Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Diesel Drags

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Drags

Local car club here had a cruise saturday night and drags on Sunday.
During the cruise a guy I know stopped and picked me up to go for a ride in a 4X4 Duramax that he had been working on for another guy. I have to admit, that it was a very impressive ride.

He has put new exhaust, intercooler, turbo, and some kind of programmer on it. It has been a long time since I have been pinned back in the seat like that one did.

Sunday afternoon at the drags they had 7 or 8 diesel trucks show up and they wanted to run a class of their own. They were all 4X4s.

The Duramax ran away from everyone he ran up to the finals. There was also a Dodge that won all his races very easily. Most of the rest of the trucks looked and sounded stock to me and I attributed most of the differences in driver ability.

Finals came down to the Dodge and the Duramax. I just figured the Max would take it since I had ridden in it and knew how it ran.
Shocker - the Dodge flat out ran away from the Max. He won by 10+ lengths and was still pulling away.

Went and tried to catch the guy in the Dodge, but never found him. I did run on to my buddy and the guy in the Max. They were in shock. He said he did not miss a shift or spin out or anything - he said the Dodge just ran away.

Not sure what the guy had, but it was some kind of fast.

On a side note, I ran my 86 Chev long bed 4X4 in the gas truck division. Ran away from a short bed 2X4 Hemi and a couple other Chevys, but then got smoked by a kid in a SRT10. That thing would fly also. He won the gas division.