General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Any mod help w/6.5 chevy non turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any mod help w/6.5 chevy non turbo

Looking for any mod advice for performance gains bone stock 6.5 non turbo :'( needs to have more simple to extreme mods give me anything you can think of aside from the obvious of getting a ctd ;D wish I could.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Any mod help w/6.5 chevy non turbo

Well I was gonna say put a ctd in it, but since you beat me too it I'd saya bout the only thing that is gonna help that 6.5 is to strap a jet engine on the back
Old 10-17-2002, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re:Any mod help w/6.5 chevy non turbo

I can tell you what I did with my old 6.2L non turbo.<br><br>The more air in the better....<br><br>The more air out the better.<br><br>I used the K&amp;N Air filter, I drilled out large holes all around the back side of the stock metal air cleaner container.<br>Looking at the engine compartment revealed little. However, for the most part, the metal air filter holder was gone around the back side. This exposed the K&amp;N filter to the firewall.<br>I also used dryer pipe (Alluminum) to go from the air filter housing to the fron of the grill. I used the stock adapter to connect the dryer hose to the grill. However, I drilled severa large holes in the adapter to allow air to go directly into the hose. (Versus pulling air in from around the sides of the adapter)<br><br>I advanced the stock injection pump up about two - three degrees (Turning the stock pump towards the drivers side)<br><br>I removed the stock dual exhaust and had the stock pipes replaced with dual 3&quot; pipe all the way back. No mufflers.<br>The stock exhaust can be as small as 2 1/8&quot; diameter just below the exhaust manifold where it turns and heads back.<br>Bigger exhaust, more flow.<br><br>That was about it. I know they sell bigger injectors for these engines, and I believe you can also get injection pumps that produce higher volumes.<br><br>The little mods that I did cost little but gained much. <br>I couldnt keep up with a Cummins or even a PowerStroke... But had plenty of power for what I used it for. <br>It was a good, reliable engine... but after the milage, the truck fell apart.<br><br>A very good friend of mine works on several of these engines. He's a good fellow and very knowlegeble. <br><br>If you wish, I can give you his number. PM me.<br><br><br>Rich