Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Smokin' hot triple-axle fifthwheel! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/smokin-hot-triple-axle-fifthwheel-274495/)

SOhappy 07-29-2010 05:18 PM

Smokin' hot triple-axle fifthwheel!

http://thatwillbuffout.files.wordpre...3c5317dd36.jpg

Hope everyone's OK (and the truck too!)

madhat 07-29-2010 05:36 PM

Holy Crap!!!

I'd be out there getting that trailer off the truck!

AggieJustin 07-29-2010 05:53 PM

Wow...with a picture like that, the manufacturer is rethinking the "Inferno" name. [laugh]

And I'm with madhat, I'd be out there pulling the pin and getting the truck out from underneath that thing. Dents in the bed and tailgate from the pin can be fixed, letting the whole truck burn down with the trailer can't.

2171CTD 07-29-2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by AggieJustin (Post 2812259)
Wow...with a picture like that, the manufacturer is rethinking the "Inferno" name. [laugh]

Definition of irony. Nice looking truck though (hope it still is)

checkster 07-29-2010 08:34 PM

LOL.........youd be regretting it after they're pelling your skin off in therapy. Been there done that, now id let it all burn to the ground. get a new truck later

CoastalDav 07-29-2010 08:45 PM

I hope he opened the kingpin jaw and dropped that flammer on its nose.

Man, wonder want caused that? Those toy haulers have about 40 gallons of gas on board for the toys?

2006Mega 07-29-2010 09:28 PM

plus at least 60 gallons of propane and possibly extra fuel for a generator. like checkster said, i would just make sure the family was safe then watch it burn. not work risking my life for something that is insured.

whiteeye42 07-29-2010 09:40 PM

here is the answer to some of the questions about what happened it is a responce from the owner and it was posted on the RV.Net forum.
Thanks for the educated remarks and concern on some part....actually my husband and I were the owners of the camper. My husband and son were taking the camper to the Gulf for the holiday weekend, but unfortunately there was an electrical short that caused the fire. The truck had to have a little assistance be unattached from the camper. For bright eyes above this is a camper with electric jacks…fire started..no electricity.. therefore you are not able to lift the jacks to get the camper off the truck. They did get out and we are fine, but there is not much left of the camper or our two Harley Davidson Motorcycles. I commend the Spanish Fort police and fire who defiantly displayed the epitome of true heroes. This could have turned out a lot worse, but thanks to their quick actions and proficient knowledge the fire was put out and traffic was never disturbed. Well except for the rubbernecking..
Blogs that allow such comments as posted above are the problem with society today. They show the true colors of or community… No concern for others life or property. Thanks to one individual sober by noon that actually showed a bit of concern. I wish I could add to the thrill of others dirty laundry, but unfortunately we are an average Christian family with normal lives…..
his name was cliffard G they are from some where in central wyoming

Scotty 07-29-2010 09:43 PM

Clear the area and make sure everyone is safe. The heat from that kind of fire as well as the fumes is/are not worth trying to save the sheet metal.
JMHO.

Insurance does make sense sometimes especially if putting yourself at risk incurs more hardship. Leave it to the pros where you can.

Friend of mine had an engine fire on his old 454 Chebby dually...he opens the hood with fire extinguisher in hand and WOOSH he gets knocked over by the combustion and I jumped on him into the ditch. I just kept saying let it burn.
A few hours later he was released from hospital with some minor burns and a lot of burnt hair and clothes. I even had missing eye brows and eye lashes and all I did was dive on him.

checkster 07-30-2010 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by whiteeye42 (Post 2812409)
Blogs that allow such comments as posted above are the problem with society today. They show the true colors of or community… No concern for others life or property. Thanks to one individual sober by noon that actually showed a bit of concern. I wish I could add to the thrill of others dirty laundry, but unfortunately we are an average Christian family with normal lives…..

uhhhhhh......am i missing something here?

Blake Clark 07-30-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by checkster (Post 2812542)
uhhhhhh......am i missing something here?

It looks as if he just copied and pasted the owner of the rv's remarks from another forum, I dont think it was intended towards DTR.

Sucks though, really sucks. Its a lose lost situation, let the truck go up in flames, or release the kingpin and bang up the bed and no telling what else how bad gettin out from under it.

Darryl&Rita 07-30-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2812556)
It looks as if he just copied and pasted the owner of the rv's remarks from another forum, I dont think it was intended towards DTR.

Sucks though, really sucks. Its a lose lost situation, let the truck go up in flames, or release the kingpin and bang up the bed and no telling what else how bad gettin out from under it.

It was a cut paste off RV.net, that was a cut paste off another site. The first had a few comments of the more "caustic" variety, well past the Inferno name comment.

whiteeye42 07-30-2010 12:56 PM

that is all i did was copy and paste what the owner said in their comment sorry if i stepped on anybody toes it was not intended towards anybody in here.

checkster 07-30-2010 02:24 PM

no biggie, i realized you just cut and pasted it after i reread it again. i just couldnt figure out what being a "good christian" had to do with his stuff gone up in flames.

staarma 07-30-2010 03:35 PM

That's about $110,000 worth of uh oh right there. I hope Inferno covers it if it were an electrical fire caused by their workmanship.