Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Any interest in a pull in florida in July?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any interest in a pull in Florida in July?

Looking to see if there is any interest in an event like this before we get in too deep

Some preliminary details:

July maybe?
The Florida Diesel Truck Club would be hosting the event
Looking to do it in a covered arena in Wauchula, Florida
Diesel Trucks only, 4 classes?
Hook fees will most likely be $30 per class. Payout would be 3 places and based on the number of trucks.

Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:37 PM

No pulling Dodges in Florida?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
didnt you post this somewhere else if i remember right?? is the building roofed with open sides or completely enclosed, cause smoke in a closed building sucks, go 20 dollar hook fee and pay more than 3 if a bunch of trucks show up, if you can get more "stock" trucks interested in this stuff than just the "big" mega trucks you should be able to get the ball rolling, if you need any help this fall or winter with pulls i will be in florida for good after mid-september.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:53 PM

where is Wauchula, Florida?

i will be in panama city on the 1st of July but my truck is stock and probably wouldnt even budge a sled
Old 05-24-2007, 04:12 PM

if there was something around central florida i would be very interested but i cant see driving 3-4 hours for a hook and i have buddys up here that would love to do it
Old 05-24-2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by LOGAN
didnt you post this somewhere else if i remember right?? is the building roofed with open sides or completely enclosed, cause smoke in a closed building sucks, go 20 dollar hook fee and pay more than 3 if a bunch of trucks show up, if you can get more "stock" trucks interested in this stuff than just the "big" mega trucks you should be able to get the ball rolling, if you need any help this fall or winter with pulls i will be in florida for good after mid-september.
It was posted here but there were some issuses I was not part of with that post. It's at an arena that is covered. I've been to 3 pulls there & the smoke is not too bad but then I love it. Thanks for the suggestions, that's what we are looking for. I'll pass it on.
Where in Florida are you moving to?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 03dodgeoffroad1
if there was something around central florida i would be very interested but i cant see driving 3-4 hours for a hook and i have buddys up here that would love to do it
I understand that. We are trying to get it kicked off. We are not exactly sure how it will work yet. We are trying for 4 "Diesel Only" pulls a year, we have talked about rotating areas but we have to start somewhere.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rollin' Smoke
where is Wauchula, Florida?

i will be in panama city on the 1st of July but my truck is stock and probably wouldnt even budge a sled
You'd be about 8 hours away. Bradenton is 50 miles south of Tampa & Wauchula is 50 miles east of Bradenton.

You'd be suprised about a stock truck, a stock King Ranch Ford won the last diesel class (17 trucks total in class) In the class he beat out 2 heavy modded fords, & 2 twin turbo Dodges.
You just never know. As my Grandpa always said: "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good"
Old 05-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Banned

Ill be there TNRGreen. If anyone wants to see the last pull in wauchula goto www.dieselmovies.com click categories then click on sled pull then goto 1st and/or 2nd round wauchula pull april 07. The final round is also on there. The 6.0 ps that wins has 35" pro comps edge w/attitude filter on a stick and 5" exhaust. Im the white dodge flat bed that didnt win.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:25 AM
Muted User

Originally Posted by MoPower05
Ill be there TNRGreen. If anyone wants to see the last pull in wauchula goto www.dieselmovies.com click categories then click on sled pull then goto 1st and/or 2nd round wauchula pull april 07. The final round is also on there. The 6.0 ps that wins has 35" pro comps edge w/attitude filter on a stick and 5" exhaust. Im the white dodge flat bed that didnt win.
hey yer the local boy from myakka. i know yer mom and buy alot of hay from yer stepdad.

thought you were gettin stacks??

anyways ive got the silver x cab with singlr 5'' stack and black rims.

has anyone talked to kieth about the sled.??? ive got his cell phone
Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by dieselbeef
has anyone talked to kieth about the sled.??? ive got his cell phone
Yes he is well aware of what's going on.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by MoPower05
Someone asked on the PS board if there is a new sled? Any info?
Old 05-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you know larry that owns the bowling alley in wauchula??? i remember seeing signs in 2005 when we was down there working for larry for a truck and tractor pull, ill be moving to lakeland but i know that drive very well, and that drive is nothing compared to the 5 and 6 hours trips we've taken to go pull somewhere.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:50 AM

Lakeland is not that far. Thanks for the helping out offer, we just may take you up on that
Old 05-25-2007, 06:23 PM
jta

I would go and watch for sure, I don't know if I am ready to hook or not.

Quick Reply: Any interest in a pull in florida in July?