AZDTR #20 Forum for the Arizona Chapter #20

Calling AZ Diesels

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok As for time, lets set it for 10:00 to ?

Also Our shop is called Truck Werks

Hope we have a big turn out, this will be lots of fun . It would also be good to nail down who is bringing what, Bill (wildcat) is all about the asada so assuming he will bring that, what ever you want to bring will be awesome.

Hey Bill call Jason at the shop 480-838-1166 when you get a sec. He is Jason (flexinxj) from VJC.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:36 AM

I will bring brats/dogs and buns, do we need the coolers again?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:40 PM

Party On!!!!!

Alright guys/girls it is gettin close to our M&G lets try to nail down who is gonna bring what and who is gonna show up. I have a grill there, Rob C. will have the coolers. Please post up or PM me what you are bringing so that we have an idea of what we will be available. We have a large parking lot and lots of shop space so come on out and have a little fun.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:44 PM

Thumbs up

I am going to try to make it down there if the river don't rise. I would like to check out all the trucks and see what mods everyone is trying. Maybe tell a few lies about my truck.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:03 PM

I'll be there.

Bringing something for me to eat off the grille, and some Tortillas from Carolinas since everyone is talking about Carne Asada!!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:34 PM

Hey, all:

This is just a recap.
This Saturday is our meet and greet! The festivities are starting at 10:00AM, as posted earlier by Jambbii.

Directions as posted by Rob C:

6315 s Kyrene rd #105
Tempe AZ 85283
480-838-1166
they are on the east side of the road at Orion and Kyrene just north of Guadalupe.

I'll be calling Jason tomorrow morning to finalize some stuff...

I've invited another board with members here in Az to attend. This is going to be Awesome!

Don't miss it!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 PM

Hey all, I'm going ahead with the plans to bring about 10 pounds of Carne asada, 2 dozen fresh tortillas, and a bunch of other fixin's for this Meet and greet.

If you are in to the Carne, don't bring anything to grille, just BYOB (OR soda).

If you don't really care for that, then bring yourself something to throw on the grille.

This is going to be pretty kick ****!! Hope to see you all there!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:28 AM

I will try to make it, at least stop by and meet eveyone since I live about three blocks from the shop. I do have a suspension rebuild scheduled for one of my Minis Saturday morning, but with rain in the forecast, this would be better.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I will do my best to show up. Is there anything else needed?
Old 01-25-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by MikeThomas
I will do my best to show up. Is there anything else needed?
Well, I'll be bringing Carne Asada, FRESH Tortillas, El Pato (Hot Sauce), Pico De Gallo, Shredded Cheese, Refried beans, some plates, some bowls, some napkins, some trash bags... And a bottle of Tequila.

Everyone is bringing their own drinks, don't know who is bringing Ice, but the Ice Chests are covered.

Could use some Plastic Spoons for the refried beans...

It's kinda late in the game to try to "organize" a bring it list.
Maybe just show up and if anything is missing, be willing to go out and grab it!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:39 PM

JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING!!

Someone to take pics of the trucks, people, and the event!

This person will have to post up the pics in this thread after the meet and greet is over! Let's show the rest of the country how we do it in Az!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:33 PM

****...wish I could make it but guess what!?! My truck is with Fred Swanson getting the DTT tranny today! woohoo! Lol but anyways, I really wish I could be there I was looking forward to another get together, just bad timing. Hope yall have fun!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:46 PM

Bill. you really hooked it up today with that carne asada and everything...many thanks! Great time!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:51 PM

We had a really good turnout for this meet and greet!

Probably had about 20 Dodges show up with their owners, A couple Fords, and even a 6 door Ford... but by the time we got to the pictures, there was 14 Dodges. All generations and configurations were represented. We all ran through 15 pounds of Carne Asada, 5 dozen tortillas, 3 extra large cans of beans, 2 pounds of Pico De Gallo, a quart of El Pato, 3 pounds of cheese, a big ol' flat of Guacamole, 5 bags of chips .... OK, there was more food, but suffice it to say Arizona Dodge owners can flat put the groceries down!! We did it up right, and laid the feast out on a Dodge tailgate or two

Let's get to a few pics!

We'll kick it off with my rig!

Some of the guys Looking pretty hungry.

It wouldn't have been a Meet and Greet if we didn't pop a hood and work on a Diesel! Jason of Truck Werks was nice enough to volunteer his shop and parking lot for the event, as a favor, he installed my EGT (Pyrometer).

Jason laughing at some funny conversation taking place while he's "Tappin' the hole"...

You can only see 13 of the Dodges in this pic... the Turqoise one was camera shy, so we had to change camera angles...

This angle is a little better! It's tougher than you think to get this many Dodges in a photo!

We had a "Visit" from the local Law enforcement, who said they had a call from a "Concerned citizen" about some "Suspicious activity" involving a large number of trucks... I think the citizen may have thought we were "Street Racers" or something...

Sorry, no pics of the police, I didn't have the cajones to ask if it would be ok

That's all I got, hopefully someone else will post up with their experience on this event!!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 PM

Thanks!!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out, we had alot of fun. Also a HUGE thanks to Bill (wildcat) for bringing the grub . Hope we can do this again sometime.

Quick Reply: Calling AZ Diesels