Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Another Pull in Southern Calif.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Pull in Southern Calif.

Looks like the Fair liked what they saw at Thunder on the lot. THey have asked us back for the Last and biggest weekend of the Fair.
Here is what Craig has posted. Hope everyone can make it for this pull too.
Betty

After the Thunder On The Lot event, The fair wants to have a pull now. Sat.
Aug. 30, 8pm. Antelope Valley Fairgrounds www.avfair.com
There isn't any info on the pull there yet ,but I am working on that.
The plan is to have a 2.6, a 3.0 and a modified class, same as the thunder event. The classes will pay at least what they did at Thunder 1st $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $200. If I can do better I will. Need some hot trucks, let me know who thinks they can make it.

Craig
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome, keep us posted, thanks!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the latest post from Craig, I am trying to help cover all the forums so I am re posting some of the info he puts up on other sites.

Just an FYI - we are going to make a little adjustment to the rules for this pull in the Pro Street Class (3.0). We are going to open it up to limited twin turbos, with a 3.2 max on the atmospheric charger, and I think Unlimited singles. While this isn't my ideal scenario, I am having to do some things to open things up to more trucks to be competitive. This will basically put dedicated single charger pull trucks against some strong, street type twin trucks. In addition, I am going to sweeten the pot a little bit in that class to put some more money in the pullers pockets. As of right now, 1st will pay $600, 2nd $300, 3rd $200 and now 4th will pay $100. The idea is that this will give some incentive for some of the higher hp street trucks that would normally pull with modified (Vorhees) a better chance to compete against the very competitive 3.0 type trucks.

Vorhees will be there, but will pull exhibition since there really isn't anyone to pull with him anyway.

Again, this isn't my first choice, but kind of necessary at this point to open things up a bit. Let me know what you think.

There should be some info up on the www.avfair.com website by early next week.

Craig
That ought to tempt some of the pullers out there.