HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Got CODES for Christmas???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got CODES for Christmas???

Ok, so I'm on the way to "Grandma's House", cruise set on 65mph when out of nowhere the truck drops out of cruise. No power and very limited response from the go pedal and CHECK ENGINE light comes on. I pull over to check things out, when I turn the truck off I notice it shuts down immediately (no delay from the turbo timer). Check the key three times and get P1693 Companion Code on the dash. Drive to a nearby store and notice very high EGT's and boost pressure along the way. Shut down again and checked all wiring connections or anything else that might look out of place. Unhooked and reconnected the Edge box and all returned to normal, power, temps everything. Even the CHECK ENGINE light went off. When I checked the other codes it was P0121, APPS SENSOR A.

Now I'm left wondering if my APPS sensor is on it's way out. I mean I needed to completely restore all the settings on the Edge as it was reset to factory. So was it the Edge that blinked and caused the codes, or was it the APPS that caused the Edge to blink??? Or maybe the cruise malfunctioned and caused all of it. Also, when I started up this morning, after warming up for 15 minutes, I put it in drive and was idling forward when the alarm on the Edge went off telling me my speed was 110mph. When I checked my records it showed top speed as 127mph.

No more codes and ran great all day, but don't want to get stranded if I'm overlooking something. Any ideas or opinions, or similar experiences???
Old 12-26-2007, 10:56 PM

just my .02 but my 01 with edge comp did the same thing one nite but i had dead petal at about 50mph and it set the apps voltage too high and the cruise wouldnt come on... i reset the computer and it hasnt done it since thats been 2 months ago so i would see if it did it again but thats me and im tight with money. hope this helps.

BP
Old 12-27-2007, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the reply. I did just that... unhooked the the chip overnight, reconnected and seems to run strong through all six levels. Only noticeable difference is cruise lags by 2-3 mph now when it used to keep speed dead on setting. Maybe check into that this weekend.