Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Competition / Pulls / OffRoad (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/)
-   -   Missouri State Fair (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/missouri-state-fair-163670/)

CTDYoungGun 08-07-2007 06:04 PM

Missouri State Fair

Just wondering how many (if any) of you folks were going to go pull at the missouri state fair this sunday (pickups or tractors)

I also wasn't sure what associations were pulling, I know NWMTPA is pulling 8500 diesel pickups but that's the one from my area so I didn't know of any others...

I know i'll be headed down there to watch sunday's pull...but i'll be stuck watching again this year, seems like I always get rid of my trucks right before the fun ones...

Pack Mule 08-07-2007 06:55 PM

uh you missed it. it was the weekend that just went by.

Smoking S 08-07-2007 08:01 PM

I signed up and will be there if don't have any major problems with the new motor when i start her up tomorrow night. Justin Edwards has signed up as well.

CTDYoungGun 08-07-2007 08:23 PM

pack, I thought the same...but it's this weekend...
http://www.mostatefair.com/arena.html

smoking s, are you pulling truck or tractor and what class?

Smoking S 08-07-2007 08:48 PM

I havent had the tractor out all year :( This pulling truck seems to take up the very little free time i have. One of these days ill get it going, atleast i hope so. Hooked- did you get signed up? Anyone know if Kevin Cole got his truck back together?

HOOKED 08-08-2007 07:12 AM

Signed up thats about all the farther i got concdering i broke the heck out of my truck in Iberia... Both drivers side axles and the rear carrier AGAIN! I said to heck with the fair and i am more focused on Scheids. You and Justin better put it on the bottle babies from OakGrove!

Gear Jammer 08-08-2007 07:29 AM

Mo state fair hasn't started yet. The Ozark empire fair just finished in SPringfield though.

satburn 08-08-2007 07:57 AM

Signed up.

Pack Mule 08-08-2007 08:20 AM

so that would mean i need to say my bad man, my bad. if my hangover isn't to bad from saturday night i may actually be able to make it up there. and they do let diesel trucks hook????? i'm to assume that's a yes. who's sled will be there?? and what time does the pull start??

HOOKED 08-08-2007 08:25 AM

[laugh]hey Satburn need anrother crew member? [laugh]

HOOKED 08-08-2007 08:26 AM

Packmule just come up and party at the fair on Saturday and stay at my place plunty of beer in the Bud Tent!

satburn 08-08-2007 08:26 AM

Schedule:

http://www.mostatefair.com/arena.html

It would appear the X-Factor Sled(s), although I haven't heard for sure.

http://www.bungartmotorsports.com/schedule.html

satburn 08-08-2007 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by HOOKED (Post 1637789)
[laugh]hey Satburn need anrother crew member? [laugh]

I think after California it's obvious what I need... more RRRRRrrrrrrs and more money!

Sure, I can only pay you in beer though [coffee]

HOOKED 08-08-2007 09:52 AM

That would be fine by me ! I bet if i dont bring my truck i wont break it!

elandon1201 08-08-2007 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by HOOKED (Post 1637724)
Signed up thats about all the farther i got concdering i broke the heck out of my truck in Iberia... Both drivers side axles and the rear carrier AGAIN! I said to heck with the fair and i am more focused on Scheids. You and Justin better put it on the bottle babies from OakGrove!

Thats a bold statement, no one can stand it when a DMAX is winning.

Smoking S 08-08-2007 10:03 AM

Hooked- Ain't it about time you invest in a set of aftermarket front and rear axles? I gotta a couple sets of stock front and rear axles, i would really like to see you pull at the fair.

HOOKED 08-08-2007 11:27 AM

Smokin the Axles are on the way hopefully they will show up tomrrow the ARB parts are anrother story... Im trying to get it going if it happens it will be down to the wire. Thanks for the offer! I could sure use a front drivers axle.

HOOKED 08-08-2007 11:32 AM

I dont mind if a Dmax wins. Its when they have to shoot NOS to win that makes me laugh.

Smoking S 08-08-2007 12:03 PM

Give me a call. What about welding up the spiders in a stock carrier till some parts come in?

satburn 08-08-2007 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by HOOKED (Post 1637874)
That would be fine by me ! I bet if i dont bring my truck i wont break it!

I'm so tired of tuning on this stinkin' thing. I can't even feel my hands anymore. I'm hoping to have some more parts come in by then to help it out, otherwise I'll be bringing up the rear as usual. Every once in a while, the stars line up and things go great and it does really good and then I go to another track and *poof*, it's gone. Can't figure it out. One thing is for sure, even a deaf man can tell my truck is singing bass in a world full of sopranos... [laugh]

Pack Mule 08-08-2007 02:29 PM

well i won't be up there saturday night, i'll be smokin up the big town of branson in their yearly midnight cruise. but i will do my best to get up early enough or just not go to bed the night before and pull an all nighter. but when i get there ya'll just remember, i tend to get a little loud and full of energy when i get to drinkin. you can ask mike coleman and john issacs about that.

HOOKED 08-08-2007 02:59 PM

Sunday is looking worse by the day I believe the next time the Orange truck will see the track will be @ Scheids

Luken 08-08-2007 09:23 PM

pack, tell me about the cruise in branson?!?!?

Pack Mule 08-08-2007 10:43 PM

it's where cars and trucks from all over the country come down and at midnight one night they shut down the whole road through branson and let only certain cars drive and show off their stuff. there's several thousand people there every year. it's alot of fun everyone's doin burnouts everywhere people dump out a bunch of water in the road, it's a fairly lively event. here's a question about the pull in sedalia, i was told you had to sign up by aug 1st or they wouldn't let you hook. is this true or what????? call me luken and i'll tell ya more about it.

satburn 08-08-2007 11:30 PM

I believe you need to be a member of a sanctioned association to pull at the state fair. The association I pull with needed me signed up by the Iberia pull which was Aug 4th.

Pack Mule 08-09-2007 02:08 PM

any sanctioned association or a specific one???? i'm part of spring river valley. does that count???

CTDYoungGun 08-09-2007 03:46 PM

not sure pack, i know the deadline for the nwmtpa where the guys around here pull in was august 1 but if you want to hook it might be worth calling about...

Pack Mule 08-09-2007 08:00 PM

i don't know who to call or a number. i figure they won't let me anyways though.

CTDYoungGun 08-09-2007 10:59 PM

yea, probably not pack...i figured i'd at least throw out a little bit of hope for you...lol

you going to be alive enough to make it to sedalia in one piece or are you goign to try?

Smoking S 08-10-2007 09:58 AM

Started the truck up last night last night, did't have compression on one cylinder. I then started to pull the head off, only to find a push rod off. I don't think nothing else can happen between now and Saturday, so ill be there!

HOOKED 08-10-2007 10:19 AM

Man you better knock on some wood fast and twice!

Pack Mule 08-10-2007 12:24 PM

i'm not going to make sedalia. they won't let me hook. and if i go and don't then i'll end up to intoxicated to drive home and end up with somebody's sister for a meaningful one night relationship.

HOOKED 08-10-2007 12:52 PM

Dont you mean meaningless![laugh]

mcoleman 08-10-2007 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by HOOKED (Post 1641458)
Dont you mean meaningless![laugh]

I wouldn't bet on Pack meaning that. [dummy][laugh]

CarcajouCummins 08-10-2007 01:22 PM

Coleman, Are you going to be in Branson? Sounds like we need to plan a GTG this weekend in Branson.
PackMule will be there
Luken???? How bout it?
I will be there
Takled with Homer - he is going (Jeremy)

We (me and the family) will be at Steal your dollar city on Sat and Sun.

Luken 08-10-2007 07:18 PM

I won't be able to make it. I'm working 6 12's lately. (I have no life right now) Plus my friends are throwing me a party tomorrow night for my 21st B-day!! [coffee][guitar][coffee]

Floor It 08-11-2007 08:20 AM

You and Justin better put it on the bottle babies from OakGrove![/QUOTE]

Landon from Midwest Diesel is no longer on the bottle! After many times of talking to them about NOS they finally have the truck on #2 only. Yes they spent some big money to get it there but it is #2 only!

John

Floor It 08-11-2007 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Luken (Post 1642008)
I won't be able to make it. I'm working 6 12's lately. (I have no life right now) Plus my friends are throwing me a party tomorrow night for my 21st B-day!! [coffee][guitar][coffee]

Congrats on the 21rst birthday Lucas!![guitar] We need to talk again.

John

Pack Mule 08-12-2007 05:52 PM

boys branson was fun. and the smoke was even better. i had someone on hte side of the road holler my handle but i don't know who it was. good times though good times.

Ground Shaker 08-12-2007 06:48 PM

I wish I could have made it but the move in here in Springfield was longer than expected, plus the first night in town my cousin from here gets a DWI or I would have been there. Let me know of any other pulls around the area. I got to come out and meet up with you guys.