Sunday Sept 12 dyno
80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Dyno in Red Deer Aug or Sept

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rob

No panic on the tester, I know where it is if I need it. Push come to shove, my brother lives up in Edmonton so it can always go that route if needed.

No Off-Road Expo huh! I guess the promoter finally cheesed off enough people! He wasn't to well liked by my understanding.

Jeff
Old 08-31-2010, 10:40 PM

Not looking good for me to make it-I think I'm heading south for one last kick at the proverbial can at my favorite fishing hole. If plans change, I'll come up for the BS session anyways-my black truck is dead-stock AFAIK and the silver one has enough blowby now to pass for the rad boiling over at times....

Jason
Old 08-31-2010, 11:10 PM

There is a good chance now that I may not be able to make it either. Finances are not looking good this month..... hopefully something comes up, but lately it has been all expensive
Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by morkable
There is a good chance now that I may not be able to make it either. Finances are not looking good this month..... hopefully something comes up, but lately it has been all expensive
Hope you could make it down....You still have 12 days...
Old 09-01-2010, 09:01 AM

I will try to make it if i can solve a dead pedal issue. In fact if I can't solve it, it might be good to come anyway and have th experts take a look.....here is the symptoms: when I do a full throttle pull on the highway from low speed, there comes a time in 4th gear when the engine will not speed up no matter how much throttle I give. It dies around 2k rpm. If I hold it steady at that speed for a couple of seconds, more throttle will be available for more speed.
Almost like fuel starvtion. Fuel pressure is good according to banjo bolt guage.
Or sticky rack, or throttle linkage. There is a lot of play in my throttle pivot......I did change my oil after drilling the oil pan to catch debris????
Old 09-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Is that truck have a apps? or is it just a cable to the PPump?
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm in for this on Sept 12.

Not sure if I will dyno but I say that everytime and I end up on the dyno everytime!!

I will say that I have a ton of parts to install on my truck but they won't be on before the dyno GTG...

...Joe
Old 09-01-2010, 02:11 PM
The Guru

Steve, we should have our lastest twins configuration done for the dyno event. Just finishing up the small bits and pieces. I'm using an adjustable incab wastegate controller on this set-up.

Originally we want to configure two trucks, to run twins for this event.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:31 PM

I will be there, I doubt my truck will be, clutch is badly wounded, and I still need to make another trip with it to Kamloops this weekend.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by ram4by
I will try to make it if i can solve a dead pedal issue. In fact if I can't solve it, it might be good to come anyway and have th experts take a look.....here is the symptoms: when I do a full throttle pull on the highway from low speed, there comes a time in 4th gear when the engine will not speed up no matter how much throttle I give. It dies around 2k rpm. If I hold it steady at that speed for a couple of seconds, more throttle will be available for more speed.
Almost like fuel starvtion. Fuel pressure is good according to banjo bolt guage.
Or sticky rack, or throttle linkage. There is a lot of play in my throttle pivot......I did change my oil after drilling the oil pan to catch debris????
Pull your plate out and AFC and see if it still happens. I was thinking your AFC could be sticky and not moving ahead. If those check out, it would be a gov/rack issue.

I still plan on being at the dyno, but it might not be the truck I wanted. Turns out a 13mm pump is a little more wild than first expected.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
The Guru

Tate I'm still trying to swing you a deal on a custom built S510 turbo. I guess that their seems to lots of interest in this turbo as of late.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:12 PM

You worried yet Dave????
Old 09-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Daves not here....
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 AM

Good one Dave, that made me laugh. Thanks for the leg work on this one.
About the truck Tate, it revs out fine in 1,2 and 3 gear. Does that eliminate gov as the cause?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jamie and Dave I am sure you will have a good turnout. I wish I could make it...I sure would have liked to get the new dually on the rollers........before I put it on steroids.......lol. That’s what I love about the Alberta crew......we always seem to manage. Please take a bunch of pics and post for the guys who couldn't make it. I appreciate what all you guys are doing. This year has been a slow one for us for gtg’s………..lets smarten up and geter done. Its not at all at what your truck can put down…… but just getting together with the people that enjoy it and shootin the crap is what matters…….ok the numbers are exciting!!!! Keeping a community together is the goal. Hats off to you guys. Again so sorry I couldn’t be there. Hopefully next year or another in the winter sometime!!!! Alberta style….ha ha. Good luck all.

Quick Reply: Dyno in Red Deer Aug or Sept