Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Had to share.....power joke story

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instead of assuming that he's got a rockin' CTD but rolled up against a couple of awesome Furds, let's take what we know about Power Chokes and assume 03 Antie Hemi just has one of Hoss's patented cement air cleaners. Seriously, if you're getting pushed around by an antique PoorStroke and a stock 6-point-Oh-No, maybe you're down on power and need some maintainence. New fuel and air filters would be a good start.

Also, what parts, exactly, are interchangeable between the Big 3 diesels (besides the air in the tires, perhaps)? As for lots backed up with broken rigs, I'll wager every nickel I've got that Furd's warranty troubles outnumber Dodge's per 100,000 units sold.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
American Axles makes differentials for Dodge and Chevy, Injectors for Duramax made by Bosch or Delphi same as Dodge and some of the New Fords. Wiring harnesses made by one of three major manufacturere used by all the auto industry in NA Dodge Chevy, Ford Toyota etc.
Interior parts made by Magma International out of Windsor Ont 3 different plants all make part for all the big three. Same company different designs.

I never said parts were INTERCHANGABLE I said they were made by the same few companies and packaged with different name. Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

You guys are so die hard Dodge Cummins lovers it is funny. A person asked a question about Fords and them being gutless. I responded with my opinion from me expierances. If you don't like it then don't read what I post.
To let you guys know I drive all of the big three on a regular basis. I also work with guys who drive all the big three on a regular basis. They either never shut their trucks off driving or idle their trucks for days on end, then use them to pull insane amounts of weights down crappy oil field roads. This is either +30cels degree weather or -30cels degree weather. All three of the trucks have their strong and their weak points.
Chevy by far is the most lacking of the three. Front end problems being he major drawback and ground clearance.
Dodge has the best cold weather ability of the three and the best fuel milage.
Ford is pretty close to Dodge for overall ability except fuel milage is the worse out of the three.

Overall it seems that after 180,000km most guys get rid of their trucks due to major breakdowns. The larger companies run their trucks till 280,000km then sell them off at auctions. This is for all three.

Some of the larger companies who run Fords have had less problems with their trucks then the average consumer. Yet I bet they abuse their trucks much harder then the average consumer.
Ford had a flop with he 6.0 engine it made for a bad name for them. But the 6.4 has been stought engine. You guys can bash away all you want.

Dodge has seen their fair share of problems with their engines and other components, but they have a great system of ignoring problems and passing the blame onto the consumer. At least Ford and Chevy have steed up to the plate and admitted to having problems with their products. Dodge still thinks No Fault Found is a good solution.

Everyone has their own opinion and views. Good thing or we would all be driving around in a box car with a 3 banger in it.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
"Good thing or we would all be driving around in a box car with a 3 banger in it.

Yeap, this is where we will be in a few years. Thanks to the enviro whaco's and Obama....LOL

Like what you like, I was just fun-n with ya. I prefer a straight six. If the Ford or Duramax had one of those engines, I would consider one.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stinkindiesel" (03 Antie Hemi) I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read that one.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by 03 ant a hemi
Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

You guys are so die hard Dodge Cummins lovers it is funny. A person asked a question about Fords and them being gutless. I responded with my opinion from me expierances. If you don't like it then don't read what I post.
Chevy by far is the most lacking of the three. Front end problems being he major drawback and ground clearance.
Dodge has the best cold weather ability of the three and the best fuel milage.
Ford is pretty close to Dodge for overall ability except fuel milage is the worse out of the three.

Overall it seems that after 180,000km most guys get rid of their trucks due to major breakdowns. The larger companies run their trucks till 280,000km then sell them off at auctions. This is for all three.

You guys can bash away all you want.

Everyone has their own opinion and views. Good thing or we would all be driving around in a box car with a 3 banger in it.

Wow. For starters, take your thumb and forefinger, reach around behind you and pull the panties out of your crack; most of the guys here on the CTD forums go about with some good-natured ribbing, especially when someone holds a Furd product up as a superior product- whether coachwork (ugly) driveline (well documented as inferior to the Cummins mill and also needlessly complicated [oil-pump operated injectors? WHY?]) or interior (alright, I'll let that one go. Furd's got nice insides).

Second, go change your fuel and air filters and go back and get you some blue oval in your rearview.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 PM

Or I could had fun this way:

Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

You guys are so funny. I don't read what I post. I also use insane amounts of crappy weak points.

Fords abuse their average consumer. Ford made a bad name for them. But the 6.4 can bash away all you want.

Dodge products is a good solution.
Now, see what I did there? I didn't put words in your mouth, I took some away! And made you funny! And Cummins-relatable!

No need to thank me.

Also, no need to have an aneurism. I'm just upped my dose of meds and I'm feelin' it.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 AM

Believe me when I say im not a powerstroke lover but I got to add a few things in.....

Ever rode in a bone stock 94-95 auto. has to about be the slowest stock truck there is. my old 93 Z71 would run circles around it.

This is mighty cummins power im talkin about, KDP, #53Blocks, VP44, Deathwoble trackbar, wonderful headlights and swich's 60% of 2nd gens have cracked dashes by now, and Dodge is know for their bulletproof auto trans.

By no means is dodge the perfect truck, cummins are wonderful moters but what wraped around it is ?????? I have a 96 FSuperduty for a landscape work truck and even with 5:13 gears it is guttless as heck. However it is a 7.3 and is a pretty reliable old truck. 10 lug truck drives/rides/handles better than the dodge.
I will never own a 6.0L, who wants to pull the cab to work on it which is a not if but when? I will admit the 03 have a cool whistle and the 5 or so I have rode in are weak off the line, I wouldn't want one to have to heavy tow with but you get them wound up and thry move along pretty well.

PS Im glad the 24v with superchips put the smackdown on a 6.0 with exhaust I hear there dyno monsters. Im so sick of working on my dodge and then reading threads like these. Just coming from a guy who has riddedn/drove quite a few diesels.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Wow, I have not heard any of this before. The 94 wasn't even a PSD it was the first release of 7.3 TD. With a ground stomping 205hp and 395 ft-lbs I have a hard time with that story, a really hard time.

Funny, every unit I have passed towing had a V-8 in it.

Huh??? They may share about 25% of parts similar, interior wise.
you could get the PSD mid year 1994 (and it was still considered a 1994 MY truck)...

EDIT: sorrry lil dog, didnt see that 03 ant hemi also responded to this.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Banned

94.5 was the first year of Powerstrokes
Most parts suppliers provide parts for more then one company. Actually there are only a few parts suppliers around, They slap on the label and or stamp for the different companies.

The first 7.3L was produced from 1988-1993. The original 7.3L diesel was a non-turbo charged indirect injection (IDI) engine, followed shortly after by a turbo charged version. It was very similar to the previous 6.9l IDI diesel engine, which was simply bored out for more torque. This engine is not considered in the powerstroke family. In 1994, the 7.3L underwent some changes. The 7.3L was changed to a direct injection (DI) engine from the original IDI engine.[1] Ford also added electronic fuel injectors and gave it the name Power Stroke.[1] This model produced up to 250 hp (190 kW) and 525 lb·ft (712 N·m) of torque.
yeah....in the last year of production....

you think the PSD was making 525 ft lbs in 94.5 when it came out???
Old 07-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spooler
"Good thing or we would all be driving around in a box car with a 3 banger in it.

Yeap, this is where we will be in a few years. Thanks to the enviro whaco's and Obama....LOL

Like what you like, I was just fun-n with ya. I prefer a straight six. If the Ford or Duramax had one of those engines, I would consider one.
duramax DOES have one.

ben
Old 07-11-2009, 08:24 PM
JKM

Originally Posted by Buckshotram
60% of 2nd gens have cracked dashes by now
I'm still not sure where this comes from? I have never seen a dodge with a cracked dash, i was in a junk yard the other day with 53 94-02 dodge rams, not a single one had a cracked dash.... Should i be buying up used dashes and selling them to make a killing?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by JKM
I'm still not sure where this comes from? I have never seen a dodge with a cracked dash, i was in a junk yard the other day with 53 94-02 dodge rams, not a single one had a cracked dash.... Should i be buying up used dashes and selling them to make a killing?
Thats all I ever hear on the PowerStroke site I lurk on. Either that or how the Dodge transmissions are junk...

I've never personally seen a cracked dash either, but it seems to be more of a problem where people live in extreme heat.

I bet you'd make a killing selling those dashes.

As far as an '03 getting walked all over by a '94 PSD... I'd have to say you have a problem with your truck.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Im no fan of 6.0's but every now and then i drive my friends 04 (which recently is starting to fall apart), love the power band that it has and the tranny shifting points...dont think it will pull a load like the dodge.....He's now looking for a used dodge cause he cant afford the repair bills, and ford warranty sucks.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:34 PM

I have no experience in the 6.0 but...

Last week I drove a 1993 7.3 bone stock.
Both loaded with a 7,500 lb. boat and just the trailer.
It had to work on the loading ramp way harder than my truck would've.
And it was slow.

My buddy (the 7.3 owner) used my truck and was blown away. He couldn't understand
how the vehicles could perform so differently.

But, 13 years makes a big difference and I was amazed how well his truck's
interior and exterior had held up.

I loved the way it sounded, and it's exhaust smelled 'normal'
compared to my Dodge - which smells lame.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotram
Believe me when I say im not a powerstroke lover but I got to add a few things in.....

Ever rode in a bone stock 94-95 auto. has to about be the slowest stock truck there is. my old 93 Z71 would run circles around it.

This is mighty cummins power im talkin about, KDP, #53Blocks, VP44, Deathwoble trackbar, wonderful headlights and swich's 60% of 2nd gens have cracked dashes by now, and Dodge is know for their bulletproof auto trans.

By no means is dodge the perfect truck, cummins are wonderful moters but what wraped around it is ?????? I have a 96 FSuperduty for a landscape work truck and even with 5:13 gears it is guttless as heck. However it is a 7.3 and is a pretty reliable old truck. 10 lug truck drives/rides/handles better than the dodge.
I will never own a 6.0L, who wants to pull the cab to work on it which is a not if but when? I will admit the 03 have a cool whistle and the 5 or so I have rode in are weak off the line, I wouldn't want one to have to heavy tow with but you get them wound up and thry move along pretty well.

PS Im glad the 24v with superchips put the smackdown on a 6.0 with exhaust I hear there dyno monsters. Im so sick of working on my dodge and then reading threads like these. Just coming from a guy who has riddedn/drove quite a few diesels.

That was my 24v that laid the "smackdown" on it. this being the whole point of the thread that my pretty much stock truck doesent even have to try to beat on those pos's

Quick Reply: Had to share.....power joke story