ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Off road shops in AB.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off road shops in AB.

Ok going to be making the trip down on thurs. to Calgary to drop off the bike. What i need to know is what are the good off road shops to deal with. That would be in Edm. Red Deer or Calgary. I'm looking more for accessories right now, as in bumpers, rolltops, etc. Can you all fill me in.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 PM

I would see Dale at National 4wd. just off Blackfoot Trail sort of across the street from Shaw GMC and Blackfoot motorsports in Calgary. I wouldn't deal with anyone in Red Deer anymore. Don't know about Edmonton.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 PM

Try Tonka or 4-Wheel parts and a new one called Take it Offroad in Edmonton
Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 PM

I have never dealt with them but maybe try in Edmonton at Interior Off road. Here is the link to there website http://www.interioroffroad.com/
Old 02-26-2008, 12:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is Canada Custom Vehicles in Red Deer, If you come in on 67th street and head south past the mall, bottom of the hill you will see on the left hand side CCV.
They have lots in stock, and decent prices.

There is a couple of other shops that I know of but they have very little stock.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't go directly to CCV.. I have seen/heard some gruesome details from there.. There is another shop opening up by a well known local guru called Altitude Adjustments in Red Deer. Good guy that knows how to do offroad stuff, I believe he was the former owner of Rocky Mountain Offroad...
Old 02-26-2008, 10:45 AM

His name is Eric and his shop is open, great guy and like Lil Dog said, he is a guru with offroad stuff
Old 02-26-2008, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
I wouldn't go directly to CCV.. I have seen/heard some gruesome details from there.. There is another shop opening up by a well known local guru called Altitude Adjustments in Red Deer. Good guy that knows how to do offroad stuff, I believe he was the former owner of Rocky Mountain Offroad...
Eric is really good. Altitude Adjustments is down the street from me here in Red Deer and he has some great prices and does really good work. Also there is Lite industries or ArmourLite in Red Deer. Mark is the owner of both. Mark has built some of the most amazing stuff in Canada, he's a genius and a really decent guy. If you want real custom stuff, go see Mark...
Old 02-26-2008, 06:11 PM

There is also Buzzards off road in Edgar industrial park.

DSG in also here. They have some great service from my dealings.

About CCV they havent impressed me a whole lot, but a couple guys I know who have bought stuff from hem swear by them over any other shop in Southern AB. I truly do not see what they see but to each their own.

I been thinking about this industry and it sure would make a great part time job.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM

What do you want or need. I can get you a deal as our shop is a wholesaler and a supplier to various offroad shops in alberta. I can get basically any thing from lifts, to bumpers to rims and such
Old 02-27-2008, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Eric is really good. Altitude Adjustments is down the street from me here in Red Deer and he has some great prices and does really good work. Also there is Lite industries or ArmourLite in Red Deer. Mark is the owner of both. Mark has built some of the most amazing stuff in Canada, he's a genius and a really decent guy. If you want real custom stuff, go see Mark...
Actually Mark doesn't own Altitude Adjustments. It is owned by another gentleman.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis-NADP
Actually Mark doesn't own Altitude Adjustments. It is owned by another gentleman.
Dennis, Mark owns Lite and ArmourLite, not Altitude Adjustments...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:14 AM

I'm stricktly talking about parts buying........if you want offroad building and 4 link suspension expertise, you want Clayton @ Evolution Machine & Fabrication. He's built 5 (IIRC) of buggies plus his own that are entered in this years Top Truck Challenge in Hollister California. Plus hes a friend of mine.

But if you just want parts you can go anywhere really, but I know Dale @ National 4wd. Hes a Journeyman automative mechanic that does parts now. he knows his stuff. any guy with tatoos of engines and hotrods on his arms must be good
Old 02-28-2008, 12:29 AM

Where are all these shops located in Red Deer???
Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 AM

ArmourLite and Lite Industries(owned by Mark!!) are down in Riverside next to Red Deer Coatings. CCV is also down in Riverside by NAPA. Altitude Adjustments is over in Johnstone just East of Big Dog's car wash. Buzzard is over in Edgar Industrial by Cullicut/Finning. Rocky Mountain Off Road used to be the best shop till Mark sold it and the new owners DROVE it into the ground..

Quick Reply: Off road shops in AB.