.
So much great info here but man it can get mind boggeling at times. I am not going to do any performance mods even though I am just chomping at the bit to do some but I don't want to screw up my warranty. I am going to talk to my dealer about how strict they are with regards to a tuner or some of the deletes that can be done to improve mileage and performance.
Get those pics posted up and lets see the new ride. Congrats. From what I've read you may have the best of the best with the 5.9. Yours is a diesel, correct. How many miles, cab style and all that. Had the PO done anything to it or is it still stock. Has it got a fifth wheel plate or goosneck ball?
I do want to get a quick disconnect fifth wheel plate so I don't have to have it in the bed all the time and make room in case I do want to haul stuff in the bed as well as the sunken ball for a goosneck. I hate the idea of cutting the bed but now they put the plate over the hole so you don't have a hole in the bed or the ball sticking up in the center an creating other hauling issues for loading the bed. All in good time though.
Hope it works out well for you. Jim.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the welcomes, i have been reading on here for the last couple of days and finding it a wealth of knowledge.

The truck had a salvage title to it, apparently rolled on its side and it was totaled. they put a different cab/bed/fenders/hood and put a salvage title on it. truck has the 5.9 with 150K miles, auto, slightly larger exhaust otherwise totally stock. The PO put some bling on there which isnt really my taste so some of it may come off.

Here are a couple of pics. i will try to get better ones at a later time.
Attached Thumbnails Now I am official-photo-62-1.jpg   Now I am official-photo-63-1.jpg  
Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice truck...its way too clean lol.