ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Stacks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacks!!!

Well after a little miss hap the other day in the city, i had the need to upgrade the exhaust to stacks. Took about 4 hours to build them and modify the tool box to cover the pipes. Worked out really nice. I also put in a few under body pics and a picture of the tool box that coveres the pipe and such. As for brackets, me and a buddy build some that used the exhaust clamp bracket and it just bolts or tech screws into the box and the stacks dont move. Tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Stacks!!!-img_1555.jpg   Stacks!!!-img_1557.jpg   Stacks!!!-img_1560.jpg   Stacks!!!-img_1562.jpg   Stacks!!!-img_1561.jpg  

Old 01-15-2009, 05:09 PM

Looks fantastic...

Have a few cold ones by the time you snapped the last pic?
Old 01-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Looks fantastic...

Have a few cold ones by the time you snapped the last pic?
nope i just took them like 30 minutes ago. I did this 2 days ago. Its is cold though, -28 here and was -54 with the wind this morning.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was back home in Sask for Xmas...Wow.....-46 with wind chill and still no relief for you guys..It was +4C here today.....Otherwise the stacks look great.Did you have to cut any of the cross member that goes across the box....My stack kit is still sitting in my basement...
Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
I was back home in Sask for Xmas...Wow.....-46 with wind chill and still no relief for you guys..It was +4C here today.....Otherwise the stacks look great.Did you have to cut any of the cross member that goes across the box....My stack kit is still sitting in my basement...
ya but i used a hole saw so its not missing much. Ill make a brace this summer once i have some time.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:59 PM

Looks good, will be nice when I get mine in too. Mine is in storage like Dave's. So what was the mishap? Someone run into the tailpipe, or were you smoking out the cops?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 PM

looks good man i need to box mine in we went up to the airboat camp and a bag with our pillow sliiped out of the straps blew into the stacks and cought on fire the gf wasnt to happy
Old 01-15-2009, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tate
Looks good, will be nice when I get mine in too. Mine is in storage like Dave's. So what was the mishap? Someone run into the tailpipe, or were you smoking out the cops?
No i went to regina for some grub with some friends and i got cut off after lunch by some WOMAN driver. I hit the median and hit what felt like a concrete block and it took the tailpipe and muffler right off. Broke one rubber exhaust band and that was it.But it gave me a reason to upgrade to stacks. plus the price was right. Wish i could smoke the 5-0 out, but to cold here to do that. its just white smooke no bbbllllaaaacccckkkk. but sooner there will be. Plus 1 tommorow
Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by DODGER BOMBER
No i went to regina for some grub with some friends and i got cut off after lunch by some WOMAN driver. I hit the median and hit what felt like a concrete block and it took the tailpipe and muffler right off. Broke one rubber exhaust band and that was it.But it gave me a reason to upgrade to stacks. plus the price was right. Wish i could smoke the 5-0 out, but to cold here to do that. its just white smooke no bbbllllaaaacccckkkk. but sooner there will be. Plus 1 tommorow
Good ole Regina drivers. I have seen my share this winter. Last wknd I was turning to go east on Sask Drive in the far left off of Lewvan southbound and the 'person' texting beside me decided to come over into my lane as we turned...my duals grabbed the snow bank and tossed the trucks back end up in the air as I tried to keep going straight...the headlights and bumper were less then a foot from the drivers window. . They stopped texting. I'm in Regina...PM me next time you are here. Would like to check the surgery on your truck.

Scotty
p.s. anyone know the thread where that one truck had the 8" side pipes on a Mega Cab? hmmmmm
Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM
ICL

Looks sweet!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
p.s. anyone know the thread where that one truck had the 8" side pipes on a Mega Cab? hmmmmm
Need a lot of pipe to do a mega cab long box. Would look good though.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Tate
Need a lot of pipe to do a mega cab long box. Would look good though.
Someone on this site did it. they ran 5" inside the 8's. I think they used the pipes as steps too but not sure. It was a blue Mega...looked real different.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:50 PM

i Know there is a guy in calgary that did that with a half tone that he converted to a cummins. He put 6" turn out on and built them into steps. It looked cool,but i dont think would want to be steppin all over my nice new 400 dollar stacks.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:35 PM

What size are those?

BTW, you need some of these to secure them to the bed:

http://staxxclamp.com/Staxx_Clamp_Home.html
Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by DODGER BOMBER
i Know there is a guy in calgary that did that with a half tone that he converted to a cummins. He put 6" turn out on and built them into steps. It looked cool,but i dont think would want to be steppin all over my nice new 400 dollar stacks.
Ummmm, when did you move DB??

Quick Reply: Stacks!!!