Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Competition / Pulls / OffRoad (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/)
-   -   TTTPA Rule Change (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/tttpa-rule-change-193946/)

JDGnut 02-27-2008 10:16 PM

Are you sure.. Adams tractor is a Hot Farm.. 2.75 limit.. Super Farm class is running the GT 42.. is a 3x3... $1495 for the super farm turbo...
http://outlawpulling.com/PDF/OTTPASF...Newsletter.pdf

turbos10 02-27-2008 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JDGnut (Post 1970295)
Are you sure.. Adams tractor is a Hot Farm.. 2.75 limit.. Super Farm class is running the GT 42.. is a 3x3... $1495 for the super farm turbo...
http://outlawpulling.com/PDF/OTTPASF...Newsletter.pdf

Your right....I was looking at exducer numbers[redface]. TTTPA Hot Farm is the GT42. I checked the rules to be sure. That was the letter I had read with the big numbers from the GT42. This nice thing is with the map width enhancement ring it is also much more forgiving in low flow situations and the small turbine will spool fast. They touch on that in the letter, but only talk about plugging the map ring and seen little power change. The map ring is not for top end HP.....

I just used my handy dandy Convert program and they should be around 2.75 and 2.9". Exducers are 3.75 and 4".[dummy]

HT3500 02-28-2008 08:37 AM

hey guys, here is something to think about. Hanging weights allowed, bushings allowed, and 8500lbs...ok my point ya'll say there will be 30 trucks pulling, well show me these trucks, cause I doubt most street trucks will run around with u-joint shields and loops, or 1" suspension travel in the rear. I think it will be kinda cool to see what can be done in this class. For the most part it will show who can make serious power and stay in the rules...Right...But on another note, ya'll know how many times I heard "that white dually with the single stack is a bad mother" Lynn runs a single, so singles can be crowd pleasers too...Nothing against compounds, I plan on running them as soon as the class grows...

smoker1066 02-28-2008 09:42 AM

The GT42 can come with 2 compressor hsngs. a 2.8 (like mine) or a 3" inlet (like Outlaw Super Farms). With that there are 4 different exh hsngs. with a 3" outlet that can be used to match your engine. I personally am using the 1.15. This tells you everything you could ever want to know about the GT: http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ers.html#Large. This turbo lights easy and for me it hangs in at lower r's. I had trouble one time with snuffing it at the end but that was later found to be a timing related problem. Are some of you guys wanting a "box turbo rule"? Tell us what you want and back up the requests with dedicated pullers and vehicles. I personally thought changing from a 2.8 to a 2.6 was a bad decision, but hey, that is what a bushing is for. What would be an acceptable weight allowance to let single charger trucks run with twin charger trucks? This can be done bc I have a friend that pulls a IH Pro Stock in NY state and up there they run single charger pros aginst 4 charger supers. The supers can run larger tires, but they weigh 500lbs less. The class is very competitive with no one tractor dominating. Something to think about guys, we want impressive crowd pleasers there.

turbos10 02-28-2008 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by HT3500 (Post 1970775)
hey guys, here is something to think about. Hanging weights allowed, bushings allowed, and 8500lbs...ok my point ya'll say there will be 30 trucks pulling, well show me these trucks, cause I doubt most street trucks will run around with u-joint shields and loops, or 1" suspension travel in the rear. I think it will be kinda cool to see what can be done in this class. For the most part it will show who can make serious power and stay in the rules...Right...But on another note, ya'll know how many times I heard "that white dually with the single stack is a bad mother" Lynn runs a single, so singles can be crowd pleasers too...Nothing against compounds, I plan on running them as soon as the class grows...

Good point. Lynn's truck is fun to watch....as are a couple others.

I have to think he is running more than a 2.6, though....could be wrong.

turbos10 02-28-2008 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by smoker1066 (Post 1970897)
What would be an acceptable weight allowance to let single charger trucks run with twin charger trucks? This can be done bc I have a friend that pulls a IH Pro Stock in NY state and up there they run single charger pros aginst 4 charger supers. The supers can run larger tires, but they weigh 500lbs less. The class is very competitive with no one tractor dominating. Something to think about guys, we want impressive crowd pleasers there.

Now that is an interesting idea and would make the class more lively.....as well as open it up a little.

JDGnut 02-28-2008 12:12 PM

Buck you might be right... those DD trucks might not show.. I actually expected all of those truck that pulled later in the night to pull in the classes.. (why not pull in the classes, and have competition, and get a distance?? ) I expected to see RJ and Brian N and a few other twined trucks pull in the class.. But that might be how the 2.6 class ends up too... I think that the trucks that were in some of the lower classes, will move up, even if the turbo is not big enough.. just because there is payout involved.. Shields and Loops are not hard to add to a truck.. Lynns is a good example.. he drove that thing to Houston?? (Or at least drove it in the lot.. haha.. I don't keep up with what people are doing..) I can take the blocks out of Cody's truck in a few mins...

I'm not knocking the 2.6 trucks.. any of them.. they put on a good show.. and are all making good HP.. (or the ones that pulled the other night) And I think they will do good for the TTTPA.. I just hope there is room for the class to grow in the future..

Thanks for the clarification Adam on the turbos.. not sure where I got the 2.75 from.. 2.8 is even better... David had mentioned the box turbo idea.. as just a sugestion... I think that is a great turbo....

Hell.. I don't even have a pulling truck.. haha.. I'm going to support what ever direction Cody decide to go with his truck.. wide open.. or 2.6.. and if I'm at the TTTPA events.. I'll tech the trucks if needed... I don't have a direction for me now.. trucks or tractors... but for now.. I'll crawl back in my hole with my 600 cubed Antiques...

Bryan

what 03-05-2008 03:34 PM

I am totally bumed out over all the new rule changes. I really think a crowd pleasing class is going to have to run a bigger turbo. I really dont feel like trying to blow up a $5000 or better engine and squeaze the air to cool it off throught 2.6 turbo. I had all the plans worked out for the 95 dually. But now i think i am just going to hold off. I dont have the money to blow a high dollar engine just to get into a class. My 2002 dodge with close to 600hp runs hotter than heck with a 2.6 and i can imagine a 700 to 800hp 12 valve with one on it.

Where can you find a 3.0 to a 2.6 bushing????