Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   6.7 Cummins for 07?? I found a brochure that says so!! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/6-7-cummins-07-i-found-brochure-says-so-90972/)

chaos24valve 02-03-2006 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1
You do realize that modifying the electronics on our trucks is illegal already, right?

From what I have read, and I am just saying what I have read, they are supposed to have a GPS link-up or what-not that monitors the Exhaust gasses out, and computer operations..It was just something I read on here, but there will prolly be some miracle thing that will fix it lol. [whistle]

farmer dave 02-03-2006 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by chaos24valve
From what I have read, and I am just saying what I have read, they are supposed to have a GPS link-up or what-not that monitors the Exhaust gasses out, and computer operations..It was just something I read on here, but there will prolly be some miracle thing that will fix it lol. [whistle]

And who's going to montior these GPS linked readings. That would be a total waste of money and very hard to regulate. GPS is a good tool that isn't utilized a lot in everyday life yet, but why would they incorperate it into something to regulate exhaust gases. Don't get me wrong, it could happen but I highly doubt it.

Berak 02-03-2006 09:54 AM

GPS is downlink only. Cell phone link up? Not hardly. Ain't going to happen anytime soon, you can take off the tin-foil hats now. [laugh] [laugh]

Oh, and, sensors are generally easily fooled, if, ah, that is your thing.

farmer dave 02-03-2006 10:10 AM

Right on!!

HOHN 02-03-2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by GreatWhite91
I'm pretty excited to see what there going to do. I'm sure that motor has the potential to make A LOT of power. Does anyone think they may upgrade the manual transmissions? 7 speeds would be a great improvement.

If the displacement increase is mostly with a longer stroke, then overall HP potential won't be THAT much higher, as this will limit the RPM that can be achieved.

fearthedeere 02-03-2006 10:14 AM

Looks like dodge is pulling a ferd move, by goin from a perfectly good motor, to a turd. I know i dont want a new truck in the near future [eyecrazy]

farmer dave 02-03-2006 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by fearthedeere
Looks like dodge is pulling a ferd move, by goin from a perfectly good motor, to a turd. I know i dont want a new truck in the near future [eyecrazy]

How can you say the the 6.7 is a turd. It is a very proven motor that has proven itself in many differenet applications, just not trucks yet. I don't think that they are going to pull a ferd, I think they will have this motor figured out. They just need to figure out how to apply it in the smaller trucks.

need12v 02-03-2006 11:36 AM

If there's one thing dodge and cummins DON'T want, it would be a flop like the 6. oh no. I think the whole industry learned a lesson from ford on that one. Dodge gained a lot of ground, as far as customer base goes, since the ford problems arose. And cummins has a HUGE reputation on the line here. Think about how many of you will never own anything but a Cummins again? I can include myself with that one. At least cummins is going in the correct direction...Bigger displacement instead of smaller. As long as the particulate trap doesn't cause power loss or high EGT's, I see no reason to remove it, because it does good things for the environment. A muffler is a different story!!!

farmer dave 02-03-2006 12:43 PM

This new engine will be great. The only thing that I can see as being a problem would be all of the senors that are going to be included. Other then that I think that the 6.7 will be another strong running Cummins engine for Dodge. I guess we will have to wait to see what it looks like, but I can't wait.

PanteraGSTK 02-03-2006 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by farmer dave
This new engine will be great. The only thing that I can see as being a problem would be all of the senors that are going to be included. Other then that I think that the 6.7 will be another strong running Cummins engine for Dodge. I guess we will have to wait to see what it looks like, but I can't wait.

The more sensors there are the more parts there are to break. all these are going to do is make more error codes when BOMBED. But I'm sure someone will find a way around that. . .

need12v 02-03-2006 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
The more sensors there are the more parts there are to break. all these are going to do is make more error codes when BOMBED. But I'm sure someone will find a way around that. . .

And you will pay them for it!! :rolleyes:

CoastalDav 02-03-2006 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by DieselDude
its a PDF brochure

6.7 Cummins 2007

so does this mean a 4500 & 5500 are gonna be produced? ......hummmm [roll]

Thanks for the info. I used your link on two other sites. This is really good news.

Dave

zack_76401 02-04-2006 01:09 PM

This is cool.. but really who cares about more power? If a stock 06 doesnt have the power you need and you cant find the extra power by bombing it......What are driving a *little bitty* one ton p/u for anyway. You should go get a real truck. Something that requires a CDL. Enough about that...Why cant they produce something that gets better mileage? With technology today and all the things we can do it seems like with fuel being as high as it is more power/less mileage is a step in the wrong direction. FLAME ON

v8440 02-04-2006 05:18 PM

For those hollering about the upcoming battery of sensors and doodads, I agree. But, this is gonna happen regardless of what engine you get in a truck. Don't think it will apply only to the 6.7. I'll put it this way: Would you rather have cummins designing the sensor stuff, or would you rather have navistar or isuzu doing it?

graphitecumnz 02-04-2006 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by v8440
But, this is gonna happen regardless of what engine you get in a truck.

ditto... same with EGR and the particulate filter.... just part of meeting the new emissions requirements.