General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Fred Swanson,Bill Kondolay and all the gang at DTT appreciation

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fred Swanson,Bill Kondolay and all the gang at DTT appreciation

In October of 2003 I had my automatic transmission rebuilt by Fred Swanson using a DTT tranny From DTT (Bill Kondolay). In that time until may of 2005 i put on over 50,000 miles on it and half of that was pulling a 11K fifth wheel with absolutely no problems.

I did all my own servicing because it was so easy with the mag hy-tech double deep pan and the drain plug in the torque converter, i can get almost 20 quarts of fluid out .

Recently I was coming home from a trip and i noticed i was getting 2nd-3rd gear starts,so i called Fred and Bill and we all decided to change to governor solenoid and transducer switch. I don't have gauges to check my pressures so Bill sent me a set to borrow,but i had no idea what to do. So i changed the parts above but the tranny didn't get any better .

I then drove my truck to Fred Swansons in the phoenix arizona area and he said he would help me out . I already had another trip booked for next weekend so Fred said he would get right on it.I got Bill's gauges and promptly sent them back( thanks so much) because I knew my baby was in capable hands at this point.( Fred Swanson).

I dropped off the truck at noon and later that afternoon Fred called and said he new what the problem was...Whew. luckily something in the valve body was sticking.Fred then took the valve body out and did a thorough cleaning of the valve body and serviced the tranny...Bill and Fred both were only concerned with correcting my problem,not with warranty issues. Fred only charged me minor labor charges and of course parts(fluid and filter).

Needless to say I was very happy and have not yet regretted my purchase of this DTT transmission. Every time i've had a Question or concern they have all been more than happy to help.

While at Freds he also had a shop put in new 4:10 gears from the 3:55's i had, so i could tow my fifth wheel allot easier.I just drove 265 miles from his place to my house in Joshua Tree California and loved the new gearing. It was 108 today and the tranny never got over 165 degrees All of this work was done within 5 days on a last minute request. You guys (and the gals in the DTT office) are the greatest!

Thanks for all of your help, Joe laVoise
2001 2500 QUAD CAB, 2x4 LONG BED AUTO TRANS,4:10's,EZ EDGE,WESTACH COMBO EGT/BOOST&FUEL PRESSURE GAUGES,AFE PRO GUARD 7,DTT,TC,VB,SMART CONTROLLER,4" EXHAUST,10k 32 FOOT FIFTH WHEEL,AMSOIL GEAR & ROYAL PURPLE MOTOR OIL,RIDE RITE AIR BAGS