Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   well i maybe closing shop (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/well-i-maybe-closing-shop-276002/)

winkdemon 08-23-2010 10:34 PM

well i maybe closing shop

just to let the guys know that i worked on there trucks from calagry and area i maybe closing up shop , do to money owed from to many companys and people just thought i should let people know , i will keep everyone posted on this ,

thanks to everyone that has helped me with building my shop to were it is , [coffee]

Rob
wink's auto & customs

madhat 08-23-2010 11:38 PM

Sorry to hear that dude. I don't know you, but I feel for you. Been in the same boat before.

Grand Geek 08-23-2010 11:40 PM

Sorry to hear... i took a beating like that a few years back.. Gotta love how oilfield companys think 90 or even 120 days is acceptable for payment after a service is done for them..

Hope you can get things turned around (if you desire to stay at what your doing) and carry on..

pind 08-24-2010 12:14 AM

Wink

The trick to staying in business as a small guy, is look out for the small guys. Take the big jobs, that pay slow, as money in the bank. Work for the little guys more, they tend to pay their bills, as long as you are fair about it. The bigger guys just don't care, they'd rather use your money than theirs.

Another key, in this business. Make the customer supply the parts. That way, the most you are out, is some time, not time and cash. This sinks a lot of the small guys. Once again, people don't care, as long as they don't have anything invested.

If you want to keep going, PM me, and I'll give you some advice that you might not like, but you'll build a rock solid business out of it.

Good luck man.

Dr. Evil 08-24-2010 12:21 AM

Sorry to hear that - good luck Rob ! Stick it out if you can.

Tate 08-24-2010 06:52 AM

Sorry to hear that Rob, but hopefully you'll wind up better off in the end, whichever course that may be taken. I'll be talking to you on the weekend.

winkdemon 08-24-2010 09:41 AM

well we will see how it goes in the new shop when we get moved in ,
thanks guys

Mike Holmen 08-24-2010 09:55 AM

Bad run of luck, I go thru a run of those as well. Makes you shake your head at times and think your crazy for trying self-employment. Hopefully things will turn around for ya shortly and things will get better in the new shop.[coffee]

dvst8r 08-24-2010 10:40 AM

That sucks Rob, I lost a business a little over 2 yrs ago, and I am finally just about clear of it. Hopefully this one ends up working out for you.

Mike Holmen 08-24-2010 11:03 AM

Rob, you still thinking/planning on doing automotive glass? Hopefully I can make it in tomorrow and grab a few of parts that are laying around in the shop.

You still parting out the 95? I need a new mechanical fan clutch, bearing or what ever making all that noise by the fan.

Bankdude 08-24-2010 11:22 AM

Hey Rob, really sorry to hear the bad news. You were a big help to me.
Hope to see you back in the saddle soon.

Diesel Dave2 08-24-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen (Post 2828003)
Rob, you still thinking/planning on doing automotive glass? Hopefully I can make it in tomorrow and grab a few of parts that are laying around in the shop.

You still parting out the 95? I need a new mechanical fan clutch, bearing or what ever making all that noise by the fan.

The clutch fan is kicking around somewhere...[laugh]

01 Diesel Nut 08-24-2010 08:00 PM

Man, very unfortunate to hear Rob, hopefully you can make it work, its nice having somebody you know and trust working on your rig.

rage_blue 08-24-2010 10:59 PM

sorry to hear that rob, I know its hard for little shops to compete. I've been in a few shops, all but the current one I work at do not exist anymore. I am begining to think there is just no money in the automotive repair industry. Sometimes I think i'd be better off getting into the oilfeild. But then I'd miss being in the shop. Hope it works out for you.

Mike Holmen 08-25-2010 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2 (Post 2828247)
The clutch fan is kicking around somewhere...[laugh]

The next time I'm down there I'll see about buying it off you guys. Mine seems ok, but there is a noise in that area. That truck is driving me nuts. We took the truck out for a ripper. Max boost was 37-39psi and I couldn't do a burnout[verymad] even a one wheelie burner.

I think I'm just going to P-pump it and throw in some big sticks.