CADTR #27 Forum for the California chapter #27

Diesl World Crude Drags2: Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be camping at the track with the Brown's Diesel crew and will probably be hauling a GN trailer with my flat bed Mtn Goat. My brother's 3rd gen is a red quad cab with black stacks on 35's and Thuren suspended...along with a bunch of other lil 6 cylinder trucks that REB's had his hands on!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:48 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jon96ctd
I'll be camping at the track with the Brown's Diesel crew and will probably be hauling a GN trailer with my flat bed Mtn Goat. My brother's 3rd gen is a red quad cab with black stacks on 35's and Thuren suspended...along with a bunch of other lil 6 cylinder trucks that REB's had his hands on!
Camping at the...........track grounds??
Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 PM

What effect will rain have on this event?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:19 PM

Rain will kill the drag race , but not the Dyno event or the pulling event. even heard there might end up with a mud drag.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:33 PM

Well, lets pray for no rain. I really want to run the 1/4.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Smkndzl
Rain will kill the drag race , but not the Dyno event or the pulling event. even heard there might end up with a mud drag.
yep, they'll axe the 1/4 pretty quick if there's any rain. weather.com is saying 20% for Sat, which usually means nothing to hardly any; and sprinkles at that.

JPR, as far as I know there's camping on the east side of the track, that's where all the camping for the March Meet nostalgia drags is. I assume it'll be in the same area. either way, they usually have a designated area for campers/trailers/RV's there at the track.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Its raining down here in Bakersfield, but the weather systems are supposed to be out of here by Friday.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Chapter President

Talking It's almost here!!

Is there going to be any way for all of us central and so-cal and just DTR in general, guys to get together? I sure would love to meet up with everybody! That is if anybody is interested?

I think we will sneak by in between rain systems, KNOCK ON WOOD!

Hope to see you all there!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, talk about short notice, I just stumbled upon this and might be able to make it. Hopefully, the weather will hold up.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 PM

Drags

There will be a bunch of Us from the Central Coast going.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Big Horn 06
Wow, talk about short notice, I just stumbled upon this and might be able to make it. Hopefully, the weather will hold up.
UMMM, thats why you join the chapter(s), (Central and So-Cal), and then frequent the forum boards!!

JK!

But seriously, JOIN THE CHAPTER(S) its like a gohst town on the two lower CA forums as compared to the amount of trucks in the area!!

Hope you can make it!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:38 AM

got my fingers crossed. weather.com's hour by hour is saying partly cloudy all day tomorrow, with 20% chance of sprinkles late afternoon/evening.

even if the 1/4 does get canceled, there'll still be sled pulls and truck pulls. nothing like hooking tow hitches in the mud!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Chapter President

Talking Aaaahhhhh Yeeeeaaaaaa!!!!!!

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Radar shows a break between systems! I hope it holds!

Good thing I know all of you by site and on a first name basis!! I shouldn't have any problems meeting you guys!

Oh well I guess we will all remain anonymous, just like on here!

Look for the guy with glasses and a Goatee, wearing a Camo Dodge Ram symbol Hat and the DTR baseball Shirt (if not too cold) that will be me!

Hope to see you guys there!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Chapter President

Talking oooooooooooooooohhhhh yyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!!!

For my first race event ever, AWESOME!!! Weather was good for most of the day and it was great!! I was there sporting my six pack to go built to tow DTR Shirt, but I never ran into anybody. Did see one 1st gen sled puller with a DTR sticker on it got some picks, I think I recognize the truck. But the apparent lack of DTR stickers/ DTR awareness (aka, got a lot of response to where my shirt could be had from) vs. the plethora of Cummins powered rigs, and others for that matter, was appalling!!!

I was hoping to meet some of you guys today but I saw no one I knew, and nobody approached me, guess I could have had the tower announce a shout out to all my DTR peeps! But oh well,

All in all a great day, cant believe how many rigs got killed by the sled, something just didn't seem right? Glad to see so many Ladies dragging and pulling.

The vendors booths were good, even got to see Gale Banks! I wish they had more! I hope they continue to do this and more often! With so many race venues being closed we need to keep this one going!!

I took a bunch of pics I will work on posting them soon, Right now I am beat, Driving over the canyon and walkers pass in the snow and the terrible dust and wind going south on the 99 was bad enough, even if I hadn't gotten up at 4 to hit the road!

GREAT DAY! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!

D-C out!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Chapter President

Nobody went eh??

Quick Reply: Diesl World Crude Drags2: Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield