Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Lucas

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Lucas

Does anyone know for sure if Lucas Fuel Additive will settle out of suspension?

I am planing to use up the fuel in my emergency drum and replace it with fuel from my truck tank.

It is transferred from the drum with an electric fuel pump with inline filters incase you wondered.

And yes it is locked and watched with 2 video cameras.
Jim
Old 12-14-2008, 10:01 AM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
I have never personally used the LUCAS, but since it is petroleum-based, I figure once mixed = forever mixed.

Is it in the drum ??

If so, and you want to be sure it is mixed, just put the pump-hose in the drum and turn on the pump; the pump will circulate and mix things up, (along with any water that has settled out in the bottom).

I plan to soon have one of these :

http://www.fourwinds-ii.com/v2/?c=mrfunnel&i=003

Scroll down and click on the demo-video.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BearKiller
I have never personally used the LUCAS, but since it is petroleum-based, I figure once mixed = forever mixed.

Is it in the drum ??

If so, and you want to be sure it is mixed, just put the pump-hose in the drum and turn on the pump; the pump will circulate and mix things up, (along with any water that has settled out in the bottom).

I plan to soon have one of these :

http://www.fourwinds-ii.com/v2/?c=mrfunnel&i=003

Scroll down and click on the demo-video.

That filter sure is worth every penny if one uses alternative fuels. I wonder how well it does with engine oil and little suspending drips of water.

Regarding the Lucas, I use it Myself and wonder the same thing. I think I'll switch to power service during the winter and Lucas during summer season, I have the feeling the Lucas does settle since on My truck the fuel pressure is low at first and increases when the engine temp is higher. Now My fuel pickup is right at the bottom of the tank so that leads Me to think is is thicker at the bottom and when it is all mixed with the rest of the fuel on the system it is much lighter.

My 2c.