Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/)
-   -   $4 A Gallon By Spring? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/%244-gallon-spring-194360/)

Txwelder 03-02-2008 10:45 AM

Anybody in the Atlanta area, I filled up yesterday at Kroger and they give $0.10 off each gallon bought if you have a Kroger card(free at customer service). I paid $3.29 after discount and a station up the road was charging $3.65. I feel lucky.

Equalizer 2 03-02-2008 11:11 AM

As stated the truckers will not stop driving because regardless of what the fuel costs they just tack on a "fuel surcharge" and pass the additional costs on to the consumer.

The problem is that the people who don't buy diesel don't realize that the cost of diesel is the reason everything costs more.

As to the comments on $2 a gallon gas, regardless of which party controls the government, they both line their own pockets and tell the voters "we are looking into the problem" the end result of them looking into the problem is their pockets get fuller and the oil companies have to hire more trucks to transport their profits to the banks.

Just for information's sake I recall buying a 12 oz soda for 10 cents and gas for 35.9 cents here is a cost breakdown:

10 cents / 12 oz soda = .0083 cents per oz
today $1 / 12 oz soda = .083 cents per oz

35.9 cents / 1 gallon (128 oz) of gas = .0028 cents per 0z
Today $4 / 1 gallon gas= .031 cents per oz

The problem lies in the fact we don't just buy a couple of gallons of fuel but 15 -30 gallons at a time and when it takes at least a day of wages to buy one tank of fuel you end up working for the oil companies a lot more than you work for anyone else except maybe your landlord or mortage company (unless you have finally paid them off).

95dodgectd 03-02-2008 01:53 PM

its bullfeathers im already paying $4 a gallon here for diesel. in bolton,CT im trying to find a little beater thats get at least 20mpg if not 30 which shouldn't be too hard but the problem, is to find something cheap enough so i will actually save money. if i was to buy a little car for 500 and theres lots of those for sale that are extremely reliable. then how long before i start saving money again. cause 500 can still buy lots of diesel even a 4.00 a gallon.

chipmonk 03-04-2008 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Spooler (Post 1969985)
It's $3.65 here. I say the whole country stays home for a week. Vacation at the house. No driving period.

u.s. oil supplies are at a 16 year high, and for the first time ever, u.s. oil demand is continually shrinking. since the oil companies are now multi- national, the laws of supply and demand domestically, have no impact on the price we pay at the pump. it would take a worldwide reduction in demand to make any dent in the price at all.

Como4076 03-04-2008 04:30 AM

Well I dont have to wait for spring cause diesel here is $4.30 a gallon already.......[director][duhhh]

RAMRODD 03-04-2008 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by bama (Post 1975108)
remember back when before elections you used to hear,,dont vote for a democrat,gas will be 2 dollars a gallon!....ha!!!

I remember that very well, I had several friends saying that!!! I told them a oil man would be [tapdshut]