Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

4000#s and in the 8's?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4000#s and in the 8's?????

found this very intresting
COMP461 wrote:
MADDOG wrote:

Your going to have a rude awaking when I put a 4000lbs street legal truck into the high 8's.

you will be doing somthing edge coudn't do, by that time I should be a little faster. but come on in the waters fine , and line up with me on the tree, then we will see,

I don't think you get it. I am not doing anything like EDGE. I am talking about a street legal truck not a tube chassis carbon fiber lightweight wanna be truck.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:19 PM

Yea.. they have been wearing out the comp forum over there.. MD hasn't been saying much...
It will be interesting to see how things look after IRP... I think the GA boys are bringing some heat.. And I haven't heard a peep out of the TX guys...
Bryan
Old 06-23-2005, 02:24 PM

o they are talking but it is in wispers.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:37 PM

yeh but the forum has been closed to members only. i am bearly in the 8s on 1/8th mile with that weight. would like to keep up with what is going on but they AINT going to get my money
Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 PM

when its all said and done,,,,ill put my money on the georgia boys.and if it got really bad,,imagine if they decided to spray ....................as far as comp,goes,,i hope he runs out like he says,and shuts up some of the guys that dont want to admit he is king of the hill in all out racing now...if any of the other guys were capable of running his times,,they would be bragging all over the boards.just my opinions,,but thats the way i see it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bama
Old 06-24-2005, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by jughead
yeh but the forum has been closed to members only. i am bearly in the 8s on 1/8th mile with that weight. would like to keep up with what is going on but they AINT going to get my money
hey my truck will runs in the 8s in the 1/8 mile with a 6 speed and ut weighs over 8k. the souther boyz will make a heck of a showing in the next few months. and i don't doubt maddog, every one thought he was crazy with the crew cab 4x4. but they got quite when it started runnin 10s. and this is not from the tdr board, the internet natzies would have frowned on that over there. i am not a member either
Old 06-24-2005, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm

i believe its feasible.. Mike have u looked at Diesel Power # 2 lately? man there are some wicked rams in that issue...

Tx
Old 06-24-2005, 03:04 PM

comps rig is not the fastest, bentz's rail is. but i don't see him getting the water head and braggin about it to everyone who will listen. comps rig runs decent, but for the money spent i still fell it should be faster.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:44 PM

not talking rails,,,,comp is the fastest bodied truck right now.even if it is a look alike,it still has a body.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:29 AM

8ts in an 8th

Originally posted by gunracer1
hey my truck will runs in the 8s in the 1/8 mile with a 6 speed and ut weighs over 8k. the souther boyz will make a heck of a showing in the next few months. and i don't doubt maddog, every one thought he was crazy with the crew cab 4x4. but they got quite when it started runnin 10s. and this is not from the tdr board, the internet natzies would have frowned on that over there. i am not a member either
what was your trap speed seems like my 97 aint making hp. mine was 78mph
Old 06-29-2005, 08:11 AM

trap speed was 76 mph, but i missed 4th gear, i was having some issues with the dual disk over 3k rpm.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Muted User

With all due respect, and understanding that I do not own a high HP CTD drag truck, but I do know plenty about drag racing, I will say confidently, the claims of a 4,000 Lb street driven truck in the 8's with a 5.9L CTD are more than slightly preposterous.

Understand what 8's with a 4,000 Lb vehicle that has the heavy rotating inertia of the CTD and the aerodynamics of a pickup truck really mean......

The most impressive heavy metal/street resembling cars in NHRA drag racing are the Super Stock SS/AA hemi cars. They weigh exactly 3,170 Lbs and are dyno proven to make 900 to 950 HP. These cars leave with the wheels high in the air and often carry them 100 feet down the track and then settle out with a low front end height and thus relatively decent aerodynamic drag as they pull the second half of the track. They have extremely light weight, low inertia rotating engine assemblies (for a 426 inch engine), aluminum drive shafts, brake calipers which intentionally pull the pads completely free from the rotors and all sorts of other clever goodies like that, which most people don’t even think about. And these cars run in the high 8's.

Now think about the amount of work that went into the 8 second Cummins dragster. Think also that the dragster probably weighs no more than 1,800 Lbs. with driver. Think about the aerodynamics of the dragster compared to a pickup truck.

Now try to estimate what HP it would take to put a street driven, 4,000 Lb high inertia engine driven pickup truck into the 8's. Probably no less than 1,800 HP is my guess, maybe more.

A while back I suggested that some of the killer pullers were making 1,000 HP and I got flamed on here. How is it that claims of a 8 second 4,000 Lb CTD truck go un-flamed?

KP
Old 07-06-2005, 11:03 AM

maybe because no one would have ever dreamed of a 4x4 4 door ford running in the 10's, but now it seems there are a couple of them to doing it.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by 600 Megawatts

A while back I suggested that some of the killer pullers were making 1,000 HP and I got flamed on here. How is it that claims of a 8 second 4,000 Lb CTD truck go un-flamed?

KP [/B]
Thats easy, unlike the 1000 imaginary hp trucks that are too frightened to dyno , the 4000 lb truck mentioned above is actually going to run down the track. 8 Seconds is tough to believe but unlike the pullers it will be tried in the real world not the imaginary one.

Take it easy KP,

Opie
Old 07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Muted User

I understand, but 8 seconds is a WORLD away from 10 secs. Things quickly become exponential when you start going that fast.

Not being pessimistic, sarcastic or snide, just practical. Its just mathematics and physics thats all...and those matters are un-deniable.

KP

Quick Reply: 4000#s and in the 8's?????