HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

question of Codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question of Codes

alright i did the ACC/ON-OFF 3 times, this is what it said

T TCU
P 1693
P DUNE
P DUNE
P ECU
P 0522
P DUNE
P DUNE

WHAT editDOES THIS MEAN? I NEED HELP MY TRUCK IS DOWN I REPEAT MY TRUCK IS DOWN.

so anyone help please?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:39 PM

1693 just means that there is a code in a different computer and you have to have it scanned to see what the codes is

P DONE just means that it is done reading the codes

P0522 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Low Voltage
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Not what I was expecting. You say that it's not running right now? will it start, just no throttle responce? need some more imfo. does it have oil pressure?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:52 PM

i know im a **** idiot for not having gauges, im working on it.

But stock gauges shows oil pressure is good. It runs but cuts out when i try to accelerate, then trys to die. The engine revs and drops rpms on its own the other day it did this and i sat with the key off for a while, then it ran perfect. todays a different story.

apon more research of this1693 people all over are saying it happens all the time but what causes this?

The shop checked for codes when it was runing fine, obviously no codes would show? it was also with the edge programer connected. now its off. what do i do brothern
Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

well lets rule out the simple first, did you just fill up when this started? (bad fuel) does it have fuel in it? (the gauges are bad to lie on these trucks) you say you have good pressure to the vp44 (IP)? If you go to the top of the page and look under tech facts and go to 24v engine, then to vp 44 test that might help. I have not test one that way. all the ones I've replaced had the code. I've read of some going bad and not throwing codes, I would keep checking, it can deside to throw it at any time. It will store the code for several starts, and the ez dont keep it from throwing it.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:08 PM

the 1693 could be over 2500 different codes the 1693 just mean that there are codes and you have to scan it to get them. you probably could get auto zone to scan it for you for free
Old 02-12-2007, 09:36 PM

my problem is i cant get to an auto zone, im on Fort Irwin CA, which is 35min from Barstow California. is there anything i can just buy to fix the situation, fuel is good to my knowledge.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, let's slow down a bit. I can imagine how frustrated you are, but sometimes problems are a little hard diagnoise. First, what year model, etc is the truck? A bad oil sending unit should not disable your truck. Completely disconnect the Edga. Disconnect the negative side of the batteries for 30 minutes and see if the codes go away.

Be sure you have plenty of fuel in the tank. sometimes the in-tank unit can go bad and it will not pick up fuel from a low tank.

By doing the following, you should be able to determine if your fuel pump, filter or injector pump might be the problem

When you "bump" the key, can you hear the fuel pump running? "Bump" means to hit the key like your going to start it....but don't. You should be able to hear the pump run for 20 sec or so.

If you can hear the pump running, next you will need to loosen a fuel line "post filter". Depending on your year model, sometimes it is easiest to loosen the line at the VP44 (injector pump).

If you are getting fuel to the pump, next you will need to loosen the injector lines at #1,3 & 5. If there is fuel there, the pump is working.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 PM

2001 dodge ram 2500 is the model obviously the turbo diesel, the guys at Banks said its the H.O engine. Ill try the battery cable tommrow morning, disconect both negatives on both batteries or is 1 battery more important. The Edge pos has been off for 4 days now.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigMurph
2001 dodge ram 2500 is the model obviously the turbo diesel, the guys at Banks said its the H.O engine. Ill try the battery cable tommrow morning, disconect both negatives on both batteries or is 1 battery more important. The Edge pos has been off for 4 days now.
Disconnect both batteries for at least 30 min. Also, turn the key on after they are disconnected and back off before they are connected. This will make sure everything is discharged.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:59 AM

well todays the day i try the battery trick, now this will erase codes from what your sayin for a wile, but im hopeing the truck will at least run lol
Old 02-13-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dltriolo
the 1693 could be over 2500 different codes the 1693 just mean that there are codes and you have to scan it to get them. you probably could get auto zone to scan it for you for free
1693 is a companion code that merely tells you that there are stored/active dtc's in the other module. 2nd gen truck utilize a pcm and ecm. The 1693 can set in either module. It's just a "reminder" to tell you that there are other codes in the opposing module when monitoring with a scan tool. Not all scanners will differentiate between the ecm and pcm.

.....and find me a list of "2500 different codes" that can be set on a 2nd gen VP truck. Matter of fact, I'll make it easier for you. Find me only 1/2 that amount. I think you'll find from a drivability standpoint that there are only around 100 codes and that includes charging and speed control.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:05 AM

Big M... clear the codes if possible. none of the dtc's you noted would cause the drivability issues you are having. Start with the basics. Good batterys, clean connections. Fuel quality ok? Check the lift pump psi. Having "rpm surge" at idle is not a good thing. I could be an idle validation issue, but I doubt that since if there is a switching prob they are good about setting codes. Hard to say without seeing the issue first hand, but at this time I'm suspecting the VP44.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:08 PM

before you invest in a vp44 if thats what you choose, purchase the banjo bolt check valve for the vp44, alot cheaper and most times thats all it is.
refer to "99 will not start" hope this helps, good luck
Old 02-13-2007, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by chiefallred
purchase the banjo bolt check valve for the vp44, alot cheaper and most times thats all it is.
.....and once again, I disagree with that.

Quick Reply: question of Codes