Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/)
-   -   Well the ol' WVO burner finally stopped working (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/well-ol-wvo-burner-finally-stopped-working-318099/)

dieselluvr 06-11-2014 10:25 PM

Well the ol' WVO burner finally stopped working

Well it's sad to say but it's been so quiet on here I thought I'd post an update on the WVO burner. Unfortunately it's finally stopped working and has been collecting dust. Sad but true... On the bright side the new company truck with fuel card is running great! Thought about selling the ol' first gen but it's still fun to drive around once in awhile and watch the drivers behind me suddenly get burger joint cravings and pull off at the nearest Burger King. Gotta love running WVO.

RamDodgeSam 08-28-2015 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by dieselluvr (Post 3239714)
Well it's sad to say but it's been so quiet on here I thought I'd post an update on the WVO burner. Unfortunately it's finally stopped working and has been collecting dust. Sad but true... On the bright side the new company truck with fuel card is running great! Thought about selling the ol' first gen but it's still fun to drive around once in awhile and watch the drivers behind me suddenly get burger joint cravings and pull off at the nearest Burger King. Gotta love running WVO.

So, what happened?

dieselluvr 08-29-2015 10:02 PM

Still drive the old WVO burner on occasion

j_martin 09-05-2015 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by RamDodgeSam (Post 3283835)
So, what happened?

He got a company truck and a free fuel card. First gen runs fine, it's just unemployed.

cougar 10-14-2015 11:58 AM

I quit using WVO from the bakery. Worried about what the sugar from the pastries was doing. Besides, I didn't like having the cops following me around. Now it's just bunny huggers.

dieselluvr 11-09-2018 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3287123)
I quit using WVO from the bakery. Worried about what the sugar from the pastries was doing. Besides, I didn't like having the cops following me around. Now it's just bunny huggers.

Bakeries usually use partially hydrated oils anyways. What is a bunny hugger? Only problem I have ever had with my WVO system is the 3 way valve for the return line crapped out on me and filled my diesel tank with WVO. Luckily it didn't happen in the middle of winter... EHCOTECH (on ebag) sells a stainless 3 way ball valve that looks significantly more durable for about $85 ea. Anyone with a home made system should have a couple of these as spares.

sojoe 02-09-2019 01:32 PM

Got a friend with a 96 Ferd P-stroke who has run BIO diesel fuel for over 20 years with good luck and 0 problems. Always hauled 2 55 drums of Bio in bed of truck to save $ . I always admired his frugality. Well this past Fall his luck ran out, broke down several times in Indiana to the tune of nearly $7000. First filter plugged, next rear tank was all gummed up and replaced, next front tank plugged followed by lift pump failure. Next shop replaced injectors. Hauled the old tanks home due to hazmat disposal costs at repair shops.
He said no more bio for me.

dieselluvr 02-09-2019 01:48 PM

Biodiesel is a huge PITA as far as I'm concerned. I can process 50 gallons of WVO in 2 hours. WVO does not have corrosive properties or byproducts like biodiesel and doesn't have the algae growth problems that diesel and biodiesel has (which is probably what ruined his tanks and clogged his filters). I've got probably 200K miles on my truck running WVO.