Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Attn Off roaders important issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn Off roaders important issue

Please visit this site and sign the petition to help keep our public lands open
https://host593.ipowerweb.com/~acces...tion/index.php

Thank you all,

Bob
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Done as instructed!

Rick
Old 04-26-2007, 01:49 AM

Done! Bob, thanks for posting the link.
Bear
Old 04-26-2007, 07:13 AM

Done. The areas available are definitely shrinking fast.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 AM

Done!! Done!! Done!!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM

A little more background info

Dear Fellow Offroad Enthusiasts,
Back in the 70's, the wilderness area north of highway 78 was instituted by Congress and the rest of the dunes were intended for motorized recreation in perpetuity. We all know how that turned out. Along come other groups that want to close the rest of the area.
In the past, concessions have been made allowing other lands to be designated Wilderness, while leaving remaining lands open to Multiple Use. Contrary to these past agreements Wilderness advocates now want the remaining lands.
There is a petition that works to make this tactic outdated. CLICK HERE to sign it.
Pass the link on to as many pro-access people you know.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Chapter President

I signed it and hope you prevail.
Over here on the East coast there is almost nowhere to go. They are trying to close Paragon and that only leaves Rausch Creek to go wheeling. It sucks. And they are in PA about a 145mile drive to go wheelin.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:13 AM

Signed.,...
Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just signed up... 6152 out of 50,000 signatures needed - hope the word spreads quickly!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Banned

done

darnshortpostlimit
Old 04-26-2007, 09:41 AM

definitely DONE!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:00 AM

Signed! I hope the masses really jump on to signing this petition!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by WRTN
Guess I will be the stick in the mud here.

As a land owner I have some very concerned reservations about the definition of "public lands".

Off roaders, ATV'ers, horse riders, hunters, etc. abuse private property as well as trespass in private land citing the false and unlawful claim that a private road on private property is a public access road. Just do a google search on R.S. 2477.

Private property owners have the right and duty to close off their private land and private access roads to the public. EVERY private property owner has the God given and constitutional right and duty to exercise ownership, use, and management of their private property. That includes determination of who is allowed access and use of their private property.

I can just imagine how any of you would feel if I showed up in your front yard or other property with my truck, ATV's, or tractors and did as I please on your property.

I am fed up with the dumping of garbage, motor oil, anti-freeze, unknown chemicals, furniture, refriderators, washing machines, driers, freezers, cars, trucks, deer guts, and you name it as well as the vandalism, arson, tearing down of posted signes, cutting fences, tearing gates, and just plain ole' disregard for the environment and private land.

If by term "public land", you mean land that is deeded ONLY to the Unitied States or state/county government and is not being leased by a private citizen and access/logging roads NOT on private or leased property then I support your cause 100%.

The fine print and the devil is in the details.
That is the problem isn't it. I am also a land owner and have experienced the issues you mention. I also am a 4wheeler and will tell you that out here in the West there have been wholesale land closures of PUBLIC LAND i.e. USFS, BLM, etc under the guise of resource protection or management etc, etc, etc.
In many cases it is justified but in a alarming number of cases it was done in a office by a public official looking at a map with very little information about the supposed resource impact. They were just responding to a need to manage their area of responsibility and not being off-roaders they had little concerns about where they made their closures. It makes no sense to close a jeep trail that runs for miles across granite in one area while leaving another open that runs for miles up a long wet meadow in a valley. This petition is about taking the Multiple Use designation for public land seriously in areas such as California which have vast tracts of public land. To some extent wholesale closures drive people to use areas such as private property because nothing else is available. Tresspassing and litter on private property is really more of a law enforcement issue than a public use issue. You allready have the right to protect your property, you just need the laws that are allready in place to be enforced. Unfortunately for public officials who are strapped for resources and personell it is much easier to have wholesale closures that it is to manage small scale problems. It is the same with gun control. Ban the guns and the problem goes away??? In reality the people who ignore the law will just have less resistance.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Done.

characterlimit.

Quick Reply: Attn Off roaders important issue