Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

New from East Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from East Texas

Picked up a 2007.5 6.7 3500 mega about a month ago, had instant issues with the 68 RFE jumping into limp mode a.k.a. fourth gear. Soon after developed a problem with the trigger wire to the starter and was having to jump it. I pulled the air filter and it looked like it hadn't been changed in years ... It was a stock paper Fran filter, so I threw in a drop in K&N. (instant boosting economy by 12 miles per gallon easy) Just threw down some money on a 5 inch TBE with DPF delete, an autoCAL by EFI-live, and a sinister diesel EGR delete, a toggle switch to reroute wiring so I don't have to lift the bonnet and jump it, and a filter kit for the trans. Also picked up a new U joint for the joint right ahead of the transfer case as it's giving me an annoying little clanking. I do love the truck and it has lots of potential, but I'm never dealing with Silver Star motors in Arlington Texas ever again!!! I started pulling the OEM exhaust off and we had a pop in thunderstorm so that canceled those plans. I'll resume that detail tomorrow morning along with the EGR delete .So this is my introduction and it's good to be here!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:23 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, Hey Zep, welcome to DTR! Forums split into year models, diesel production models, Rv, big rigs and other (where the fun is!!!)

Second, for a Texas guy you write like an ad man. (London England one if you write of 'bonnet')

This site will put you in touch with other local members, truck issues and resolutions, great how to info. Dealer bashing on Facebook or something more personal to be fair to everyone. Private Messaging can be done by clicking on a member's name......again,

Welcome and enjoy the show!